Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    People, myself included, told you to use HU sub. Why should we try to help if you're not going to listen?
    I mean, you don't have to be rude about it.

I think what he's getting at is that he wants a Sub that is functionally fluid like Boots is. Of course, HU sub is basically the only good option for BO, so the only other option is to adapt to other playstyles. If you want that 80/80, you can't play Boots forever.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Yes, every class has a different playstyle (with some exceptions, like FO and non-wand TE). You shouldn't pick a sub judging by what plays similar to the main because that's not what a subclass is for, it's there to further enhance you with its skills, bonuses and whatnot.

Once upon a time, Fi/Bo was a class combination that was pretty fun and actually did pretty well at the time. One way involved using ズィレンハイト Jet Boots (which back then was the strongest Fi equipable Jet Boots you could use).

Can you still play it today? Yes, you technically still can play it today (although you'd be much weaker). Although, I'm not sure about how strong Fi/Bo would be if you used プラシスアリオン (13* PSO2es Jet Boots).

Otherwise, for Bouncer Main + Jet Boots you can play BoHu or BoFi. I'd recommend BoHu though because you get more mileage with it and can also use Dual Blades if you ever felt like it. But if you really want your Techs, you can BoFi.

Tl;dr:
    - Is it possible to play FiBo? Yes.
    - Is it recommended to play FiBo? Not anymore, since it is weaker than main class Bouncer (If using Bouncer weapons).
    - If you play Bouncer main, you should go BoHu or BoFi
    - I recommend BoHu over BoFi for more available options.

People breathe, eat and sleep meta here at PSO-World. So if you don't say something meta, you'll probably be roasted over a fire or be treated rudely. But I usually see the former happen.

The upshot of FI/BO is that you can cut out some Main Class Skills on BO tree to dump into Crit Skills. You also get burst damage on FI through Limit Break and access to Critical Strike, which is +20% damage and +15% damage, respectively. You also get stat ups on the tree to balance out the stat difference between using higher end Boots and Plasis Arion. Arion also gives you a little extra PP sustain with its +15% PP recovery on hit. Your main stat is additionally T-ATK, which is cheaper to affix for than god-awful S-ATK, and you get extra bonus by way of Techs actually being halfway decent with TAJA, which will push a little extra damage while rotating Vintos.

On the other hand, you're losing out on Gear Boost and Escape, which are both rather important skills if you're running Boots. You also, of course, lose Class Bonus (10%), too. You also don't get access to a lot of the higher end Boots, although the stat difference between Zeinesis and Arion is 110 T-ATK, which is a smaller gap than I expected.

Assuming I'm using this strange damage calc correctly, FI/BO Arion will out-damage BO/HU Zeinesis/Qliphad with Anthesis that has an affix build of 400 S-ATK, assuming the FI/BO is Limit Breaking and has PP, Deadline, and Crazy Beat maxed with Lv. 7 Halfline. However, when you're not Limit Breaking and aren't under the effects of Halfline and Deadline, you... actually match BO/HU Zeinesis/Qliphad w/ Anthesis 400 S-ATK.

... If I'm using the calculator right. I might not be, so take those numbers with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Altiea; Jul 16, 2017 at 01:18 AM.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    ... If I'm using the calculator right. I might not be, so take those numbers with a grain of salt.
    You forgot to add the Class Weapon Bonus all the way at the bottom; here are the corrected ones:
    Limit Break On
    Limit Break Off
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 16, 2017 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You forgot to add the Class Weapon Bonus all the way at the bottom; here are the corrected ones:
    Limit Break On
    Limit Break Off
    That's without affixes on the Arion too. Tack on 150+ T-ATK affix and you've pretty much matched BO/HU Zeinesis even without Limit Break.

Crazy Beat is SATK, won't work on TATK boots but otherwise looks correct. Also Limit Breaking Jet Boots without Iron Will or Jet Boots Escape is kind of suicidal.

Fi/Bo is still playable though, especially for seasonals, non-timed LQs, SHAQs, Yamato and other easy + high exp content.
    Last edited by Selphea; Jul 16, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Crazy Beat is SATK, won't work on TATK boots but otherwise looks correct. Also Limit Breaking Jet Boots without Iron Will or Jet Boots Escape is kind of suicidal.

Fi/Bo is still playable though, especially for seasonals, non-timed LQs, SHAQs, Yamato and other easy + high exp content.
    Just curious, is Chase/Hafline Boost tree viable for FI/BO? I know that you can inflict Mirage at a fairly decent rate with Moment Gale.

To all: 500 base atk, no affix but 400 only on Qliphad and normal attack damage with TAJA.

I hope this is better(80/80 Dewman♀) http://4rt.info/psod/?zJ5le

Just curious, is Chase/Hafline Boost tree viable for FI/BO? I know that you can inflict Mirage at a fairly decent rate with Moment Gale.
    IMO, for mobs it works especially with Ele Burst and Vinto. It's not like Fi/Bo has much else to spend SPs on since Crazy Beat is dead and the Gears are all for SATK weapons. Have to caveat that I really hate playing Fi/Bo regardless and wouldn't have touched it with a 100ft pole if not for level 80 grinding though (1 more level!)