Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default main class and sub class questions.

so i finaly opened up my subclass today i was force level 26 i wanted to be able to use double sabers and from what i read had i choosen fighter as sub class i couldnt use the double sabers so i decided to go fighter as main class and i put my level 26 force as my sub class. was this a good idea do fighter/force play well at all for end game? and how should i go about raising my mag now that fighter is my main class? iv read i can open even more classes at some point but idk what those classes are and if that is going to help me at all or when i even open those classes.

hybrid classes don't work in this game outside of niche uses, you basically won't be able to use offensive techs and melee in same quest without being a dead weight in later difficulties, Fi was ok in the past as a sub for Fo but only because of Brave Stance, nothing else
    you can also switch (sub)classes whenever outside a quest zone
    the only good way to raise a mag is picking one of the ATK, anything else is a waste as of today, you get 3 free char slots, so it's easy to make chars with a different ATK type for all types of ATK
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

If you want to play Fighter youll want another SATK class as sub. The (main) purpose of a subclass is to provide the skill tree and youll want a subclass that can benefit you. Probably the best option is Hu sub because you can use the many useful skills from there such as Fury Stance and Iron Will.

As for your mag, only feed it (orange) weapons of SATK to max 1 stat, anything else is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    hybrid classes don't work in this game outside of niche uses, you basically won't be able to use offensive techs and melee in same quest without being a dead weight in later difficulties, Fi was ok in the past as a sub for Fo but only because of Brave Stance, nothing else
    you can also switch (sub)classes whenever outside a quest zone
    the only good way to raise a mag is picking one of the ATK, anything else is a waste as of today, you get 3 free char slots, so it's easy to make chars with a different ATK type for all types of ATK
    hey now

FoFi is still amazing.

Slayer, Chase, TAJA, Stance Dance. All really good for Fo still.

Especially now that rings are a thing so FoFi has access to PPC. It also has access to Aura Rod which is totes useful when you need regen but need to keep up the DPS.

Hu/Fo god class combo, try it.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    as someone who's actually spent time on this build for 1-2 weeks.

i hope no one ever listens to this advice lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    you spell it wrong not HuFo it is HeRo

thanks for the replies but im having a ton of fun as a fighter force i think im gona stick with it cfor my first toon if end game plays out to bad ill make a new charecter but hybrid classes was always the reason i loved the original pso fighting force anyone? lmao and to be honest i dont plan on taking this games end game nearly as serious as i would other mmos such as wow pso was always just a fun grind game to me nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsway View Post
    thanks for the replies but im having a ton of fun as a fighter force i think im gona stick with it cfor my first toon if end game plays out to bad ill make a new charecter but hybrid classes was always the reason i loved the original pso fighting force anyone? lmao and to be honest i dont plan on taking this games end game nearly as serious as i would other mmos such as wow pso was always just a fun grind game to me nothing serious.
    If you do feel like going with that combo, I might suggest going Fi/Su instead; if you ignore all of the Pet-only skills, Summoner will give you better bonuses that will also effect Double Saber along with letting you use Techs.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 20, 2017 at 08:51 AM.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

You could in theory use a double-saber as a Force, but I think you'd need to get one that either has Force listed as one of the allowed classes on the weapon, or you'd have to stick it in your Item Creation thingymadobber to remove the class restriction on it (or add Force.) I don't know how hard that is to do, or how feasible it'd still be, but... I mean, it IS an option.

Just don't expect to be running around with a 13* doublesaber as a Force since I think only old-type weapons can be tweaked like that, and I think only up to 12*.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!