Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah sorry, I guess im more geared to help people make the most of the playstyles they prefer.

Currently Compound Techs are super strong so Force is all about using them as often as possible, so them giving it a hard cooldown is a pretty big nerf in that sense.
    We will see how much the buffs to regular techs will go towards compensating for that, but it will still more than likely be a net loss in dps for most scenarios.

oh right whoops didnt read the first post my bad

surprised no one mentioned ra/hu yet
    to me fi/hu, ra/hu and fo/te have been at the top of their respective atk types/colors for a looong time now, i consider them to be "top 3"

i feel like ra/hu utilizes the massive/auto combo the best out of any classes since its long pa's almost guarantee some form of punishment
    the pa's that ra/hu's massive lets you keep are more expensive, damaging and longer charging than pa's of other classes using the massive/auto combo
    now that izane units have stabilized fi/hu's lb+massive/auto, id say they are tied for making the most out of that combo, but then again fi/hu is at the top of anyones list these days anyways

ra/hu is also relatively safe from the incoming nerfs if you dont consider quests with 250% wb to be that hard to begin with. i guess lv80 shaq infected bosses will be a bigger pain, but for most multi-player content ra/hu will be stronger if anything due to wb jamming removal and random pa buffs

i wonder if the wb crosshair is blue from the 120% damage or the jamming? since its both now
    red: 250% and makes anything underneath it a weakspot
    blue: 120% and jammed(does not make the underlying part a weakspot(unless native weakspot already) for weak skills)
    meaning if its from the damage then the new wb will be blue, but if its from the jamming effect then all wb will be red after ep5 hits

blue is from the jamming; it will always be red now

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Br/Hu has always been strong, just nothing crazy like Fi/Hu. Guren made it much faster, and Sakura Endo-0 gave it a good boss killing pp burst move, or a better rotation with Gekka. It still shines as a hybrid class too if you go that route.

Definitely looking forward to Gu/Hu, if I ever get on again.
    Before guren it was trashy. Mediocre damage and lack of a decent gap closer (Asagiri is crap but hopefully the buff will fix this) meant that Katana was perpetually late for the party and Sakura Endo base needs a charge first thing which occasionally is too slow to hit.

FoTe is strong and will remain strong in ep 5. Even without compound techs, a good Force can dish out some serious damage with normal techniques, which are getting a buff.
    The compound tech cooldown is a complication, but assuming different cooldowns for each compound tech (or do they share? Someone elaborate) you can easily switch between formelgion and barantsion - and thanks to the skill tree changes, now they will be both good!

RaHu is fine but it's not top tier. It's more of a support class. It can also dish out serious damage, but Fighter, Force and Gunner will outdamage it. Braver, too. EDIT: Forgot Summoner too, though I wonder how will it be in ep 5. Either way, Ra deals less damage by itself than all other classes except Te (pure support), Bo (garbage tier at the moment, can be made to work but requires massive investment) and Hu (meme class for people who think this game can have tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Before guren it was trashy. Mediocre damage and lack of a decent gap closer (Asagiri is crap but hopefully the buff will fix this) meant that Katana was perpetually late for the party and Sakura Endo base needs a charge first thing which occasionally is too slow to hit.
    Someone doesn't remember shunka dunka.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Jun 30, 2017 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Someone doesn't remember shunka dunka.
    yea but between the shunka nerf (end ep2) and Guren (Kuronia), if i remember correctly around one year passed!
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

The compound tech cooldown is a complication, but assuming different cooldowns for each compound tech (or do they share? Someone elaborate) you can easily switch between formelgion and barantsion - and thanks to the skill tree changes, now they will be both good!
    Compounds share the same cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    yea but between the shunka nerf (end ep2) and Guren (Kuronia), if i remember correctly around one year passed!
    Hatou was always there, same for tsukimi-gekka combos (though that's for bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Compounds share the same cooldown.
    Well isn't that a shame. Hopefully the tech buff will compensate. BTW got a source on that?
    Last edited by TehCubey; Jun 30, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

Well isn't that a shame. Hopefully the tech buff will compensate. BTW got a source on that?
    That is currently how Compound Techs work (I play Techer and Force) in the sense that they fill up all together and all empty out when one is used; the only change they mentioned is that there is now a hard 2 minute cooldown, and I don't see why they would change the fact that Compounds share the same fill-up/cooldown, especially if they are trying to lower the use of Compound Techs in a short amount of time.
    In a scenario where they all have a separate cooldown, you would basically see people just chaining them back to back for a pretty big burst of damage in 10~15 seconds.