Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ShaadeSilentpaw View Post
    6. Not really any definitive answers here either. I'm using the PSO2 tweaker english patches already, but there are still some items and such that aren't translated. I've tried using the Telepipe thing, but it was giving me login problems.
    Use the Google Translate app for your Android phone and the camera translation method. Snap a picture of your screen and highlight the text as it asks you to do. Keep in mind that the text must be clear, and that sometimes it won't detect the characters on-screen properly. Should be self-explanatory.

If that fails, then your only option is to learn Japanese up to around N2 level which takes about half a year via a full-time course.

About weak rare weapons: did you fully grind and affix yet? This is impossible for a *5-6 star weps to outpower *8 ones.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    About weak rare weapons: did you fully grind and affix yet? This is impossible for a *5-6 star weps to outpower *8 ones.
    Its common for the NT versions to overpower OT versions of higher rarity.
    Thats probably what OP is seeing.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaadeSilentpaw View Post
    First of all, thanks everyone for the replies :3 I'm playing on Ship 2.
    1. None. Seems people aren't understanding this question; I'm not asking what rare weapons are, which I should be using or why - I'm asking why, *for example*, an 8 star Photon Launcher is so much weaker than a 5 or 6 star standard launcher. There are a whole bunch of rare weapons like this that I have found, and it doesn't make any sense to me. Also no word of any drop charts / drop rates.
    On top of what everyone else told you already, you had the right idea, they're obsolete. There's something you need to understand about the way Sega did things with PSO2, and that is that to keep the game relevant and interesting, they focused on regularly making content that feels "new". That goes for game modes, weapons, gathering, various currencies(a load of these as a matter of fact), etc. What they didn't focus on however, is balancing the old stuff so that everything fits together, and as a result, there's a lot of essentially irrelevant content in PSO2 nowadays. It's not necessarily uninteresting to experience (if applicable), but it won't really help gearing up your character properly in any way.

The weapons you see are an example of that. Yes, a lot of them are essentially worthless now, outside of mag feeding. That's just how it is.

Hope that answers your question.

There are a few reasons why higher rarity could be less powerful from what you see since you are new:
    1. NT vs non NT
    2. Different weapon type but has same attack type (you're comparing partisan to a sword, for example, they're both striking/melee type)
    3. It has affixes that boosts the weapon's main atk power as displayed

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    There are a few reasons why higher rarity could be less powerful from what you see since you are new:
    1. NT vs non NT
    2. Different weapon type but has same attack type (you're comparing partisan to a sword, for example, they're both striking/melee type)
    3. It has affixes that boosts the weapon's main atk power as displayed
    Also, all class weapons can have a lower attack value than single class weapons.

1. Weak rare weapons?
    The above 2 posters mostly answered but it could be exactly that: You are comparing -NT weapon type (new-type) with old type. Old type weapons generally have lower base damage but grinding them gives larger bonuses (+10 for old type far exceeds relative % boost of +35 of NT type). At the same time you have to consdier the potential of a weapon too.
    This extends all the way up to 13*s. You will find 13* weapons that have lower base damage than lower rarity ones of the same weapon type.
    Units (rear, arm, leg) do not have new-type equivalent, they are all considered old-type for grinding purposes.

2. Gathering~
    Gathering/Fishing is worth depending on what you're after. For example, if you want to cook Karaage, the 5min food buff that increases RDR [rare drop rate] by 10%, you need to spend time in Tokyo and Vegas. Other interesting foods are Meat Stir Fry (if I remember the name correctly) which increases atk and the 50% hp one (stacks up to 5).
    Yerkes COs are 600k meseta per week per character. But you also have to consider the random daily COs that may reward 100k meseta for 1 rare gathering/fishing material or the ones that give 350m/70xp for 1-999 common materials. This is again preference. If you make 30m meseta per week from other sources, then you're probably not gaining much from focusing on gathering/fishing. The main problem with gathering/fishing is the storage space (from a f2p point of view).
    And of course get what you need for rings you intend to use.

4. Star Gems & FUN Points?
    Again personal preference. FUN has not much wide usage outside of FUN scratch and room items/lobby actions. Plus it is very easy to come by once you start doing lvl70+ content. You can convert 10*s and 11*s to Excubes, which can then be converted to FUN (it can also be converted to other stuff, and I believe the majority of players would advise against going for FUN through excubes). SG is more limited and it again should be used as you like. There is no correct way to use it.

6. Translation~
    Unfortunately I don't think there is an automated tool for translation of everything. If there was we would all be using it. There is an addon which allowed to translate chat from japanese to english and back I think.

Alright I think I've got it now, Thanks all~ :3