Default EP1 Matter Board 3 A-1 is annoying me! Any suggestions?

I been running through Tundra Exploration 5 times today on hard and killed tons of Malmoths but they have yet to drop the item I need to complete the matter board objective. What is the drop rate for this weapon? Are there any arks quest thats quick and easy where I can encounter tons of these Malmoths?

If I recall, you can find a large number of Malmoths in Naberius Marathon Training Advanced (formerly Nab TA I), though it depends on the route you end up taking.
    There are for sure 4 Malmoths in Nab Marathon Training Beginner (formerly Nab TA II), and getting to them usually just takes about a minute or two.
    As for ARKS Quests, Subdue Del Malmoth seems to have a decent spawn rate for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If I recall, you can find a large number of Malmoths in Naberius Marathon Training Advanced (formerly Nab TA I), though it depends on the route you end up taking.
    There are for sure 4 Malmoths in Nab Marathon Training Beginner (formerly Nab TA II), and getting to them usually just takes about a minute or two.
    As for ARKS Quests, Subdue Del Malmoth seems to have a decent spawn rate for them.
    Thanks I'll give it a shot before I go in to work tomorrow (or after)!

Uh, just check the enemies shown at the quest counter. Subdue De Malmoth is chock full of them.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Are you sure you're hunting the right level of Malmoths, and are you sure it's not a De Malmoth as opposed to a Malmoth?
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Matterboard 1-3 A-1 requires level 21 Malmoths (NOT De Malmoths).

IIRC, a progress bar appears on the Matterboard node when you defeat the required enemy. When that progress bar fills completely, the time you defeat the required enemy, the drop is guaranteed. Or, did I dream that up? It's been a while since I did any Matterboard work.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

No you didn't dream that, i remember that annoying progress bar !
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Yeah, that still works like that. Which is why I was making sure he was both hunting the right thing as well as the right level.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Uh, just check the enemies shown at the quest counter. Subdue De Malmoth is chock full of them.
    Wow I must be stupid cause I didn't even see that quest on the list. Also, I think it might have been the problem but I forgot the make the matter board active <.<

Yes, make it active, kill a fuckload of those assholes, make sure you complete the quest or else the progress bar won't actually move, and then go back in to do the quest again so the item actually drops. SEGA.