Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Nononononononononononononononono! I dun wanna play with those XH block peasants! They always ruinning my MPA! Let the weak be with the weak!
    Read between the lines on this, and it's Sega admitting there might be a population dropoff problem.

At first I was thinking of the buster quest as a replacement for a free field, but it makes a lot more sense to think of it as an EQ that is just always available. I'm not a fan of the mining base missions at all, but I can see this and cross-block matching leading to good things in the future.

Hopefully cross block matching means you can actually get a party for ultimate amduscia or riding quests without waiting hours

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    Read between the lines on this, and it's Sega admitting there might be a population dropoff problem.
    Or....

It could be because they realized that block camping is a bit of a problem that hurts casuals more than helps because it routes people into working their schedule around the game and makes it more of a chore to play through content which ruins the fun factor and makes it more likely to give up. A lot of people dont like how EQs are time gated and having to camp blocks just to get a decent MPA is a huge pita for many.

It also helps multi-shippers who can end up coming to a 2ndary ship too late and get stuck with an awful party.

with block matching, more people who dont have as much time to waste can get full MPAs and greater chances for quality runs.

Not sure why people want to jump straight to "lol pso2 is dying" :thonk:

In general the mad rush of a 30 minute window to start the best quests in the game ruins most of their fun. Especially since that limited time (and no banhammer) means you cannot really choose your mpa and can easily be stuck with leechers (I keep running into them in exp blocks, yesterday someone actually said "carry me XD".
    If there is no need for a mad rush and if you don't have to worry one bad mpa will ruin your drops for the day it will be a lot more relaxed.

Anyway, buster Quests sound fun, but long. And considering ship 2's terribad track record with TDs among randoms and many so called "Pro" teams, I doubt after the initial rush when you can easily find good players in random mpas it will be the same as with any TD that isn't 1, mediocre results if lucky, crap results or actual failure if not.

What I want to know is- can we lock MPA and do friends/team-only busters?

Is this all we know so far?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

To say Expert blocks is better a bit bias I'd say. I've seen good/bad MPA in both respectively. This includes seeing leechers.

Expert block doesn't automatically mean you're better
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Mostly it does. I have some friends that are good players but haven't gotten lvl 80 yet and are stuck in XH and as mentioned before I keep running into leechers in expert blocks.
    But the majority of players will be better in expert blocks than in XH It is a huge difference because even though I see them occasionally, I still see FAR fewer leechers than before expert blocks were introduced. And most of them at least have semi-usable units (unchanged ideal set ho). If you call them out some may even switch to better weapons.

On the other hand before expert blocks I kept running into B1 people with unground 2* units and unground 8* weapons.

I have to say though, for some EQs the difference between XH and expert blocks isn't much. I did a few Rainy Season EQ run in XH blocks and got 3 runs, just like in expert blocks.

TBH 3-4 is best anyway, any faster and each run will be a mad ash to clear codes and the instant I stop to kill an enemy I will zone and miss drops out because some rushers are already killing bosses far ahead.
    That defeats the purpose. Not just less drops per run but far more importantly, the point of playing is fun and it is no fun whatsoever to only run after rushers and not even be able stay to kill any mobs and rarely getting more than 1 or 2 hits in on a boss before it dies it just stupid. No idea what these people even play the EQ for because they skip most bosses crystals. Maybe they waste the entire EQ just for the tiny chance of an Izane or Emper Rappy at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    . Maybe they waste the entire EQ just for the tiny chance of an Izane or Emper Rappy at the end.
    yes it worth when you got more than 10 thousand excube nothing in rain matter except those two

lol
    But still, that is infuriating because they ruin the fun for everyone else. That's even worse than leechers cause leechers are not nearly as disruptive.