Default Penalties for quest abandons

So, a lot of time past since Sega announced possibility of account suspension due to abandoning or disconnecting during EQs.
    But did anyone actually yet got a penalty or a warning due to much disconnects?

We have someone on our team who lives in Australia who has a notoriously bad connection and has had problems with disconnects during EQs. His problem was chronic enough that we were concerned for him about it ever since the announcement by Sega was made about their EQ disconnect policy. I don't know if he has had any temporary bans, but he has definitely not been permanently banned, as he was still playing as of last night.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I for one, personally believe that the EQ penalty update was silently removed eventually as the months passed, due to the playerbase's massively negative opinion about it.

(Still, as cautious player, I exercise constant vigilance, you never know when I am actually completely wrong. )