Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Ep 5 balance update discussion

The other topic is only about ranger...

We're getting increased power and duration for Guard Stance. I assume power means damage reduction but as long as it doesn't reduce tech damage (especially considering the weird formula that makes most tech based damage elemental damage instead) it will always suck, even if there was a point in using it).
    The increased duration sounds weird, as a stance it should already have no duration limit.

WL gets its normal attacked buffed, like some other weapons. I don't see the point because of those getting a buff, only bow has any use for normal attacks and even then at the moment they aren't all that great. For bows maybe Sega wants to compensate for the pp issues by making normal attacks viable when low on pp (though you could always just switch to a gs and refill pp).

Vol Graptor changes sound like Sega wants discourage it's use, especially considering 9 PAs are getting buffed. Personally I think it's great cause at the moment Vol Graptor combos kinda suck, they are too situational and too often you need sacred skewer to actually hit, which devours pp like a blackhole and results in pretty low damage.
    If we can just use pas directly for damage and don't need to rely on Vol Graptor, damage will be a lot higher.

Knuckle buff sounds nice, though considering how strong knuckles are already, I don't think there is actually any need for buffs (except a range buff for BHS).

The Chain changes sounds awesome. At the moment chain is very unreliable but does massive damage. A reliable lower damage version is far less frustrating.
    Assuming the damage nerf will be the rumoured max of 999999 that still leaves chain as powerful bossing tool.
    TMG attack gear accumulation buff sounds awesome. Though the root of the problem is gear depleting as fast as ep 2 sword gear.
    It's one of the main bad "op when working perfectly and frustrating and weak if the ai rng doesn't comply" mechanics.

I also use Grim Barrage a lot (I could never play GuRa and using Standing Snipe) and want to use Elder Rebellion more for the range, so the buffs are great.

The Katana buffs are also nice, Tsukimi/Gekka pp reduction hopefully makes them able to compete with guren and sakura. DPS might be similar at the moment but pp consumption is just too high.
    It's also nice to use more fast pas on braver.

Asagiri seems to be making a full comeback with such a huge buff. If the range would get buffed it could actually be an alternative to Guren.
    And that Shunka buff...almost sounds like it will turn back into it's ep 2 state.
    Fudo might be finally worth using with decreased pp cost.
    Likewise Gravity Point might be good with the changes, at the moment it's mostly worthless cause by the time you are using the next pa the effect is already gone.
    Banish arrow is also getting nerfed at last, like all OP burst damage multipliers.
    And sadly Sharp Bomber is getting more expensive. No more spamming it I guess.

The non elemental boost for Elemental Stance seems to be Break SD for boots, but I wonder what it means for DBs. Certainly I hope it won't make it mandatory to change element for every single enemy, in mobbing eqs that can mean not even getting a hit in and it will definitely help with zondeeling enemies of more than one type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    We're getting increased power and duration for Guard Stance. I assume power means damage reduction but as long as it doesn't reduce tech damage (especially considering the weird formula that makes most tech based damage elemental damage instead) it will always suck, even if there was a point in using it).
    The increased duration sounds weird, as a stance it should already have no duration limit.
    It doesn't say this on PSU Blog, but it's actually Guard Stance Advance that's getting buffed. You can see this on the JP site: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=11331

Guard Stance Advance is the skill that currently gives +20% damage for 10 seconds after doing a Just Guard with Guard Stance. They're buffing the power and duration of that effect.

Considering that Fury Stance, Fury Combo, Fury S Up 1, and Fury S Up 2 stack to +45.53% damage and it works all the time, they'd need to buff Guard Stance Advance a lot for it to be competitive.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

For Hunter ... it's GuardStanceAdvance ...... the main-only part, that only activate on JG while under GuardStance.
    Saw it on bumped, it says GuardStance ..... but PSO2 site already listed it as GuardStanceAdvance.

Power + duration up (currently damage +20%, 10s duration at Lv5)

That knuckle buff sounds fun though (damage up for BHS ...... wat ..... the .... heck XD )
    Reduced PP for Heartless ..........
    Damage Up : Ducking, Flicker, Pendulum, FlashThousand, Quake, Surprise, SlideUpper (and custom recipe power), BHS

I do wonder about Chain's cooldown ..... I wonder if they make it 45s or as far as 30s (which technically means permanent ChainFinish if managed to always get 100. 4 Gu party, let's go !!! XD ) ......

As for ElderRebellion ....... if it's at least a bit above SatAim (grounded), I'm happy. At least for some cases when I need to do ChainFinish while grounded, it's a nice option to have.

Buffed GrimBarrage is always a welcome. Though I mostly only use it for bossing or ChainFinish or some cases (still prefer DeadApproach due to speed) ..... if it can close the gap between SatAim - IF0 - SatAim for ChainFinish, I'm happy

Less PP for FudouKuchinashi is always welcome I'm a bit used to use it, due to stun effect for some annoying mobs
    Last edited by final_attack; Jun 13, 2017 at 06:59 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Gurren + Shunka = Ultimate Shing-shing Man. Glory to all katana users!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

They're killing Gunner. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    They're killing Gunner. Again.
    As a subclass, sure.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Super happy for the Partizan change (:

The balance changes look like SEGA pored over their game, and said:

"Hey, what does everyone use the most?"
    "Compounds, Maron, Zanverse, Subclass Chaining, WB, and Vol/Banish."
    "Good. Nerf them. Nerf them hard."
    "And everything else?"
    "Buff everything else except Techer and Bouncer they're fine but yeah, buff everything else."
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Balancing (updating) classes has been a norm with each episode. Rightfully so because new classes add new functions to existing classes, but hero doesn't sub either way. So, WTF? Maybe to engage players on the new class?
    TBH, I might not play hero if fo/te can just compound every 20 seconds, just as well with the other PAs and skills that are getting shit on, and they knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    As a subclass, sure.
    BrGu and FoGu should still be able to do still do silly damage without the 1.35x multi from chain finish skill.

Also Katana buffs make me and my FiBr really happy.

Maybe I can replace Guren with Shunka now and not deal with Guren killing Brave Stance all the time lol.