Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

We all knew a dragon boss was coming since EP5 is set in a medieval fantasy world, but I wish they were a little bit more original with it... This is the most bare bone design you could think of, you can type "dragon" on google and find million of images that look just like this boss.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    We all knew a dragon boss was coming since EP5 is set in a medieval fantasy world, but I wish they were a little bit more original with it... This is the most bare bone design you could think of, you can type "dragon" on google and find million of images that look just like this boss.
    It's a throwback to the old Phantasy Star
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    It's a throwback to the old Phantasy Star
    Spoiler!
    Ah I see, it makes sense. They're referencing original Phantasy Star a lot this episode.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I feel sorry for Slutty Alis. Her sword is supposed to be a legendary weapon passed down from generation to generation and there is only one of it. Then ARKS comes along and goes "LOL, we can make more of that!", devaluing the weapon and making her considerably less special as any ARKS can wield it now. It would have been an epic to have the latest generation of Phantasy Star heroes assisting the OG protagonist as the main gimmick of the raid (as long as she's an invincible NPC).

Anyway, the Red Dragon looks very basic but not badly-designed either. Considering how past raid bosses usually have an overdesigned look to them, a "normal" looking boss is kinda refreshing I suppose.

EDIT: I also love how player characters use the sword with their left hand and the shield on their right. As a Zelda fan, this pleases me.
    That's just how the new SEGA operates though. "Screw this old hag! We're embracing the new hotness - sex waifus for everyone! Catering your every fetish!"

Pretty soon, we'll be hearing announcements about SEGA releasing eroges and H-content on R18.com (note: obvious NSFW - you have no one to blame but yourself if you go there). That'll just about kill any hope of Nintendo collaborating with them - because we know how censor heavy Nintendo can get with their games (especially when localizing stuff).

I mean, they still haven't given us the power of having the "glorious" Nei/Neifirst ultima-waifu combo Partner Card cash-ins (I'm never getting over this, ever), or the Chaz/Rika/Wren/etc. recollections. They took the time to add the Shinnin' Yamiz, but can't be assed to plug its original murderers into the game (I mean, have they ever actually done that in any PSO game, ever?)

-----------

That having been said... I'm getting vibes of FFXIV Final Steps of Faith (AKA Nidhogg) from this dragon - at least as far as the mechanics. Seems like whoever wrote this fucking episode wasn't satisfied with having Odin along - he had to drag ol' Niddy from death's door for one final (and endless) case of "get killed over and over and over).

Alternatively, we FE7 Fire Dragon up in this bitch, and I need to call one particular pretty boy prince to see if I can borrow his trusty dragon slaying sword. Because there's no way I'm touching Alis' blade - who knows what she touched before that?

Only thing I dislike about the raid boss's design is its eyes. Its eyes look more cute than scary which I think is the result of it having pupils. They should've stuck with no pupils like the old design and well, like all the other Dragon bosses in this game.

it feels more of Alis bestowing them part of the the sword's power rather than AKRs making a replica out of it, or is this news already confirmed?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Hmm, I guess from TGS, balance changes and Dark Blast seems to be the most ..... exciting part for me :/
    The dragon looks good, I guess ..... though still feel pretty basic model.

Still a few months to go, but I'll wait for more info ......
    -playing-offline-games-while-waiting-

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Only thing I dislike about the raid boss's design is its eyes. Its eyes look more cute than scary which I think is the result of it having pupils. They should've stuck with no pupils like the old design and well, like all the other Dragon bosses in this game.
    So they can make a humanoid-loli-form of the dragon, then make it a partner-card-able npc with super-revealing-outfits, along with scratch availability to boost AC spending in the future .......
    Last edited by final_attack; Sep 24, 2017 at 08:16 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    So they can make a humanoid-loli-form of the dragon, then make it a partner-card-able npc with super-revealing-outfits, along with scratch availability to boost AC spending in the future .......
    I couldn't laugh because this is something I'm very certain they'd do... but I was thinking more of future Mag camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    Yeah, because what i remember seeing that it was Buster Quest that were balanced around Hero not the whole episode , and notice that BQ CF ends on 3/21 which would suggest after that date they're not gonna update BQ anymore while the EP will go on after that. Also the survey they did some weeks ago showed that 60% of the players were pleased with Hero but 90% were unpleased with the balance (hence the balance changes coming sooner)
    Pretty much. It's not just the confusion, but having easier access to a collection of statements regarding the balance issue would also mean less time wasted for the people who are more sensitive to the class balance in the game, are upset that their class was nerfed, etc.. Sort of like a 'is it worth it to keep playing?' section.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    That's just how the new SEGA operates though. "Screw this old hag! We're embracing the new hotness - sex waifus for everyone! Catering your every fetish!"
    Boob bounce and boob size adjustment were available ever since Tier 5 graphics were in the game, so obviously they were going to push in this direction as they got better with adjusting the engine. I don't know why people are pretending like this game being a waifu simulator is anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Pretty much. It's not just the confusion, but having easier access to a collection of statements regarding the balance issue would also mean less time wasted for the people who are more sensitive to the class balance in the game, are upset that their class was nerfed, etc.. Sort of like a 'is it worth it to keep playing?' section.
    People will form their own opinions after trying the game. If they have to ask other people "is it worth playing?" then they probably should clear up that doubt first before they even bother trying the game.

And let's be real here - ever since the game stopped being all "super-serious space-alien slayer that worships the super-serious hardcore 'story'" and ever since SEGA made things more "accessible", certain people who believe that gaining power in PSO2 should be like saving up to buy a car or trying to make a spot on a sports-team (or that the story shouldn't feature so many sluttily dressed waifus or unfitting, non-realistic armor/clothing) have been bitching up the ass, claiming that PSO2 is "dead" because they think the game isn't worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Boob bounce and boob size adjustment were available ever since Tier 5 graphics were in the game, so obviously they were going to push in this direction as they got better with adjusting the engine. I don't know why people are pretending like this game being a waifu simulator is anything new.
    Because that is not something that SEGA is normally known for (at least, not to me anyways). I've never known them to embrace the waifu-side of things (especially since none of their previous works - by which I mean, everything BEFORE the rise of Bayonetta or Selvaria or whatnot - were covered as much as they were by works normally made for the tribute-making of waifu).