Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    otherwise we're going straight into the "Hero or nothing" wall
    I believe we are already at that point several weeks earlier

I'm wondering though, if in case Sega was actually anticipating a 99.99% Hero playerbase meta for the rest of the episode, are they going to back up content with more phasion features/scratches? More BQ spice n' stuff?

Feel free to point out if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that in the next few months (or even weeks), players would either simply go hiatus (since nothing else to use but Hero), collect lobby points (since nothing else to use but Hero), or possibly even quit the game altogether (since nothing else to use but Hero) if the current trend continues. Maybe players could put up with using nothing but Hero, or meeting no other players in quests but Hero for the next two years?

Even if not the entire attack set type, maybe at least one other advanced class could have really helped clear up the distinction of 'Advanced' tier classes.

DISCLAIMER: I understand that not all classes were rendered (completely) obsolete by Hero, but from a convenience standpoint, the meta simply dictates its practical dominance (over all other 'lower-tier' classes). Even with a few rogue low-tier classes in MPAs, you'd still consistently see Hero and just Hero, like, 95% of the time.
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Aug 22, 2017 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    or meeting no other players in quests but Hero for the next two years?
    The next Advanced Class is slated for next Episode, so next year, we'll be getting one more. Still a bit late though - I feel they really should have introduced at least 2 Advanced Classes for EP5.

To play a bit of devil's advocate though: I'm enjoying the ride in the meantime. Hero is easy to play and easy to level. I also never get tired of seeing Deus in DPS check phase fall flat on his face after 10 seconds of losing his snake heads. It's just a shame that it had to come at the cost of taking a dump on the older classes.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

The old classes do I think feel a lot slower than Hero, so much so that I'm considering leveling all my alts as a Hero to plow through the meat-and-potatoes of the game (as it also cuts out on having to level two jobs to 75 from 55,) then going back and leveling the "old jobs" to 75 during XP Boost campaigns and the like.

I wouldn't want all my characters to be Heroes - I still want this character to be a Fighter, and that character to be a Gunner, and the like. But for stuff like TACOs? Yeah, Hero makes short work of that stuff at max level, even better than a higher-level base class. My Hero can clear a SH TACO in about half the time as my Level 80 Ranger can.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

i play as ranger when im doing a team mpa for buster/EQ. The rest is just hero meta, the mobility alone is good enought to let it pass and cross the map from side to side in less time, it help acomplish targets easier

heck, you could ran a TD4 and wave 3 clear all the towers whitout using a AIS if lot of heros are present jumping from tower to tower

as a ranger i donīt feel the motion because i play it staying stacionary and using Third person perspective (for trigger standing snipe). Aiming to kill anything before cames closer. Of course everbody loves a WB

If you're talking to someone that hasn't played the game in a while, trying to convey the speed, fluidity, and power of Hero gameplay is difficult. Some people will claim you are exaggerating.

I'm really liking Hero gameplay. It has helped reinvigorate the game for me. The downside is that the game does feel "slow" when you go back to play older classes. It is really bad for me when I try playing Hunter or Gunner. Even Force gameplay on some of the other old classes feels awkward. I really hate trying to use Launcher on my Ranger now. If there are several Heroes in and I'm not playing Hero in mob-heavy MPA, I usually feel useless. Everything is usually dead or close to dead by the time I get to attack.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryna View Post
    If there are several Heroes in and I'm not playing Hero in mob-heavy MPA, I usually feel useless. Everything is usually dead or close to dead by the time I get to attack.
    This to a fucking T. As a Ranger, I'm at the very least bringing Gravity Bomb and Weak Bullet to the table - they don't help much, but they at least can group up some mobs into a pack for the Heroes to wipe out, and weaken a big thing for the Heroes to dish out the pain on.

Everything else? Doesn't seem to do too much. Hero can cast spells, so they can buff, heal, and cure ailments. They can use stuff like Zondeel and Megiverse. Hunters and Fighters bring some damage-dealing potential, but Hero seems to do the same thing at a faster rate and with more evasive options than those two classes.

When I run Yamato as a Ranger, I plan on doing little more than Weak Bulleting the bosses and the guns on the carrier, and using Satellite Cannon on the big blue orb of death when it's made right outside the ship's exterior because people always seem to forget about that.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    This to a fucking T. As a Ranger, I'm at the very least bringing Gravity Bomb and Weak Bullet to the table - they don't help much, but they at least can group up some mobs into a pack for the Heroes to wipe out, and weaken a big thing for the Heroes to dish out the pain on.

Everything else? Doesn't seem to do too much. Hero can cast spells, so they can buff, heal, and cure ailments. They can use stuff like Zondeel and Megiverse. Hunters and Fighters bring some damage-dealing potential, but Hero seems to do the same thing at a faster rate and with more evasive options than those two classes.

When I run Yamato as a Ranger, I plan on doing little more than Weak Bulleting the bosses and the guns on the carrier, and using Satellite Cannon on the big blue orb of death when it's made right outside the ship's exterior because people always seem to forget about that.
    Sounds like what I do when I'm playing the Yamato EQ as Ranger. I'm mainly there to apply Weak Bullet to the bosses and help destroy the spirit bomb. If a lone mob runs past all of the Heroes, maybe I have a chance to shoot it. Outside of that, it is just an exercise in frustration. Almost everything is long dead by the time I get a Launcher attack charged up.

Trying to use Launchers in MPAs has been frustrating for a longtime, but the current meta really highlights its shortcomings.

Sometimes someone will send me a random "Good Job" because I'm not playing Hero. That causes mixed feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post

Heh by that logic my TE/RA is more useful lol. Who needs another damage dealer in a MPA full of Heroes just drop Shifta and Deband. Zondeel or Zanverse as the situation calls for and pop out some WBs just to make it go EVEN faster. Maybe a Resta but that probably isn't needed.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

One thing I've noticed while trying to play RA after the Hero invasion is that I find myself hounding for those target reticles more than ever (especially during the yamato eq). Every effort must be taken to fall just within range to get hits in... any further steps and you won't be able to get much damage in at all before they're all dead. Launchers have been, literally, "hit or miss" by the time you get up to a group of enemies. By the time most PA's windup time finishes, heroes have long killed the mobs. The only way I've felt possibly useful is using every effort to optimally use the rifle, apply weak bullet, and gravity bombs, and even then the overall damage falls drastically short compared to the Hero.

As of now, RA is pretty much just the Hero's WB slave.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    Heh by that logic my TE/RA is more useful lol. Who needs another damage dealer in a MPA full of Heroes just drop Shifta and Deband. Zondeel or Zanverse as the situation calls for and pop out some WBs just to make it go EVEN faster. Maybe a Resta but that probably isn't needed.
    Te/Ra are the real heroes tbh