Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool So Overwhelmed: Episode 1 Player, WHERE IS EVERYTHING?

NT Weapons, access to the bridge, there's so many new things I have no idea of! It doesn't help that my max level back in Episode 1 was a 28 Ranger.

I guess I'll just start rapidfiring questions here.

1. Are there any differences in NT weapons over OT aside from how to grind them?
    2. Should I stay in EP1-3 or can I go into EP4 without missing out on crucial story events?
    3. I've only really played Ranger in EP1, and it wasn't really anything complicated. Weak Bullet on a weak point (or an accessible area if weakpoint is ridiculously hard to hit) and stand snipe all day. With subclass, I heard Hunter is the more "consistent" damage option and Braver is the weakpoint-heavy option. Still true?
    4. What are the most popular classes/builds out there for both solo and party play? I still mainly play Solo.

I am 30Ranger and 16Hunter right now. I played around with Braver so it's at 15 atm.

1. NT weapon's max damage will only be there once it hits +35 grind, unlike OT where their max damage would be at +10. NT weapons will come with a +30 grind cap at least, +34 at most, where you will have to break the cap limit by using other same name weapons to grind it.
    2. You can jump into EP4 immediately, and you can view all the EP1-3 cutscenes from your room.
    3. Hunter sub for more "consistent" damage and survivability, Braver sub with weak stance for more damage. Though weak bullet is going to get somewhat nerfed come EP5.
    4. BrHu katana build is like the day in day out class combination you are most likely to find anywhere, anytime. RaBr deals heavy damage, and if you want to try something different, BrRa with bow weak stance is a hard hitter too

All the classes are getting some changes when the EP5 update rolls around in 6 days so...yea.
    Last edited by XykeVayaris; Jul 19, 2017 at 10:44 PM.
    我ら来たれり。ーWe have arrived.ー

I'll team up with you... I'm still learning too
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

The only real reason to play in ep1-3 mode is to see the story. When you not about to play story mission choose ep4 mode. And relogin once you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    The only real reason to play in ep1-3 mode is to see the story.
    Matoi EP3 partner card, Eucreta waifu partner card? Some NPC's (example: Zeno/Patty and Tia) give Lv17 discs and the partner cards are locked to EP1-3 story.

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Matoi EP3 partner card, Eucreta waifu partner card? Some NPC's (example: Zeno/Patty and Tia) give Lv17 discs and the partner cards are locked to EP1-3 story.
    All lv17 PAs are available from the Excube shop, but getting all those Ep.1-3 NPC cards is definitely a good idea since each one can also give you three titles (receive card, partner with 10 times, and partner with 100 times).

Does somebody cares about parner cards? Weird. Friend partners are far better. Maybe worth something for a crazy title collectors. Yeah, if you are an absolute madman.

Does somebody cares about parner cards? Weird. Friend partners are far better. Maybe worth something for a crazy title collectors. Yeah, if you are an absolute madman.
    Some of us like to collect em all.

I had to create a Notepad file just to keep track of who I'm working on and who I've fully completed. Of course we know Friend Partners are better provided they are NOT DPS based, which means every TE/XX is infinitely better. Just be nice to work on SOMETHING during those Featured Quests besides trying to get Keys.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

TC, I was in a similar boat when I came back a few months ago - literally exact same boat, as I was using a Ranger at first as well. My recommendation, plow through those Koffi orders to unlock the new areas and such, either before or after the first story mission or two in Episode 4. After that, you should have access to subclass unlocks, which I'd say pick up ASAP.

As for which class to sub, while you're learning I'm tempted to say Hunter. Also, if you do go Hunter and plan on keeping Ranger as a sub for it, grab Gravity Bomb ASAP on Ranger. You can use that on Hunter, which means you can chuck it out, suck all the mobs into one spot, and go nuts with something like a Sacrifice Bite custom, followed by whatever the other Sword PA is that you can "customize." An alternative is... I think Other Spin's customization for wired lances? Basically, those two PAs are "hold to extend it," which typically means more overall damage for less PP expenditure.

Back to Ranger stuff, my personal recommendations for PAs are as follows:

Rifle:
    -End Attract - comes in handy for small groups or if you Gravity Bomb'ed a bunch together. Also handy for "long" bosses or unusually large ones - it can hit a boss two times, usually. Can be charged.

-Satellite Cannon - really nice if you use Massive Hunter (either from a Hunter sub or from a skill ring) and you need to kill a boss or some extremely annoying enemy (i.e. Krabhadas, or "those damn Darker crabs that block for so long.") Can be charged, changes duration / hits / radius on charge (i.e. a tap is one hit over a wide area for less damage, level 1 is a smaller radius, two or three hits, more damage, and level 2 is a narrow beam for five hits or so, large damage.)

-Sneak Shooter - I use this for single enemies or for large enemies if trying to use End Attract or Satellite Cannon prove to be fruitless endeavors (i.e. they're mobile, they stop you from charging, etc.) Takes a bit to get used to, but it's low PP cost and decent damage make for good use on scattered enemies or retreating enemies.

Launcher:
    -Sphere Eraser - This is a really good PA. Essentially it's a hold-for-duration laser blast. Can pierce enemies. Good for "sweeping" a cluster of enemies or targeting a boss's weak point that otherwise might be hard to hit with a regular launcher.

-Cosmo Breaker - I rarely use this, but I could see its uses. Essentially it's a very, VERY slow-moving shot that explodes and hits everything in a radius several times with its large explosion. Could be good for scattered enemies weak to your launcher's element or who "drop in" over time.

-Flame Bullet -

Basically another "hold-for-duration" PA. Keeps you mobile, unlike Sphere Eraser. Short distance, unlike SE. Lighter on PP usage (as it doesn't drain while in use - you only expend PP when it "starts.") Good for faster-moving mobs that tend to be annoying, or mobs that can be a PITA to hit (you'll encounter some of these types of guys on the Coast - they're invisible and un-targetable until you hit them, and Flame Bullet can help with that.)
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!