Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    It's still one of Sega Japans best performing games if I am not mistaken. I am sure they will take it as far as they can. I honestly believe ep 10 is very realistic.

I imagine PSO 3 would just be PSO2 season 2 lol
    Yup, on their latest fiscal report it's still doing really well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by starwind75043 View Post
    It's still one of Sega Japans best performing games if I am not mistaken. I am sure they will take it as far as they can. I honestly believe ep 10 is very realistic.

I imagine PSO 3 would just be PSO2 season 2 lol
    Yup, according to their Q1 report, PSO2 is their highest performing digital game, and they said they plan to support PSO2 as one of their efforts to "maintain profits through long-term operation of existing titles" as part of their roadmap to 2020.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 5, 2017 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Yup, according to their Q1 report, PSO2 is their highest performing digital game, and they said they plan to support PSO2 as one of their efforts to "maintain profits through long-term operation of existing titles" as part of their roadmap to 2020.
    That's pretty much as expected. The game is still a competitor to FFXIV after all.

Nice accurate info. )b

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    I'm going to hold a very unpopular opinion - as much as I enjoy PSO2, if they do a PSO3, I'd rather they go back to the paid model. At least back then, when we were paying for this stuff, we got a more complete experience, AND we got proper meaningful updates. PSO2 was originally an experiment of "Can we do a high quality game for free"? We got our answer (yes), but it seems like after they got the answer, it seemed to be very lucrative for money, and they've been complacent about having to push out more meaningful updates (Ep5 story and in general is a lazy job - No more animated cutscenes, no new areas to explore, BQs are effectively just a giant square with texture of the month applied to it, etc.)

While PSNova is kind of the opposite in that you paid for it, I think the experience was better... but of course it didn't sell that well, because, money.
    While I agree with the others that it's not very likely to happen, I gotta say I share the same opinion. The content trickle leads to the power creep we've been seeing and, because there's no end-point, it's really quite difficult to maintain more than one character at a really good level.

Maybe this'll be an unpopular opinion too but I'd really like Sega to put Sonic Team back together and tell them to work the same magic they worked on the original PSO. That game's properly dated now, but boy was it good for it's time.

Given how well this game's gone, though, I reckon PSO3 (in whatever form) is inevitable, and probably with a much smaller waiting time than we had between PSO1 and PSO2. Of course, we'll have to see if it's gonna be an everywhere game, or another Japan only deal.

This is how I read the report. In Slide 15, comparing Q1 '17 to Q1 '18:

Q1 '17 MAU = 4.6 million. On the other hand, Q1 '18 MAU = 3.4 million. That means somewhere down the line, they lost 1.2 million active users compared to the same period in the previous year.

ARPMAU went from USD20 to USD25. Sounds good by itself, looks like each user is spending USD5 more per month. But they lost 1.2 million users, and usually the most hardcore players tend to spend more so the average would naturally increase. We also got quite a few monetization pushes compared to last year like mat storage, SG scratch, 30 scratch bonuses etc.

Share of top 3 titles dropped from 68% to 59%. The pie is already smaller when you multiply MAU by ARPMAU, yet PSO2's in the top 3 and the top 3 shrank relatively faster. So that's more proof.

Now, I don't deny that PSO2 performed strongly. Considering it's a 5 year old game, managing to hold its ground against strong competition like Dragon's Dogma Online, Monster Hunter Online and the Korean grinders is already really good. As long as they have a plan for the future, a slow, steady decline is nothing to worry about.

That said, I'm 100% convinced PSO2 is in decline. Again, nothing wrong as long as it ages gracefully and they have a plan for the future. I will stay as long as they make it worth staying, part of which entails fixing the totally shot up balance they have right now. I will also likely move on to the next PSO or PSU. Circle of life and all.
    Last edited by Selphea; Sep 6, 2017 at 08:42 AM.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    The free to play model is probably too lucrative for them to go back to the monthly paid model.
    They could have it free with the monthly players getting something special. Like moving from server to server with a party. Cheaper stuff and be able to hold more things.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by lostinseganet View Post
    They could have it free with the monthly players getting something special. Like moving from server to server with a party. Cheaper stuff and be able to hold more things.
    Isn't that the same as the Premium Set in a nutshell?
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Isn't that the same as the Premium Set in a nutshell?

Pretty Much.....

I treat Premium as a Monthly Subscription that I don't "have" to do
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Pretty Much.....

I treat Premium as a Monthly Subscription that I don't "have" to do
    Literally what it is.

Q1 '17 MAU = 4.6 million. On the other hand, Q1 '18 MAU = 3.4 million. That means somewhere down the line, they lost 1.2 million active users compared to the same period in the previous year.
    If their new report system gets abused, I wonder what will happen. If net uyoku types wind up getting a bunch of us foreigners banned, will that be a relatively large statistic?