Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Metashift Timeline?

I played since Open Beta and the game has come a long way since then, I always wanted to make a list on how the meta shifted but I have lapses in my memory so I would appreciate if you guys can fill in the gap for me.

Sonic Arrow - Lack of PA back then and this was a staple of Hunter PA.
    Zonde - Pretty much OP from before as it can easily hit weak spot and is spammable.
    Deadly Archer - Back then a lot of people run this build, fast dps but hard to aim.
    Overend - Tons of Over end hunters before, clunky to use as it was not cancellable back then.
    Elder Rebellion - God I hate the time when everyone is a GU spamming this PA.
    Namegid - Was the most damaging skill back then, when you see the runes being casted on Elder Arms.
    Shunka - It was when Braver was released and everyone was spamming this PA
    Satellite Aim - God that beeping targeting noise. It made Assault rifle meta for once.
    SRoll + Guld Milla - High damage and almost immortal status with Gu/Hu
    Ilmegid - Fo rose to top tier status with this technique but made it horrible for tower defense.
    Vol Graptor/Chain Finish - Really broken combination that got a few people banned for abusing.
    Current Meta - Marron/Chain Finish.

I might have lapses on some of the chronological order, I know Rafoie, Bloody Saransomething, Backhand Smash, etc fits somewhere there.

Kindly complete the list, really curious how the flavor of the month changes back then.
    Last edited by AirinMikune; Jun 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Zonde was OP because if you jump Zonde it, monster hit boxes gives it a higher multiplier for reasons I now forgot.

Yeah it was somewhere along that line, everyone was FO back then with Lightning PP save, I think it was back in Episode one?

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Sonic Arrow - I remember that specifically.
    Zonde - You mean in general? As I remember using cards and just spamming Gizonde which tagged everything which used to die in 1 or 2 hits because of it.
    Deadly Arrow - Don't remember that one. I remember Deadly Archer though.
    Overend - Yeah....
    Elder Rebellion - I was one of them. You forgot Infinite Fire too though until they killed that... now people are back to Infinite Fire with the custom crafting.
    Shunka - Yup...
    Ilmedid - Yeah...
    Vol Graptor/Chain Finish - Never heard of this one. Surprised people got banned for it when it's not their fault they noticed a loophole... then... Sega.
    Current Meta - Marron/Chain Finish. I remember seeing this one during one of the LQs a few months ago and never realized how spammable Maron was. Can see why Sega is nerfing it now.

Wasn't the Zonde thing because the tech would hit every hitbox it came in contact with, as opposed to stopping after the first one?

Also, wasn't there a time when Na Megid was the meta? I remember running countless Chrome Dragon EQs trying to find the elusive Haze on the off chance the RNG would drop a level 16 disc.

Not sure how the Zonde thing works, I just know it was very efficient at that time because of PP save and something about the hit box.

Nice catch on the Na Megid, remembered that one. Na type disk use to be sold for expensive amount of meseta.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

zonde didnt come into the spotlight until VH gave out the overpowered level 11 version. also it's old hit detection made it useless against big vardha

Remember when "playing GU" meant "S Roll JA Bonus"? Ahh, fun times.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ah, yes.

Definitely remember when TD1 was the big thing, and SRoll GuHu with unnerfed Guld Milla was king along with Susano Guren Shunka spamming BrHu's.

Edit:

Also, back in the day, when spamming AQs was relevant for stones, running with SRoll GuHu was quite a thing; I think this was after quite some time into the future already (can't remember exactly when; too long ago), because before, everyone would be pissed at Gunner for launching enemies into the air with PAs like Elder Rebellion.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Jun 21, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

Adding SRoll Gu/Hu + Guld, how can I forget that one when I used it for quite a while and that susano, I remember people farming quartz for it.