Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pso2 life span?

Default pso2 life span?

just curious how long does everyone think sega will support this game and how long the servers will be online? i was just thinking how every other pso game didnt last too long and i wonder if i waited to long to start playing this game. are there talks of them making a new pso? maybe one that will actualy come to the west lol

Their plan was 10 years, so if they stick by that we got another 5 year so. There have been no announcements of them working on a new PS as of yet.

I would honestly be surprised if they could keep this going another 5 years with how the upcoming content feels. Personal opinion, I just think the devs are out of steam but eh I might be being harsh from what I've seen of ep5 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Their plan was 10 years, so if they stick by that we got another 5 year so. There have been no announcements of them working on a new PS as of yet.

I would honestly be surprised if they could keep this going another 5 years with how the upcoming content feels. Personal opinion, I just think the devs are out of steam but eh I might be being harsh from what I've seen of ep5 so far.
    According to their corporate roadmap through 2020 (slide 24), it seems they do at least have plans to support the game until then. Keep in mind that they are seeing profits from micro-transaction sales, both in this and other games, so maintaining that may be more cost effective than developing a whole new game in the near future, no matter what direction it goes creatively.

Yeah, it surprised me how profitable PSO2 was for SEGA so I can actually see them going through with their 10 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Yeah, it surprised me how profitable PSO2 was for SEGA so I can actually see them going through with their 10 year plan.
    Japanese audience, considering over the top action scenes that would normally bore us, do well in japan.

Not to mention how much mobage games do well there, whereas here it's not handled very well.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ―\_(ツ)_/―

Believe that the PSO2es will prolong the PSO2 franchise's life.
    However, the game's folder size is like a time bomb.

With all the other games I tried throughout the years, nothing compare to PSO2 in terms of how fast they can churn out content, some hit, some miss but no other games can have that track record of content that fast most of them update once a month or two.

I also like that they are not afraid to introduce new concept like skill rings, gathering, crafting, duel, etc. While most of them died down in a few weeks or so, you can't deny that you have so much to do with PSO2 that you won't get bored for months.

With both access to Vita, and PS4, we have more players than before so I think the game would do well years to come, I mean I haven't realize it but we already hit the 5th year mark so that is something.

I heard from a tweety bird that Sega mentioned that PSO2 will at least run until 15* were common
    我ら来たれり。ーWe have arrived.ー

I still think they're already working on a PSO3 in secret.

PSO2 is heavily hamstrung by its need to support the Vita and by the outdated hardware target they set all the way back in 2012. By supporting modern PC hardware and the current generation of consoles exclusively they could get away with a whole lot more than they currently do.

Also, we've had a new PSO/U game release every 6 years consistently twice now (2000 -> 2006 for PSO -> PSU, then 2006 -> 2012 for PSU -> PSO2). I know the odds of them breaking this streak are quite high, but... I can dream, can't I?

I think I'll take a break on PSO2 and go back to playing FF14 ... I did not like the contents of EP5 (I will not even talk about EP 4). The game receives many updates, but is always more of the same

"Episode 5 sees us travelling through a black hole to a medieval land of war, where the villains torment the er… the other guys.. with evil flowers that can summon demons. If you think this sounds dumb, don’t forget we just got done with Earth where the enemies were ghosts created through the power of imagination"

https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2017/...-are-the-hero/
    Last edited by Maulcun; Jun 17, 2017 at 01:34 AM.