Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Looking to learn the ropes

Hello everyone,

I'm Huck.... Big fan of Phantasy Star since Dreamcast (ran up a 800$ phone bill as a kid connecting to a long distance 56k # smh). I was playing PSP1 yesterday and kept thinking damn I wanna play online. Did some research and now I'm on PSO2 on PS4 for the first time. What a difference a jump button makes lol....

Anyways I would really like to team up with some English speaking/texting players. I just need to learn some things from you guys/gals. My PSN name is huck0928 shoot me a msg or friend request whenever.

I'm a little rusty since my Episode I&II/Universe days but once a Guardian....
    Last edited by huck; Jul 16, 2017 at 06:44 PM.

I'll just say this: when leveling up your character, be careful with two things - your mag, and the skill tree, because mistakes here aren't easy to fix, unlike everything else in the game.

For the mag, you want it to have as much of your class's attack score as possible (s-atk for hunter, etc), and nothing else.

For skill trees, check online and on this forum what builds are good before you start spending SPs.

Everything else can be fixed more or less painlessly if you make a mistake there. When in doubt, consult the guide list on bumped.org.

Most easy way would be joining a team and bombarding them with questions in real time and sticking out with them every now and then. The list of teams is in here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...ory-update-6-4
    There is a lot more actually, but you have to search ingame.
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I'll just say this: when leveling up your character, be careful with two things - your mag, and the skill tree, because mistakes here aren't easy to fix, unlike everything else in the game.

For the mag, you want it to have as much of your class's attack score as possible (s-atk for hunter, etc), and nothing else.

For skill trees, check online and on this forum what builds are good before you start spending SPs.

Everything else can be fixed more or less painlessly if you make a mistake there. When in doubt, consult the guide list on bumped.org.
    they not HARD to fix, its just cost a bit of cash. Arks cash. Real munny. But ya, good reason to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    When in doubt, consult the guide list on bumped.org.

I feel confident in figuring everything out if I could understand the language. Thank you so much for this link. I can't wait to get home to play now. Omg those translations are a god send!

Thank you sir you're a true gentleman and scholar

EDIT:

Looking at the translation I see theres option for a pet. I didn't really know the classes when I created my character so I chose what looked like a standard HUmar from PSO... can they have Pets?
    Last edited by huck; Jul 17, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

My player is is indignation211. I'd be happy to help you out In-game. I'll be on after work.

As for pets those are exclusive to the Summoner class.

OK cool... I have to sit down for like 30 minutes later today and try not get frustrated making a Sega id for my friend (hate that capchta part ugh). Then we'll be online!

EDIT:

One of my favorite features of PS4 is the ability to play your own music. I want do play some Burning Rangers & PSO1 music instead if the PSO2 music. But when I do you can still hear the PSO2 music underneath it for sine reason instead of being replaced altogether. Anyway to mute the game music?
    Last edited by huck; Jul 17, 2017 at 08:04 AM.

Pets are a Summoner thing. You can switch classes at any given moment, but you have only one mag so it's good to decide on one, or at least on classes using one attack type.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

If you have a few points on your mag in a region you don't want, it's not terribly hard to fix, as much as it is tedious to fix. Basically, once your mag gets above level 101, you can "buy" items that lower one stat by one level on it for 50 excubes each. So, a handful of points isn't bad - say, you're an idiot like me and have two mags and accidentally gave your ranged one a high-rank striking weapon. 50 cubes per point, 1 cube per 10 or 11-star weapon, and you can see how it adds up.

As for the captcha thing, try using the Google Translate draw feature. It helped me out a lot better than trying to hunt down, copy, and paste each kana on a chart. I've noticed they tend to spell words out.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    As for the captcha thing, try using the Google Translate draw feature. It helped me out a lot better than trying to hunt down, copy, and paste each kana on a chart. I've noticed they tend to spell words out.

Google translate app on phones? Can you complete the Sega register on mobile?

That does sound easier!

Quote Originally Posted by huck View Post
    Anyway to mute the game music?
    Go to Options.