Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Any suggestions for a starter charcter?

So right now im installing PSO2, and i figured id ask, whats a good starter character for a beginner? I was thinking about a deuman, because of their damage boost, but honestly dont know for sure. Just figured id ask for suggestions.

Go CAST or go home.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedShardy View Post
    So right now im installing PSO2, and i figured id ask, whats a good starter character for a beginner? I was thinking about a deuman, because of their damage boost, but honestly dont know for sure. Just figured id ask for suggestions.
    Deumen are good, but their low HP and defense can actually make life a bit rough while learning the game. It's not something you can't get used to though. I say pick whichever has the features you want and go from there. For example, I play a caseal because I can go robutt or moeblob whenever I want.

Sometimes I curse myself for not having gone CAST. (Is a female human).

You have 3 character slots, so Newman, Dewman and CAST.

Character stats derived from race/gender do not matter. There are differences but overall they're insignificant. Build, mag, and affixes are all 10 times more important each, if not more.

So the good news is - pick whatever you like best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Deumen are good, but their low HP and defense can actually make life a bit rough while learning the game. It's not something you can't get used to though.
    Not really. With the sub units you get from the very early story quest, everything on N and H difficulties deals pathetic damage. Single digit for everything except bosses.

Well, that was the case in ep 2. Now it's a lot easier. Female dewmans, however, are the cutest.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Character stats derived from race/gender do not matter. There are differences but overall they're insignificant. Build, mag, and affixes are all 10 times more important each, if not more.
    Biggest difference is 87 T-Atk with Fo/Te. Newman♀ has the highest T-Atk and Cast♀ the lowest, with Team tree/Shifta Advance(5 point)/Shifta Drink EX it's 141 T-Atk difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Biggest difference is 87 T-Atk with Fo/Te. Newman♀ has the highest T-Atk and Cast♀ the lowest, with Team tree/Shifta Advance(5 point)/Shifta Drink EX it's 141 T-Atk difference.
    Which equals about 3% damage difference at level 80 - just saying so OP knows what the scale is.

umm, what does robutt and moeblob mean?