Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back after 2 years - what do I need to know?

Could I get help getting up to speed on whats going on and what have I missed?

Last thing I remember was 13* weps (which of course I never got) in the corrupted Naberius Forest area, a few months of that and the Attack on Titan emergency quest that I must have done several hundred times.

Now I come back with obviously a lot of questions.
    1) Do the best weapons in the game come from this white Falz knockoff with all the snakes and roots?
    2) What do I do here? I only died 2 or 3 times but I spend most of it running around chasing the core and never getting a good chance to even attack. We failed the first run and next one succeeded.
    3) What are "Bonus Quests" and why am I not allowed to do them?
    4) Summoners? Pets?
    5) Fishing/mining? What is this, Runescape?
    6) New form of currency SG?
    7) Story mode removed?
    "grind exp"?
    9) "NT weapons"?
    10) Superior item tekking?
    11) Special eggs? What do I do with these?
    12) Time attacks changed/nerfed?
    13) Do we still have that mining base EQ because that was fun as hell.

Sorry for too many questions. If anyone has some general important things I should know that would be good too. Ill probably end up adding more to this list that I forgot. Thanks in advance.

1) Most weapon comes from collection files, kill x enemy, get the 13* you picked. No more RNG involved.
    2) You need to get to Expert block if you want it cleared with the highest success rate.
    3) Bonus quest gives tons of EXP and can get you up to speed, you can enter using keys you randomly get doing Featured Quest.
    4) It's the new class.
    5) Lets you craft food with stat boost or craft rings which has unique properties (using other classes skill to another one, albeit, a weaker version)
    6) It's an alternative to AC, lets you get cool stuffs without spending money.
    7) Ep 4 uses a story board, a no fuss matter board were you just watch cutscene one after another, no more kill monsters to get the cutscene.
    8/9) New Type weapon ditches the grind +10 unlock potential, reset to zero, now it goes from 0 to 35, unlocking potential and raising attributes in one go.
    10) Lets you get more chance of better stats
    11) Eggs are Summoner's weapon
    12) You only need to do them once a week
    13) We have like 4 iteration of those, 6 if you count Necky and VR training.

1) Currently, the best weapons you can get from collection files are the ones from the snake guy, but you can also collect ones that don't require running any EQs, like the Revolucio or Aura series. Collection files switch out every so often, usually when new raid bosses or seasonal events are introduced. To see which ones are currently available, talk to the NPC named Pudding in the gate area.

Also possibly relevant: 13* drop outside of Ultimate quests now, and many of the newer bosses can drop them at level 80.

2) Deus gets much easier once you learn its attack patterns, so just keep at it and you'll be fine after a few tries. You can buy 11* units and up to 12* weapons, so if you feel your attack or defense is lacking, try the players' shops for some equipment.

4/11) It's a class that uses the "takt" weapon to control pets to attack. The pets are hatched from the eggs that you've found, and can be fed other eggs to level them up. They have PAs specific to their type that they learn and increase in power as they level up.

5) Each free field has special mining or fishing spots. Most of the things you can get are useless, but minerals and stones can be crafted into special rings, and the rare fish and food items are client order items for Yerkes, an NPC in Franka's cafe, and occasionally for daily orders.

6) SG is used for specific scratches, to reset cooldowns for feeding pets, to buy items from the treasure shop NPC (Shirona) in the gate area. You can acquire SG as a log in reward, a reward on certain bingo boards, as a campaign reward, or from wearing certain costumes.

10) In addition to the potential for better stats, you can also get a higher starting grind value.

12) People complained that they were boring or something so Sega changed them from being daily to weekly. Completing certian TAs is an occasional daily order, which can make them more lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    1) Most weapon comes from collection files, kill x enemy, get the 13* you picked. No more RNG involved.
    2) You need to get to Expert block if you want it cleared with the highest success rate.
    3) Bonus quest gives tons of EXP and can get you up to speed, you can enter using keys you randomly get doing Featured Quest.
    4) It's the new class.
    5) Lets you craft food with stat boost or craft rings which has unique properties (using other classes skill to another one, albeit, a weaker version)
    6) It's an alternative to AC, lets you get cool stuffs without spending money.
    7) Ep 4 uses a story board, a no fuss matter board were you just watch cutscene one after another, no more kill monsters to get the cutscene.
    8/9) New Type weapon ditches the grind +10 unlock potential, reset to zero, now it goes from 0 to 35, unlocking potential and raising attributes in one go.
    10) Lets you get more chance of better stats
    11) Eggs are Summoner's weapon
    12) You only need to do them once a week
    13) We have like 4 iteration of those, 6 if you count Necky and VR training.
    Thank you for the reply.

So Bonus Quests are useless since Im max level?

I dont even have an option for Story Quests at the counter. Its like they disappeared.

Are "NT" weapons stronger than "normal" weapons? Is that the same system for 13*?

Questions open to anyone.
    Last edited by Kiyumi; Jun 17, 2017 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    1) Currently, the best weapons you can get from collection files are the ones from the snake guy, but you can also collect ones that don't require running any EQs, like the Revolucio or Aura series. Collection files switch out every so often, usually when new raid bosses or seasonal events are introduced. To see which ones are currently available, talk to the NPC named Pudding in the gate area.

Also possibly relevant: 13* drop outside of Ultimate quests now, and many of the newer bosses can drop them at level 80.

2) Deus gets much easier once you learn its attack patterns, so just keep at it and you'll be fine after a few tries. You can buy 11* units and up to 12* weapons, so if you feel your attack or defense is lacking, try the players' shops for some equipment.

4/11) It's a class that uses the "takt" weapon to control pets to attack. The pets are hatched from the eggs that you've found, and can be fed other eggs to level them up. They have PAs specific to their type that they learn and increase in power as they level up.

5) Each free field has special mining or fishing spots. Most of the things you can get are useless, but minerals and stones can be crafted into special rings, and the rare fish and food items are client order items for Yerkes, an NPC in Franka's cafe, and occasionally for daily orders.

6) SG is used for specific scratches, to reset cooldowns for feeding pets, to buy items from the treasure shop NPC (Shirona) in the gate area. You can acquire SG as a log in reward, a reward on certain bingo boards, as a campaign reward, or from wearing certain costumes.

10) In addition to the potential for better stats, you can also get a higher starting grind value.

12) People complained that they were boring or something so Sega changed them from being daily to weekly. Completing certian TAs is an occasional daily order, which can make them more lucrative.
    Thank you for the reply.

What are these "collection files" and how do they work? I went to Pudding and picked them up, then I did the rainy forest EQ and it gave me some % progress on them? I just run that quest like 50x and I get a guaranteed 13*?

Is there another better way to get 13*? I also found Challenge Quests.

I think I got a 13* untekked from the rainy forest because it made a extra fancy "rare drop" animation. Is this when I use the superior tekking option?

Questions open to anyone.

Yes, you can now see if the item is 13* even at untek as they have a rainbow icon so it is best to use the superior one.

As for collection file, each kills raises your % (rare drop affects this) and when it hits 100%, the next kill will get you the drop, do it for all the pieces and you get the 13* you selected, that is the best way to get a 13* aside from exchanging weapon badges.

NT weapons will be the norm so it will be better than the original one where they stop making I think past Austere so it is all NT at this point forward. Just a side you, you need the same weapon to get past +30 so to get the max +35, you need 6 copies of the same weapon.

Extra exp past the cap are still worth it specially if you don't have level 80 yet, getting it unlock requires you to get class cube 21 times meaning you have to level past 75 that much assuming you don't have 80 unlocked yet.

The reason your story mode is gone is because you picked Episode 4 when you logged in, at the character select, you can pick episode 1-3 and you will get your story quest back and matterboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    I dont even have an option for Story Quests at the counter. Its like they disappeared.
    If you're trying to do the new story mode, you will need to talk to Xiera, the NPC in the bridge, which is located on the second level of the gate area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    What are these "collection files" and how do they work? I went to Pudding and picked them up, then I did the rainy forest EQ and it gave me some % progress on them? I just run that quest like 50x and I get a guaranteed 13*?
    Essentially, yes. Increasing your rare drop rate will increase the amount of progress you get. Note that your progress will only count if you complete the mission you're running, and if it involves fighting a boss, breaking the boss crystal. You also won't get the drop when the progress bar reaches 100%; you'll need to fight one more enemy/boss afterwards to get the item.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    As for collection file, each kills raises your % (rare drop affects this) and when it hits 100%, the next kill will get you the drop, do it for all the pieces and you get the 13* you selected, that is the best way to get a 13* aside from exchanging weapon badges.
    The other way to increase the gauge is to fight a different enemy that drops the weapon, which will either increase the gauge, or if the item drops, will complete the gauge without having to get it to 100% first. For example, normally you'd need to fight a bunch of Fang Banthers to get a Cornelia for the Fornis Ratioed CF. If you fight a Malmoth instead, the gauge will increase when you defeat it, or complete if the item drops. The exception is if the requirements in the drop info are for a specific area.

... There's PvP now (Battle Arena) ...

i'am a lil late to your tread but here a bit of extra info not related to your question

current best units are Red Shine(Rear Unit)...passive 110 to all ATK and 90 dex along 3 to all resists...........Izane Arm and Legs(passive 40 atk to all and 2/2/4(Leg Unit Resist) resists and 2/4/2 resist(Arm Unit Resists)...grand total of 190 atk...90 dex.....7% strike resist....8% range resist....8% tech resist...... the only matter is.....that you WILL HAVE TO affix them in order to be better than Ideal Units ...they have an insane base defense of all type 240-250 approx........the Rear is a piece of cake to get...but Izane Arm and leg....good luck

imma combine the 2 latest post bout story mod in easier to read....if you wanna do episode 1-3 story mod its only going to be available at the counter if you logged in selecting episode 1-3.....if you wanna do episode 4 story mod on the other hand you have to select episode 4 upon logging(episode 4 story mod isn't at the counter but on the bridge....the bridge is located in the gate area second floor(between Joseph and Khloto)

question 1:if you got the money to mass affix(7-8 affixes) then phantom god 13 stars weapons are extremely powerfull potential wise.....otherwise you got a fair amount of other nice 13 stars weaps.....the 14 stars are currently a "dream on" drop rate out of about 40000 players only like 8 will get 1(there probably more than 40000 players but just to give ya a rough idea 1 chance on like 5000 kills or worse)

question 2:learn pattern....we can do nothing there to help ya :S...but as ppl suggest above...access the expert block for a much greater success clear rate

question 3: ok so there was a bit of lacking info so imma add my part here....currently max lvl is lvl 80 as ppl said above..so unlock your lvl cap and use the key to get up to 80.....alternatively.....if you got alts of lvl 40-74 they wil lbe happy to get the mass exp from bonus quests.....also I would recommend to stack up your keys b4 use them then use a 100% tri-boost tix + 75% exp boost tix to rack in a maximum exp from just 1 ticket using multi-keys..just be carefull to use your keys b4 they expire.....current exp value wise for key is Gold Tokyo > Emp Rappy,Silver Tokyo and Gold Gatsu(all these 3 are about the same exp) > and the worse of all silver gatsu......lvl 1-19 character use 15k exp tix to get them up to lvl 20.....lvl 20-39 characters Kressida CO are real neat for exp(only problem is that you have to unlock all areas to get those co unlock)..these co goes from 27k to 40k exp...at lvl 20 its a full gain of that exp...the exp is reduced for characters lvl 19 and lower...so do not use Kressida co for lvl 19 or lower......Kressida co are the only one that do not get exp nerf under 40..so ya....make good use of those for low lvl chars(20-39)

Edit:fixed some typos and forgotten details :P
    Last edited by blood13666; Jun 20, 2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blood13666 View Post
    i'am a lil late to your tread but here a bit of extra info not related to your question

current best units are Red Shine(Rear Unit)...passive 110 to all ATK and 90 dex along 3 to all resists...........Izane Arm and Legs(passive 40 atk to all and 2/2/4(Leg Unit Resist) resists and 2/4/2 resist(Arm Unit Resists)...grand total of 190 atk...90 dex.....7% strike resist....8% range resist....8% tech resist...... the only matter is.....that you WILL HAVE TO affix them in order to be better than Ideal Units ...they have an insane base defense of all type 240-250 approx........the Rear is a piece of cake to get...but Izane Arm and leg....good luck
    Rear / Shine Red: 80 all Atk/dex, 3% S/R/T res
    Arm / Thunder Izaneshiki: 20 all Atk/dex, 4% S/R/T res
    Leg/Thunder Izanetsuchi: 20 all Atk/dex, 4% S/R/T res

Who cares about the base defense(240-250), nobody is going to use it ungrinded, right? You should say the they have high defense such as 360-330.