Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you rather have Sega keep on introducing more mechanics or enhance the old one

It's kinda sad that Sega's cycle of new content is about 2 months waiting in hype, about 2 weeks people playing the new content then ghost town.

We have advanced quest, only updated once, still SH, stones have no good use.
    Extreme Quest which got a few floors but that's about it
    Time Attack...this gets really boring really fast, people just spam Shironia and get it done.
    Ultimate Quest, really popular when Ares was the first 13* but then no one plays it anymore.
    Challenge Quest, haven't even tried this one.
    PVP, still strong due to the rewards.
    Crafting, when is the last time this was updated?
    Extending, didn't even bother to upgrade to be relevant
    Gathering, was a really good addition but they stopped adding rings.

That is a lot of content Sega could had been improving upon. I wish they would cycle different quest to received an EXP Boost/Drop rate a day so all of them can be played.

Would player be happy if Sega bring it back to basic or new content is always the way to go?

Fix Ultimate Quest and make more Challenge Quest. Advance Quest actually reaches XH once enemies reach lv 71+. It just doesn't say XH.

PVP was what most of us expected from a PSO game. Will you can always get a match if you aren't a sinner but there is still only maybe a max of 150 players playing it during up hours. Which isn't that much when you factor in 10 ships have access to it.

Not really interested in crafting besides timed abilities. Never enjoyed Gathering.

----

Ultimate Quest should have been a new difficultly, and everything should of got an Ultimate version. Remember the first PSO? How 90% of the enemies were altered, had a huge stat/speed boost and different weaknesses? I want to be able to pick a quest... lets me think of some as an example. I want to be able to play Mining Base Despair/Demise and pick Ultimate difficulty. I want to be able to play Dark Falz Elder and pick Ultimate. etc I didn't want it limited to just 3 quest that no one is going to play.

More Challenge Quest would be preferred over PVP imo. I want something like Challenge Quest 1 that made a player think a little bit on what weapons to take and how to do things, but I would like it to have the diversity of Challenge Quest 2 where each weapon type has a purpose and isn't limited to "Buy wand here, buy launcher/partizan here, buy Twin Daggers here."

They need to design some actual god damn quests. The game is around 40 GBs in size, yet there's barely any content worth running. All regularily accessible content is procedurally-generated, all fun content depends on 11 other people, the most interesting content is time-gated. They made a single Train Ghidoran Suppression Arks Quest that's fun to run over and over, because it has a basic level of challenge and guaranteed enemy spawns. Why can't we have more quests like that for all the areas? Why can't we have proper rewards for these quests (like, stones for actually decent weapons or, you know, actual meseta rewards)?
    A lot of enemies and areas seem wasted, Ultimate especially so. They should've been treated like all other areas - with proper single-party quests and isolated boss fights.
    They really could reuse lots of old stuff in a fun and/or creative way to create new experiences. All the necessary assets are already in the game, they're just being wasted.

Extreme Quests are only fun because they provide fixed challenges (or, at least, used to). The actual original part about them, which is floor gimmick (with unnecessary running and load times), stage orders and weapon weaknesses/resistances are nuisances more than anything. Most of those of Time Attack quests that are covered by Klotho money are, again, filled with annoyances. Having to do them every week to have a single stable source of money in this game is tiring. The more recent ones are fun, but there's no incentive to do them whatsoever. The idea could easily be dropped in favor of properly designed Arks Quests with time-based ranking.

Challenge Quests are great, but they need saving. Once again, it's 12-player content, so it has to be regulated by boost events to stay relevant. There are no relevant rewards. The miles grind for current rewards is unreal.

Crafting and gathering suck, period. Equipment crafting is just making them have predetermined stats, which is the laziest excuse of a system ever. Tech crafting is an RNG mess. PA crafting is glorified balance changes. Timed abilities... just who the fuck came up with an idea that obscure? Gathering is a failed attempt at a cash grab. Convoluted, boring, repetitive. The reward is not a justification for its existence.

The problem of content not worth running lies in the constant perpetuation of an idea that everything new has to be limited-time, 12-player and/or gated in some form or another, and if it's not it's either unrewarding or unfun. What has to change is the directors' mindset about what constitutes as a fun experience.

Aside from abandoned mechanics, the entire feature of Fields in itself is deprecated.

People visibly disliked random maps with codes that don't require immediate killing, so any trace of this mechanic, etrials, weather, was completely wiped out. Its been two years since every new quest in the game has premade or very narrow structure. Only tokyo had a semblance of a field. Story was streamlined the hell out of fields, Vegas has six map variations, and ultimate amduscia is just a track.
    I guess it is what everyone wanted, less gameplay and less distraction between player and a prize.
    No updates on existing quests either, the only major tweaks recently were with AQ at level extension and anime characters etrials.

And now, we have a statement that entire upcoming episode will not have new fields.
    Its kind of funny, the game flow defining thing that attracted me to pso2 in the first place, was alienated as a nuisance in a grinding routine.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

murdertrains were mindless fun for a while; but over time I gotta admit I prefer the seasonal quest race tracks more.

free fields just gotta get rebranded as gathering quests at this point.
    not a fan of gathering personally, just another thing that isnt fighting stuff that we have to juggle.
    I would not mind crafting if I didn't need to leave the block to do anything related to it; or at least if I could disassemble items in the recycle shop or something. it's really the whole "you have to leave the block to do this stuff" thing that gets me.

Train Ghidoran Suppression, as mentioned, was a really well designed quest; it's a complete shame they didn't make one for Vegas.

I would like better sources for Flict, Alter, Modulator, and Returner. take a look at Doom Break: they added it to laplace's Demon's drops but it hardly did anything to my supply of them, since it required running free tokyo and vegas to encounter him. but adding him to the Seasonal EQ has me swimming in more doom breaks than I knew what to do with (until I realized I could just combine them with Mutation II units for some cheap yet effective affixing fodder)

anyway. I would like them to enhance some older things; AQs are actually kind of in the best possible place I could think of for them, it's just I wish there was more I could do with these rocks than get those 6-slot weapons for affixing.
    the classic XQs are in a dire need of a rework; the solo XQs almost kinda work but solo content sucks when your first non-halfdoll death means you just completely wasted your time. if anything, I at least wish I could exchange rocks/ore/spellstones for 4-5 slot flict/alter units instead of that pitiful 2-slot for 50 ore...
    Time Attacks, Abductions, and Clones are also in a really bad place. modulator and returner could use something a little more reliable.

there's more I could write but I dont think it's anything that hasn't been echoed in here already
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jul 3, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

I agreed to all your points especially the field exploration one. They use to be relevant with MPA looking for a crystal then PSO Burst, best way to level back then.

Now I only do it for feature quest and god forbid I always get the longest field with the weird exit point generated for me.

I think one of the field done right is Kuron and Shironia, 1 field no fuss, straight to boss quest. One of the worse is caves with that stupid wall blocking EQ, I really hated that.

I am really glad they will be putting a separate storage for materials, like who would had thought having about a hundred gathered items hogging up storage space was a good idea?

I would also want to do something with the old updated weapons, we have tons of weapon but only like the top 0.1% useful, crafting should had fixed this, unique potential as well but that's about it.

There needs to be more focus on older content yes.I've always thought of PSO 2 updates as piling on new stuff on a flimsy base.Without EQ's or dailies this game has very little to offer imo.

Seeing as how we're at the halfway point with episode 5 I think it's now or never if Sega wants to change things up,I doubt they ever will though.

I wish they would streamline alot of the existing content, especially arks quests, free fields, and making better use of featured quests/daily orders (having featured areas instead of 2 of the 3 featured quests being random, having the quests being featured and the available daily orders matching the featured area for the day), while of course adding XH to older areas, which is long overdue.

Spoiler-boxing a few random ideas that will never happen, just me rambling about stuff that I would like to happen I guess.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jul 3, 2017 at 09:20 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

My suggestions:

Spoiler!

why not both? ...
    well, I guess pso2 cycle already happen before in the past and since everyone get along with it, it will continue on. remember how grace full when austere 1st come, everyone grinding for it items requirements, now? sega slam CF on those player face. then sega "force" people to burn Meseta and grider for 13* to +35, and then slam them with 14* .... and so on ... it feel like, sega seems not going to ... or never going to ... introduce end-game on PSO2 at all