Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Skia Blade and Coat Doublis can be used on Fo/Fi but the only reason you want to use either of them (Mainly skia) is because its a nice way of getting a lot of PP back point blank and and you can cast from the subpalette.

Its a backup weapon though,wouldnt main it.
    Spoiler!

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Fi/fo is ass. You'll regret it the moment you go into super hard.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsway View Post
    my first toon
    Wrong game dude.

https://youtu.be/BsfIClAMxYo

just felt like putting this here for reasons, fi/fo much like alot of other niche builds can be good, key is are you willing to put in the EXTRA TIME and/or EFFORT to make it as great as the other meta builds
    Last edited by Pyrei; Jun 20, 2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrei View Post

just felt like putting this here for reasons, fi/fo much like alot of other niche builds can be good, key is are you willing to put in the EXTRA TIME and/or EFFORT to make it as great as the other meta builds
    I mean

yeah

sorta

as one of the more notable players of off-meta you're not wrong, but that logic only applies to certain off-meta builds because they have the raw capabilities before gimmicks and player skill become a factor.

there is a difference between viable and semi-viable.

no amount of extra effort and time can push certain niche builds beyond semi-viable. and even more depressingly, no amount of extra effort and time can push certain niche builds to the level of meta builds. at its core, pso2 is an rpg and that means numbers is a huge factor in things.

im not gonna go into detail about that FiFo build, but the problem i have with you posting it is that you're showing off a player playing this build but to a good majority of people, they wont understand the problems with this build and why it's something that wouldnt find itself being pushed past the realm of semi-viability. (on top of that, that player wasnt even that great and the video is kinda old so the problems are even more exasperated relative to today's PSO2)

it's not a bad build or anything but it's not a good supporting arguement for the idea of "any niche build can be good if you put extra work/time into it" just because it has some glaring problems that cant be circumvented with effort and time.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Jun 20, 2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrei View Post

that is really awful dmg...

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    yeah it does less than 1/5th of my FoFi's damage.

it's a really bad arguing point for his general argument.

Not sure if TC is baiting responses.

was this a good idea do fighter/force play well at all for end game?
    And then:
    thanks for the replies but im having a ton of fun as a fighter force i think im gona stick with it cfor my first toon if end game plays out to bad ill make a new charecter but hybrid classes was always the reason i loved the original pso fighting force anyone? lmao and to be honest i dont plan on taking this games end game nearly as serious as i would other mmos such as wow pso was always just a fun grind game to me nothing serious.
    Like, why bother asking the first question if you're already having fun and planning on using it anyway? And why ask about endgame if you aren't going to take it seriously?

if you want to play that class combo that's up to you....but I believe you will get wreck quite hardcore the day you try to get access to expert block...I know you said you don't care much bout seriousness but I think you might wanna reconsider when you will be up to the extra hard difficulty for EQ...non-expert block tend to fail the bosses//waves eq a lot

expert blocks are pretty much blocks reserve to great and epic players.....and uhh...some ppl that did "pay to win" aka cheat success by purchasing scape dolls...great players would be those that clear heaven and hell XQ while struggling....while epic players would be those that clear the place as if it was a breeze to them...with the build you went you might as well be an epic player to try it with these class combo

......bit unrelated next but....i'am actually surprised at the quantity of players that has access to the expert blocks...like 80-85% of the players...if we were on World of Warcraft game it would be like the top 5% of the players only that does the top difficulty raids(comparing those to h&h) XD......pretty sure a lot of peeps did pay to win to get on those blocks if u were to ask me about it :S....but ya know wut......maybe its just Jap ppl that are rly good compared to americans XD..or maybe i'am just insane and its entirely irrevelant

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    to be fair it is awful dmg, but still its not bad how guy was able to put it to use for him, when I saw the vid long time ago I was like huh this could be fun to play as for a few hours (not that id lv from 75 > 80 as fi/fo) but really when I see vids like that of ppl just about going all out using niche classes I think its pretty neat.