Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Hero Slowdown Effect

So, we've all played HR for awhile now, even maining it still. How are you guys coping with the "slowdown" when you swap to other classes? The mental effect is pretty present and well I haven't seen anyone else talk about this. I want Sega to speed up the other classes just so everything plays about the same speed but balance etc it won't happen.

Are you guys adapting well swapping back and forth or struggling a bit? or not a prob for some of you

There are other classes?

Yes, I agree that the other classes need to feel as fluid as Hero does.

It's annoying how slow the other classes are, compared to Hero.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    There are other classes?

Yes, I agree that the other classes need to feel as fluid as Hero does.
    Not happening, aside from nerfs/buffs, sega wants you to leave those behind and move on to advanced classes, or rather, the only advance class.

tldr; be a hero or be a loser.

Its quite the upgrade compared to when Fighter and Gunner first became a thing. Though Hunter did get a bit faster over time. The slowness hasn't really bugged me though. It just would have been nice if Ranger took advantage of the nonsense it's PAs had; or extra boosts in movement damage and making launcher's decoy worthwhile with a rifle equivalent. It should have been a trap like poison.

katana br is still fun to use

Hunter felt slow and clunky. The transition made it obvious when Hrs were blitzing and trashing mind while I was trying to keep up with guilty break on runs.

Honestly it bothers me the most for Gu, because I REALLY want to mess around with the new chain, but Gu feels so sticky. Bo feels fine with JBs, but I kept finding myself having a hard time recovering PP with DBs because I was so used to the attack range on Hero sword. >_> I've said this before to other people, but I think the main reason hero feels so good is that it always has something to do. With other classes you feel like you're wasting time when you aren't in the right position, while Hero can do at least decent damage and get good pp recovery from any range, and doesn't lose any momentum when they're attacked.

I think the problem,infact,know the problem is that there was only 1 advanced class that came out.
    Its so fluid,powerful,balanced across everything and self sustaining.
    You can buff,heal,set up zanverse yourself,cover large distance,short distance,you can slash,you can shoot,you can tech,fluidly swap between every weapon (minus the times where you flip into infinity) and you have a huge burst damage skill.

I think they should leave the old classes as they are,however add advanced versions of those classes for levelling those to 75.
    Then have combo classes like Hero that mixes and matches weapons from the whole roster.

Probably wont happen,but one can dream.
    I was about to quit this game shortly before hero came out but the enjoyability i got from it and buster quest,along with making up with some old friends kept me playing again.

SEGAs shown they can make a multistat class work all across the board with even balance for every weapon it uses,i only wish other classes got the same treatment.
    Spoiler!

I've ended up just getting most of my characters to at least Hero lv50 just to be able to shave off 10 minutes from my usual TACO runs due to the overall speed of the class.
    But yeah, putting out at least three advanced classes at once would probably have been a better idea to keep some variety, and they could have had them balanced around either ATK type (like PSU's Master Types), attack range (close-range, mid-range, long-range), or the classes needed to unlock them (like having Hero need Hunter, Gunner, and Force, then the other two classes needing some combination of the others, like one needing Fighter, Braver, Techer, and the other needing Bouncer, Ranger, Summoner).