Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    TeFo just needs Element Conversion to not be main class only, and then they'd at least be fine as an alternative wind/dark/light caster class. Making that skill main class only was an incredibly boneheaded move that cemented Fo as a useless subclass, good only as a main for compound techs.
    While I agree that FO as a subclass is hardly workable, I don't think that would be the solution. If anything it would make FO obsolete, especially now we get several elements per skill tree. TE would just be as strong as FO, but with supports. It would also kill wand whacking even harder, which is bad, since SEGA specifically buffed wand melee skills to TE to prevent the class from becoming a pseudo FO.

TE issues have merely been higlighted by the patch, and they were always there to begin with (lack of bossing options, being over reliant on their subclasses, redundant and one-dimensional supports). And I'd rather have those issues fixed on the TE side, since subclasses, be it FO, BR,HU or FI shouldn't be providing things that TE itself is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I agree that FO as a subclass is hardly workable, I don't think that would be the solution. If anything it would make FO obsolete, especially now we get several elements per skill tree. TE would just be as strong as FO, but with supports. It would also kill wand whacking even harder, which is bad, since SEGA specifically buffed wand melee skills to TE to prevent the class from becoming a pseudo FO.

TE issues have merely been higlighted by the patch, and they were always there to begin with (lack of bossing options, being over reliant on their subclasses, redundant and one-dimensional supports). And I'd rather have those issues fixed on the TE side, since subclasses, be it FO, BR,HU or FI shouldn't be providing things that TE itself is lacking.
    What Techer could use is some Wand Melee PAs for wand whacking, to help it solve its Bossing dilemma and some specific skill tree skills and/or buffs. Like a skill that ties both Shifta/Deband together when you cast either, improving the buffs' duration to like 5+ mins and maybe a skill to give it a speed buff to casting, where FO can't receive if mained or subclassed to.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    What Techer could use is some Wand Melee PAs for wand whacking, to help it solve its Bossing dilemma
    lol, I thought the same thing when Techer came out. The lack of Wand PAs made TE be on the boring side, and then Bouncer came out, capable of using techniques and PAs and at that point I had less hope for TE. Sega seems to want TE to be a support focus class in a game where it would be welcomed but not a necessity.

I think there's sort of a catch-22 with Techer in the sense that they can't really give it buffs that aren't straight damage/utility buffs without skewing the TE meta (and by extension, the entire meta) in some way. Wand missed the PA train a long time ago, so no dice there. Buffs to its support utilities that are game-changers would invoke Character Select Forcing, which we already know was a huge mistake (pre-EP5 Ranger and Techer). Giving it a Skill that boosts Tech damage would more or less make it a FO clone that has a different weapon and can mob without wasting PP.

It also marks a problem with the game design in and of itself, since most of the game is balanced around being able to take pretty much any class and do content with it without having to rely on other players playing specific roles, but at the same time this makes some classes unviable because when everyone is capable, some classes are just straight up better than doing stuff than others.
    Last edited by Altiea; Sep 3, 2017 at 10:40 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I wish they'd just add weapons to the game to existing classes.
    Give TE a goddamn whip or something and a skill that removes enemy resistances to zondeel.
    Spoiler!

Honestly I think Wand smacking with Te is pretty balanced as it is and all Te really needs is to make their other -main-class weapon- (Talis) into one where they actually use. (So envisioning wand for mobs, Talis for bosses)

Imo the only thing Te really needs is just shifting Talis skills (Talis Bonus and Talis Throw Speed) from Fo tree to Te tree. Te tree doesn't really have that much skills to add so there's more than enough points to add to those anyway, and is a decent buff to Te/Br or Te/Fi. Bonus point if they make a Talis gear with some interesting effects.

What does Arks fever do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    TeFo just needs Element Conversion to not be main class only, and then they'd at least be fine as an alternative wind/dark/light caster class. Making that skill main class only was an incredibly boneheaded move that cemented Fo as a useless subclass, good only as a main for compound techs.
    Te/Fo wise, I think something that could work, instead of making element converstion not main class only, a Te main only skill that increases techs damage at close/mid range (I guess at most around gifoie range or something, and, maybe include wands explosions too)?
    Or a skill that increases techs damage depending on how close the Te is to an enemy, more damage at very close range,and the further away the enemy is, the lower the boost gets?

Something to buff caster Te/Fo while keeping Fo/Te with a different role and keeping it relevant.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Sep 4, 2017 at 06:50 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    lol, I thought the same thing when Techer came out. The lack of Wand PAs made TE be on the boring side, and then Bouncer came out, capable of using techniques and PAs and at that point I had less hope for TE. Sega seems to want TE to be a support focus class in a game where it would be welcomed but not a necessity.
    It's easy to make TE' support to be viable and a necessity: Just remove a plethora of buffs they give to all existing classes to where a 12/12 lv 80 party isn't steamrolling everything weak bullet or not. Buffs for maxxing a class, to certain pas and overall balance it a bit where shifta/deband does a bit more noticeable amount from a TE than without and/or on a class like BO or Hr.

Some of the buffs they gave to weapons and classes in the last couple years were wholly unnecassry imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    a Te main only skill that increases techs damage at close/mid range
    Applying the exact same philosophy of Gunner for Ranger (zero ranger) and Fighter for Hunter (snatch combat) in Techer for Force?
    There SEGA, there's your simplest, laziest, but concrete idea of how the class would actually work.

As for me, if SEGA really won't create brand new mechanics for Techer, I'd simply like to have a skill that can convert element masteries into something that can also be applied for melee attacks.

Not sure how would that work with a Te/Fo (Force's own masteries in particular) though.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Sep 4, 2017 at 07:53 AM.