Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaugen View Post
    People are complaining that the class is too strong, when it's an "Advanced Class", it's SUPPOSED to be strong, it's SUPPOSED to make other classes obsolete.
    Not really to show that low-tier classes are obsolete imo, but instead to show a clear distinction of a new, advanced-tier of classes.

Which... isn't so effective atm, as it evidently only created as single class meta, and like many others here I share the opinion that they should really have released more classes at the same time to fully show the tier difference
    (so that Advanced class > everything else, instead of Hero > everything else).

My biggest problem with this, and it's honestly a personal one, is that I HATE systems where you have to play unrelated classes to unlock other classes. It was bad enough when fi, gu, and te first came out. It's one thing if the new class is simply a continuation or variation of an existing class, but hero is so far and beyond anything else that it might as well be a different game.

I have no problem with hero having a lower skill floor and skill cap, but the other classes should at least feel as good to play on your way there.

I am fully satisfied, with new class, (suffering, crying and hate, glad i missed it psow is like Asylum for these feelings, from what i see)
    Enjoy BQ, hyped for Dark Blast, new episode story.

One question what i am doing wrong ? because it feels like i missing something or not ?

Kondion, HATE what ? why they unrelated ? since HERO is all-round you need experience from different classes. Fi,Gu,Te is it really was so bad to lvl 30 ?
    Yes HERO is not variation of an existing class because its ADVANCED.
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

Quote Originally Posted by LancerFate View Post
    Yes HERO is not variation of an existing class because its ADVANCED.
    That's exactly the problem. I'm not one of those people who complains about not having everything at once immediately, but hero feels completely different from everything else to the point where, if hero, and most likely the other advanced classes, are what you want to play, the game is going to feel like a grind while you're leveling up all these classes you don't care about to get a class that plays differently from all of them. Being an advanced class isn't an excuse for the other classes not actually being fun or fluid to play. This has nothing to do with damage output or class effectiveness, just how they feel and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by white knights View Post
    it's SUPPOSED to be strong
    It's a video game that's made for enjoyment by millions. It doesn't matter how it's SUPPOSED to be when it ends up like shit. And the shit it ended up like? They made 90% of the game obsolete in an instant. That's what it is. Next you'll tell me that multiblock matching was SUPPOSED to result in 21/12 MPAs.

Still, I'm staying cautiously optimistic that the mentioned "changes to old classes" will actually make other classes more fluid and natural-feeling. The problem is that it's just too much work, and it's SEGA we're talking about. Wired Lances will basically have to be reworked entirely from ground up, Launcher needs a lot of starting parts of animations removed. Fighter's and Bouncer's stances just need to go, period. And those are just small examples, there's just too many things to mention.
    Last edited by isCasted; Aug 23, 2017 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    It's a video game that's made for enjoyment by millions. It doesn't matter how it's SUPPOSED to be when it ends up like shit. And the shit it ended up like? They made 90% of the game obsolete in an instant. That's what it is. Next you'll tell me that multiblock matching was SUPPOSED to result in 21/12 MPAs.
    To be fair, they backed it up with the statement that Hero's power and ease of use is intended. Question now is how far they'll go to change the other classes during the downtime between Advanced Class introductions, which I personally doubt will go beyond numbers and PA speed tweaks.

Advanced Classes are pretty much meant to replace the older classes eventually, judging by their direction so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaugen View Post
    I think most of the Hero complaints in general are pretty meh.
    People are complaining that the class is too strong, when it's an "Advanced Class", it's SUPPOSED to be strong, it's SUPPOSED to make other classes obsolete. We're getting to the point of the game where the old classes are meant to be used as a means to obtain new ones, just like how many other games (and previous Phantasy Star games) did it.

No, Advanced classes in previous games co-existed with the old ones. They WERE strong, but if you wanted to have fun with dear old X class, you could because they still remained in the boundaries of the game

In PSO2, Hero destroyed those boundaries, and what's worse is that they still nerfed a lot of the other classes to make it even more clear that old classes are obsolete and that you should move on. I accepted that SEGA doesn't update old content because it seems to be their policy, but invalidating class viability in such a way leaves me speechless

To be honest, while I find Hero very fun, I'd still lower its damage output by a tad. I'd honestly still have fun even without those 300k weapon actions and PAs dealing a humongous amount of damage. Hero should be fast and have Hero time to compensate for slightly lower damage, not to annihilate things so fast even EP4 content isn't up to the challenge anymore. That would allow Hero to co-exist wih other classes.

Also, people forget to see in the long term (so does SEGA it seems) but Hero is all fun and roses atm because it's still a relatively "young" class. But that will happen a few months from now when you get bored of Hero ? Will you want to play an atrociously underpowered class or wait for next advanced ? Most people will just take the door waiting for the next one, which could have a terrible impact on the game.
    Sorry if I'm a buzz-killer, but I love this game and this is honestly one of the situations that could harm it to a great extent,

So yeah, fun is like freedom, your fun should be allowed as long as it doesn't impede on the other's fun, and Hero is doing exactly that to any non-Hero atm. I don't remember Buster or PSU masters to make anybody feel that way.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 23, 2017 at 03:40 AM.

I have a problem with the fact that they killed variety in the game. They should have released 3 advanced classes, not 1.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    No, Advanced classes in previous games co-existed with the old ones. They WERE strong, but if you wanted to have fun with dear old X class, you could because they still remained in the boundaries of the game

In PSO2, Hero destroyed those boundaries, and what's worse is that they still nerfed a lot of the other classes to make it even more clear that old classes are obsolete and that you should move on. I accepted that SEGA doesn't update old content because it seems to be their policy, but invalidating class viability in such a way leaves me speechless

To be honest, while I find Hero very fun, I'd still lower its damage output by a tad. I'd honestly still have fun even without those 300k weapon actions and PAs dealing a humongous amount of damage. Hero should be fast and have Hero time to compensate for slightly lower damage, not to annihilate things so fast even EP4 content isn't up to the challenge anymore. That would allow Hero to co-exist wih other classes.

Also, people forget to see in the long term (so does SEGA it seems) but Hero is all fun and roses atm because it's still a relatively "young" class. But that will happen a few months from now when you get bored of Hero ? Will you want to play an atrociously underpowered class or wait for next advanced ? Most people will just take the door waiting for the next one, which could have a terrible impact on the game.
    Sorry if I'm a buzz-killer, but I love this game and this is honestly one of the situations that could harm it to a great extent,

So yeah, fun is like freedom, your fun should be allowed as long as it doesn't impede on the other's fun, and Hero is doing exactly that to any non-Hero atm. I don't remember Buster or PSU masters to make anybody feel that way.
    UMMMMMMMMMMMM the PSU master classes for years made the other classes ass till the AP system came out.

While I do enjoy Hero because I tend to enjoy classes that have speed and damage... Yeah. When doing my TAs on other characters or certain DOs it just feels like such a drag now. Force is still pretty fast but I need the sonic speeds meng. Gotta go fast.