Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OP, you are bad at the game and you are complaining about the game being too hard. People on Discord have been trying to tell you how to get good so you could actually have fun with the game. You answered to all advice with "it's my preference", ignored all the evidence because you didn't care and now you're calling everyone idiots, not realizing that your own intellectual pattern falls exactly under that definition.

Here's a thing. People who design action games usually try to make rules in their games in a way so that properly following them would yield the strongest feeling of empowerment, and that's why these games feel fun. Now, PSO2 is not a perfect game, so sometimes optimal way is not the most fun. The problem is that you didn't even try to follow the rules. You didn't want to learn. You didn't want to acknowledge that you were wrong because your ego is so fragile. You spammed "shut up" in the chat like a 12-year old.

You are not omnipotent, you are not a center of the universe. You are a human being, so behave like a one. Grow up.

Maybe OP should try another game? I'm not saying this as in 'get out if you don't like it', but just look up other games that sound like they may be fun and give them a shot.

I personally felt burned out with PSO2 and my other online games recently and decided to try FFXIV about a month ago. Got all the way through Heavensward and Stormblood. Despite being a solid game that I'm sure must be heaven for hardcore FF fans, it ended up not being something I would enjoy playing continuously, because I realized that I prefer fast-paced action-based combat with a much less political and long-winded story.

So, even though FFXIV wasn't the experience I was personally looking for, it made me appreciate the games I had been playing before. There was nothing quite like the feeling of logging on as Hero in PSO2 after being stuck as the Warrior of Light for so long.

Most people who play xiv just do it for the erp it seems, I can't understand how anyone could put up with that combat for long. That game is worth playing for the story and hearing the music and that's it. Pso2 is stale as fuck and does pretty much everything wrong to different degrees but at least the gameplay is still somewhat engaging (despite their best attempts to make it not so).

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Most people who play xiv just do it for the erp it seems, I can't understand how anyone could put up with that combat for long. That game is worth playing for the story and hearing the music and that's it. Pso2 is stale as fuck and does pretty much everything wrong to different degrees but at least the gameplay is still somewhat engaging (despite their best attempts to make it not so).
    I can think of a few reasons as to how, mainly the presence of the 'trinity' system that a lot of MMO gamers seem to be comfortable with. In PSO2, everyone except Te are expected to be full DPS, so most people are tested on the same set of skills, as opposed to different sets of skills based on roles that they may be more in-tune with. FFXIV is also more of a puzzle game than a combat game in endgame, and there are people who enjoy that instead of head-on combat while dodging and nullifying attacks with properly timed button presses.

Story wise, eh. It's... decent, but not without a number of flaws. For me, the length was the main issue, as I prefer shorter, but well-executed stories as opposed to ones that drag on for more than 50 hours while talking about moral ambiguity and politics. The fact that so much content is locked behind the story and sidequests made it much worse. Don't get me started on 2.1~2.55 which was all over the place but also mandatory to access HW. At least with PSO2, you can have minimal exposure to the story and still access relevant endgame EQs.

All that said, the music for FFXIV is indeed 10/10. PSO2, however, doesn't fall that far behind it, at least IMO.

Thats because the people who got them are posting because they got them,so obviously it seems like theres way more out there than there actually is. The rates have been buffed across the board though,with 14*s dropping in the hundreds for Mother and Dragon per weapon rather than maybe 30ish.

Dragon remains unchanged.
    Spoiler!