Lord of the Apocalypse NightHour13's Avatar

Default Gunna play again (after 10 years)

Well, I was originally against it, perhaps for my integrity and perhaps on behalf of PSO-world but candid chat of private servers is now accepted and so I seek out a good one! Big population, Blue Burst, option for vanilla but also modes for x10, x50 and etc. I just want to finally get those level 30 spells with my FOmar and of course make my good ol' Vizous HUmar cuz who can pass up all those swords?!! Anyway, any suggestions, any veterans congregating somewhere a longtime loner all-time legend to rejoin his brothers in battle?

Edit: It seems eph's installer is infested so there goes that
    Last edited by NightHour13; Sep 4, 2017 at 09:48 PM.
    PSO Dreamcast, Gamecube and Blue Burst and on: Vizous; Level: Kick your ass

I was looking into that server as well, what's wrong with the installer?

Have you thought about playing the Gamecube version instead? Dolphin (GC EMU) has gotten the game to be extremely playable now. I'm looking for someone to play with online using the GC version.

I don't like Blue Burst because
    - The graphics aren't as good
    - The User Interface is really bad looking, it doesn't have the PSO font.
    - Boring, boring episode 4 with overpowered items.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericHUmar View Post
    Have you thought about playing the Gamecube version instead? Dolphin (GC EMU) has gotten the game to be extremely playable now. I'm looking for someone to play with online using the GC version.

I don't like Blue Burst because
    - The graphics aren't as good
    - The User Interface is really bad looking, it doesn't have the PSO font.
    - Boring, boring episode 4 with overpowered items.

The graphics are just as good (if not better) depending on which settings you use. And the draw distance is extended iirc. The UI's look is completely subjective, and can be changed to look however you want. So that's a moot point. I'm not a huge fan of episode 4 personally, but a lot of the new items are awesome imo.

Playing GC is handicapping yourself at this point. Less items, less people to play with. Pass.

Ephinea's latest update does have it getting picked up by some antivirus programs, but it's a false positive. I've played on schthack, ultima, eden, and ephinea over the past 8-9 years and ephinea is far and away the best server. Frequent updates and developers who are actually competent/give a shit >>
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Ah, thanks guys.

This, in particular was what I needed to hear, thank you SStriker. I feel the same in that though I played mainly on GC since Blue Burst didnt exist yet, years later I played BB and I have to agree with SStriker that they greatly improved the graphics and a sufficient video card will undoubtedly be able to run this game at max settings in all parameters! I mean it is years old by now *cough*...Anyway seriously thanks guys; if I hear from a trusted PSO player who I know has experience with what I expect from PSO and all the things that have to be right, and THEN the add ons, well I guess I can install with no fear now!

Just joined Ephinea myself tonight. Recently started a 3-person group with my brother and sister on our Gamecube, but figured that since I haven't played BB in a while (better part of a decade it feels), and since I'm taking a bit of a break from PSO2 for now, I'd hop aboard a rather widely praised server.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Well Im finally getting around to installing it since now I know its a bunch of false flags when it comes to hard nosed Norton flagging everything that moves...And I dare say i'd like to join a party with you Craig, or you Sstriker! I havent had a serious 4 sided kill fest in quite the while! Im not sure if I want to do sandbox mode so I can just get the gear I want and go nuts, or if I really want to give Eph's "vanilla" mode a try and re-live the real pioneer experience...Its almost scary! I was used to being alone for so long that I pretty much melded with Ruins 3 for a bit, lost in darkness, a forever battle searching for my friends who perished on Pioneer 1. Perhaps we'll all meet as old Hunters one more time =*)