Default Never been more pissed off by a PvE game in my entire life

PSO2 is so bad that it genuinely infuriates me. Saying that it's much worse than PSU is a gross understatement. I have to vent or my tumor will explode.

Ultimately, the game's combat is just so damned inferior. The biggest problem is that there's zero pacing against bosses whatsoever. You're either facerolling them into submission so hard that they can't even move and die within 5-10 secs (guess they don't know what "bosses" are supposed to be), or you yourself get stunlocked (aka juggled) right back until you're dead, and SEGA LOVES to throw 2-4 bosses at you at the same fucking time. It's completely broken. You can't even fucking move, use mates, or any abilities unless you happen to use massive hunter, and usually with massive hunter you just die immediately anyway because of no recovery frames. I just can't emphasize enough how utterly broken this bullshit is. You had the potential to solo pretty much anything in PSU as a ranged class because you were never put in these kind of ridiculous situations, but with this game it's the complete opposite.

My guess is that because they gave you the option to super leet Dark Souls roll/step spam, they made some of the bosses' attacks completely unavoidable, and I swear most of them just endlessly spam attacks as much as they possibly can like they're Pontiff Sulyvahn or something. You NEED the invincibility frames or you WILL get hit, no exceptions (unless you're blocking, but we're not all hunters). Some of the worst offenders would be the four-legged Anga Fundarge and reskinned Banthers (Falka Leonne or whatever the hell it is). Against those assholes I'm pretty much mashing the "evade" button THE ENTIRE FIGHT or I instantly get hit/flung into the air and usually stunlocked to death. Even trying to gain distance against ONE certain boss is nearly impossible, but when it's 2-4 just forget about even moving. I can't imagine how anyone can even attempt to stay sane by soloing as a non-melee class. It's actually giving me fucking cancer.

While the piece of shit broken combat is this game's biggest flaw, the second would hands down be the absolutely pathetic mob spawning/density. Oh you're running through this mission trying to get mobs to spawn? Here's some a mile fucking behind you, have fun turning the fuck around asshole, or go ahead and lose that precious S/A-rank for the featured gift, bitch. WHY IS THIS OK? If that wasn't bad enough, sometimes when they do spawn it's either they spawn ONE BY FUCKING ONE or they're SOOOO spread out that even massive aoe's like divine launcher won't hit them. Gee, thanks for spawning four yedes one by one in a row; I'm having SO MUCH FUN. I was mad when I first got this game because it didn't have things like slicers or laser cannons for lining up targets and destroying them, but with this kind of sad spawning system, I now see that there's absolutely no point for them.

Aside from that, they turned a completely unique game into fucking World of Wacraft by adding quests (client orders). They turned a loot-hunting game into a quest-completing game. FUCK client orders. Client orders pretty much ruined whatever hope this game had. Every time I return to this shit game from a rage-induced "break" I find myself with a GIANT FUCKING MOUND OF EXPIRED BONUS KEYS. STUPID AS FUCK CONCEPT. Getting off topic, anyway, I come back and want to actually play the game, BUT OH WAIT, before I can efficiently grind levels, I have to go out of my fucking way to do the stupid ass daily quests for the 50% triboost bonus. It takes FOUR DAYS to reach 50%. FOUR. THEN WHAT? In order to efficiently make money, I have to yet again go out of my fucking way and do all of the stupid ass time attack/extreme quests (aka "tacos"). THEN WHAT? I better get my ass mining for Yerkes' free fucking 600k and fishing for the sometimes daily 100k quests! Just like in shitty WoW, the game itself pretty much TELLS you what to do with quests. Without quests, you could essentially do whatever the hell you want, just like in PSU. You could just log on and instantly do anything you felt like doing... and I know what some of you are thinking, "Derr I'd just spam White Beast or whatever the best mission was for exp anyway." Well guess what jackass? In this shit game you're either spamming the ONE featured level-up quest that changes once a day (to another mission you've already done; they CYCLE) or the SAME advance quest to make the best use of capsules. They dropped the ball there. All they had to do was just balance the missions better in PSU, problem solved.

Sometimes keeping it simple is just better. Fuck the retarded crafting in this game. What kind of stupid idea was timed abilities? And fuck affixing equipment. NO ONE likes RNG. NO ONE. Money is literally everything in this game, and where does it all come from? Solely from client orders. Oh, and one more thing. The spookyish/dark atmosphere that PSO had and PSU kind of had is completely shattered in this game by absolutely faggy bullshit like that faggot ass Nyau bitch thing. I bet the same person who added that thing in the game is the same one who made episode 4. What an asshole. Herrderr teenage bath scenes. Fuck you.

Alright I feel better. Feel free to argue with me if you think this shit game is better than PSU and I'll enjoy telling you that you're wrong.
    Last edited by Maximillian.; Jul 30, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

If you're not enjoying PSO2, you're looking forward to PSO3 hoping things will be better/different. Have to agree, the game has the potential to be good, but it isn't and it's sad. It having its focus be more on social elements if I remember correctly. Other than that, a common argument I see is it because there isn't anything like it on the market. So aside from having a name to fall back on, it isn't forced to seriously improve. Only time will tell what will happen during and after the game's life cycle.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian. View Post
    PSO2 is so bad that it genuinely infuriates me. Saying that it's much worse than PSU is a gross understatement. I have to vent or my tumor will explode.

Ultimately, the game's combat is just so damned inferior. The biggest problem is that there's zero pacing against bosses whatsoever. You're either facerolling them into submission so hard that they can't even move and die within 5-10 secs (guess they don't know what "bosses" are supposed to be), or you yourself get stunlocked (aka juggled) right back until you're dead, and SEGA LOVES to throw 2-4 bosses at you at the same fucking time. It's completely broken. You can't even fucking move, use mates, or any abilities unless you happen to use massive hunter, and usually with massive hunter you just die immediately anyway because of no recovery frames. I just can't emphasize enough how utterly broken this bullshit is. You had the potential to solo pretty much anything in PSU as a ranged class because you were never put in these kind of ridiculous situations, but with this game it's the complete opposite.
    PSU would kill you if you weren't facerolling things. Nothing has changed here. You can solo things as a Ranger if you're geared and don't suck.
    My guess is that because they gave you the option to super leet Dark Souls roll/step spam, they made some of the bosses' attacks completely unavoidable, and I swear most of them just endlessly spam attacks as much as they possibly can like they're Pontiff Sulyvahn or something. You NEED the invincibility frames or you WILL get hit, no exceptions (unless you're blocking, but we're not all hunters). Some of the worst offenders would be the four-legged Anga Fundarge and reskinned Banthers (Falka Leonne or whatever the hell it is). Against those assholes I'm pretty much mashing the "evade" button THE ENTIRE FIGHT or I instantly get hit/flung into the air and usually stunlocked to death. Even trying to gain distance against ONE certain boss is nearly impossible, but when it's 2-4 just forget about even moving. I can't imagine how anyone can even attempt to stay sane by soloing as a non-melee class. It's actually giving me fucking cancer.
    I'd like to point out that at max level the step is like maybe one second of invincibility. And that's if you bother putting points in it. Again, git gud. I can solo things on my Braver, using a bow. Also as a Ranger. You just have to pay attention because, well, it's almost like you're a class not meant to be in.
    While the piece of shit broken combat is this game's biggest flaw, the second would hands down be the absolutely pathetic mob spawning/density. Oh you're running through this mission trying to get mobs to spawn? Here's some a mile fucking behind you, have fun turning the fuck around asshole, or go ahead and lose that precious S/A-rank for the featured gift, bitch. WHY IS THIS OK? If that wasn't bad enough, sometimes when they do spawn it's either they spawn ONE BY FUCKING ONE or they're SOOOO spread out that even massive aoe's like divine launcher won't hit them. Gee, thanks for spawning four yedes one by one in a row; I'm having SO MUCH FUN. I was mad when I first got this game because it didn't have things like slicers or laser cannons for lining up targets and destroying them, but with this kind of sad spawning system, I now see that there's absolutely no point for them.
    Uh, it doesn't even take that much to get an S-Rank. A good level to go by is if you got your PB, you probably have S-rank. Just run through it and kill everything on the way. You'll be fine. You also need to look at your PA's and weapons. You can't talk in the previous paragraphs about facerolling, then complain that you can't faceroll things.
    Aside from that, they turned a completely unique game into fucking World of Wacraft by adding quests (client orders). They turned a loot-hunting game into a quest-completing game. FUCK client orders. Client orders pretty much ruined whatever hope this game had. Every time I return to this shit game from a rage-induced "break" I find myself with a GIANT FUCKING MOUND OF EXPIRED BONUS KEYS. STUPID AS FUCK CONCEPT. Getting off topic, anyway, I come back and want to actually play the game, BUT OH WAIT, before I can efficiently grind levels, I have to go out of my fucking way to do the stupid ass daily quests for the 50% triboost bonus. It takes FOUR DAYS to reach 50%. FOUR. THEN WHAT? In order to efficiently make money, I have to yet again go out of my fucking way and do all of the stupid ass time attack/extreme quests (aka "tacos"). THEN WHAT? I better get my ass mining for Yerkes' free fucking 600k and fishing for the sometimes daily 100k quests! Just like in shitty WoW, the game itself pretty much TELLS you what to do with quests. Without quests, you could essentially do whatever the hell you want, just like in PSU. You could just log on and instantly do anything you felt like doing... and I know what some of you are thinking, "Derr I'd just spam White Beast or whatever the best mission was for exp anyway." Well guess what jackass? In this shit game you're either spamming the ONE featured level-up quest that changes once a day (to another mission you've already done; they CYCLE) or the SAME advance quest to make the best use of capsules. They dropped the ball there. All they had to do was just balance the missions better in PSU, problem solved.
    Client orders are a bit annoying, but with how easy they are to do, it's a non-issue. Also do your fucking keys. Don't let them just sit there and then complain when they expire. Also leveling is stupid easy now. You do LQ's and EQ's until 40-45, then you do AQ's. Especially with the special LQ happening right now. I got Hero to 75 in two to three days, and I wasn't really focusing all that hard. PSU was no better. You did one quest because that's all people ever did. They did the one quest because it was where the new shit was, and everything else in the world was barren. You don't absolutely have to do everything the game tells you. You can do whatever you want.
    Sometimes keeping it simple is just better. Fuck the retarded crafting in this game. What kind of stupid idea was timed abilities? And fuck affixing equipment. NO ONE likes RNG. NO ONE. Money is literally everything in this game, and where does it all come from? Solely from client orders. Oh, and one more thing. The spookyish/dark atmosphere that PSO had and PSU kind of had is completely shattered in this game by absolutely faggy bullshit like that faggot ass Nyau bitch thing. I bet the same person who added that thing in the game is the same one who made episode 4. What an asshole. Herrderr teenage bath scenes. Fuck you.
    The crafting system is some hot garbage, that I'll say. PSO2's atmosphere is current anime. Just like PSU was. Just like PSO was. They're both extremely anime.
    Alright I feel better. Feel free to argue with me if you think this shit game is better than PSU and I'll enjoy telling you that you're wrong.
    This game is definitely better than PSU, but PSU has some things that I wish would return. Much like I wish PSO1 had some things that would come back.

How can you possibly think this is better than PSU? Please tell me cause I'm curious. You love grinding them quests aka client orders like Warcraft leveling? You enjoy getting stunlocked/juggled to death by multiple bosses? Dumbass. If you think this game's mob spawning/density is ok then you have ABSOLUTELY lost it. Are we even playing the same game? Also 75 in 2-3 days nolifelol. Oh, and give me an example of something as cringe-inducing as Nyau from PSO/PSU (good luck).
    Last edited by Maximillian.; Jul 31, 2017 at 08:28 PM.

Dumbass.
    I get that you're frustrated at the game, and don't enjoy it, but don't insult someone for having a different opinion than you. :/

He's intent on saying PSO2 is better so I'm going to actually keep going with this.

Let's talk about combat mechanics for example. Do you remember how in PSU certain enemies had multiple hit/hurtboxes? Like those giant lizard things in the caves area for example (drua ghoa? something like that). Because it has three hitboxes instead of one, it would make more sense to use an attack that hit more than one hitbox, right? RIGHT. You'd benefit from using a DIFFERENT ABILITY. This game? Spam literally one ability the ENTIRE mission. I used to do the same thing. I'd just spam trick rave and watch how it hits enemies in a huge area but also almost always hit weakpoints because of how high the weapon flew into the air. Later on I'd just faceroll with a chainsawd and just spam nova strike or overend all mission trying to figure out which one was better. Remember how you'd use the axe PA anga jabroga against certain bosses that had a ton of hitboxes and do a ton of damage? Well if you used that same PA against a smaller target with only one hitbox, it wouldn't really be ideal. Here it's just brainless facerolling.

Let's keep going. Remember how certain enemies had 50% damage reduction against melee, bullets, or techs? Well that kind of thing gave you a reason to switch your damage types. This alone gave actual hybrids a huge advantage. There ARE no hybrids in PSO2. Just use whatever attack does more damage and win. Hell, even shifta and deband are so bad now that why even bother trying to make a techer/hunter or techer/ranger combo? There's no variety in techs. There's no dizas, rentis, giresta, or stat weakening debuff techs, so what's the point? Might as well just go fighter or something for that leet "stance" dps.

How about weapon variety? Rangers use two weapons. Two. It simply boils down to the rifle for single target and launcher for multiple targets. You could complete this entire game start to finish with literally two photon arts: one point and divine launcher. Two attacks for the entire game. CLEVER. Personally, I think concentrate one does pretty decent single-target damage, so I could get away with using one damn weapon for the entire game. Now think about PSU. I used protranser more than anything. How many weapons could we use, like 12? Not even mentioning those dope EX traps. Different weapons and different PA's had different uses.

Last but not least, COOLDOWNS. FUCK COOLDOWNS. Cooldowns ruin games and they're DEFINITELY not meant for ARPGS. This isn't World of Warcraft; why did they add cooldowns? I think they're trying to WoWify this game because they know how popular WoW is, so they went ahead and added quests and cooldowns.

Rare missions were actually rare and were exciting as hell to get. I have like 6 bonus keys sitting in my bank right now. I'll probably raqequit again soon and they'll all expire yet again because let's add an expiration date for no fucking reason. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I get that you're frustrated at the game, and don't enjoy it, but don't insult someone for having a different opinion than you. :/
    I insulted him because he had the nuts to be an ass and spew garbage like "git gud" while not giving any examples to back up what he was saying, so fuck him.

I insulted him because he had the nuts to be an ass and spew garbage like "git gud" while not giving any examples to back up what he was saying, so fuck him.
    Don't use other people's behavior as an excuse for your own.

first of all, I'm not a PSU/PSO player so I can't compare with any of them. I dont know which boss did you meant by "facerolling them into submission so hard that they can't even move and die within 5-10 secs" cause I dont see that kind of work, unless, you are overlevel your difficulty. as for stun or freeze not truly you wait and do nothing. actually you could shake it off, just rapid left right (A and D) will do the work. as for throwing bosses 2-4 at once, I only experience this on LQ which simply a tone down version of what it really is. Solo playing? you could but not on every single quest, I guess sega want it to be more MMO than PSU (like I said I never play it before). PSO2 have bosses with multi hitbox like Magatsu Elder Loser, well, it was long before the Episode 4, dont know why they decide to not use multi hitbox again.

anga fundarge as ranger? yes you could, not by hit or run, but hit and run. ranger can move while shooting with rifle, also Parallel Slider type 0 give you hit and fast movement until end of your PP. my problem with with anga is not it movement but resistance, at some point it will resist your weapon make you have to change weapon.

for S-Rank,that depend on what quests. if you talking about Free/Ark quests, you simply need 20+ mob and it should do the job. for TA and LQ need to go fast.

client order whats wrong with it? you dont have to run it if you dont want to. only couple of them that actually need to run like those from Koffie. the rest is not necessary, unless you need extra Meseta, like Clotho or Daily Order. like I said basically SEGA made PSO2 more MMO then previous game, and as MMO it have quests like client order, that what I believe

Cooldown? PA have no cooldown. are you mean those active skill doesnt need cooldown? thats crazy. those skill to powerful not to not having a cooldown, beside some skill can be use multiple time, like weak bullet it have 4 and now 5 bullet, if you use it good enough, it almost has no cooldown.

as for expired bonus key not deleted from storage or inventory, yes, its kinda ridiculous. why have dates? cause if its not players will collect them and use it to raise new class or even new character without sweat, and that is a big no for the game itself. as for the craft, it is unused, only reach to 11*.

I dont say PSO2 is a really good game, to much grind, rental everywhere, RNG everywhere, but its not the worst either, at least the community is great on this game, why bother playing alone if there are others? it is a MMO though