Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Online 2 × Monster Hunter Frontier Collab in the works

MHF is having its 10th anniversary soon. After the interview with Sakai, MHF's producer, Miyashita, requested a collaboration with PSO2 and Sakai promptly accepted. When the collab is going to happen hasn't been set yet, but it's definitely happening.

woah, Im excited for this, gonna spend a lot just to get all of the costumes if this is true

Could anyone fill me in on what this could realistically mean? Imagining rathalos, nibelsnarf and zinogre in the game with paleco mags.
    Last edited by MidiPour; Jun 23, 2017 at 03:23 AM.

PSO2 -- MidiPour Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by MidiPour View Post
    Could anyone fill me in on what this could realistically mean? Imagining rathalos, nibelsnarf and zinogre in the gamem with paleco mags.
    Maybe some MHF armor as cosmetics, possibly a Tonfa weapon camo if we get lucky. The last major scale collab was with FFXIV, which added a permanent boss (Odin), but the PSO2 team said that the FFXIV collab was really difficult and such a collab wouldn't happen again for quite a while, so.

For the record, it's also very rare for the game it's collaborating with to ever get anything in return. The only games that ever featured PSO2 stuff that I can recall are Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F, Sonic Runners, and Gravity Rush 2, and the former two are SEGA properties.
    Last edited by Altiea; Jun 23, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Meh.
    Played a demo of a MH game once. Was way too slow for me. Didn't like the designs much, then found out there's no actual leveling/exp system. Just you get better gear and that's about it.

If any cool accessories come out of it, then cool. Might get a few. IF not, just another collab I don't care for once again.

they keep announcing new collabo but where are those weaponoid costume

Another pointless collab, WHERE IS MY BATMAN COLLAB!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by MidiPour View Post
    Could anyone fill me in on what this could realistically mean? Imagining rathalos, nibelsnarf and zinogre in the gamem with paleco mags.
    Well, considering how the FFXIV collab went, it could potentially be big. Though if a monster were to be recreated in PSO2, it'd have to be the flagship Rathalos, and maybe Rathian. I could die happy if we got the female Kirin armor set as an outfit.

As awesome as this is, I would only expect Rathalos gear and/or the early "Hunter" set, since those are the two that are always used for collaborations in other games.
    Considering how difficult it was for Sega to animate/code Odin into PSO2, I have my doubts about any of MH's creatures showing up (would be really cool though).

As easily as a Tonfa camo for knuckles would work, I don't think its got a very good chance either. They were only in one game (despite said game being an on-going MMO'ish Monster Hunter) and were rarely, if ever in any of the promotional art for said game. I'd expect some form of Bone Blade / Wyvern's Jaw for a Sword camo. I'd also argue that we already have Tonfa's for a knuckle camo, but for years now Sega has demonstrated that re-releasing cosmetics in a different color / lewder version is their bread & butter.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    The last major scale collab was with FFXIV, which added a permanent boss (Odin), but the PSO2 team said that the FFXIV collab was really difficult and such a collab wouldn't happen again for quite a while, so.
    I would think a year is "quite a while". And considering that MHF will be hitting its 10th year and PSO2 its 5th, I feel like we can expect something good. But honestly, we can speculate all we want right now, but the fact is that the collaboration has only just been greenlit. We won't know anything else until they actually get started on production.