Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Wow. You really don't understand the story, do you.
    To be fair, they don't go into the actual truth of the situation until later on. I honestly thought it was going to be another Sword Art Online / .hack / Log Horizon-styled story after that first mission as well. Hell - you the "big hero of the galaxy" could easily be written off as one of those characters as well.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo_Hoshi View Post
    Not sure if that was an insult but I find it convoluted as hell. I stand by my opinion though. I could go on a rant but I don't want to risk going off-topic
    I think TehCubey means that if you are stuck with the "it's a game in the game," then you didn't quite understand what was actually going on in the story. The PSO2 inside the game isn't a game-world created by the people of Earth that then became real, but rather an infiltration tool into the Oracle universe that Mother Cluster created to aid in Mother's plan for revenge against the Photoners. The way it works is more of a classic multiverse story with a bit of Ender's Game (in the sense that the "players" on Earth don't realize they are effecting an actual place) and James Cameron's Avatar (creating an alternate form to interact with "the natives" in their world) than Star Ocean 3.
    Last edited by Anduril; Sep 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I will say, though, that I think grade should be selectable once unlocked. For example, Free Mode will throw you into a random one. However, when I select a ranked match, let me pick Grade 1, 2, 3, or (if I meet the criteria) 3+. Then I'd be tempted to use my low-level characters in ranked matches to build up CF files without the fear of dragging 7 other people into the pit of uselessness with me.
    Aye. I got used to including a disconnect from one free level 1 match in my loop of free -> main -> free -> main etc, but I'd be glad not to have to do that. I doubt it's exactly screwed any team over, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I think TehCubey means that if you are stuck with the "it's a game in the game," then you didn't quite understand what was actually going on in the story. The PSO2 inside the game isn't a game-world created by the people of Earth that then became real, but rather an infiltration tool into the Oracle universe that Mother Cluster created to aid in Mother's plan for revenge against the Photoners. The way it works is more of a classic multiverse story with a bit of Ender's Game (in the sense that the "players" on Earth don't realize they are effecting an actual place) and James Cameron's Avatar (creating an alternate form to interact with "the natives" in their world) than Star Ocean 3.
    Yeah, that's sort of what I meant by that without going into spoilers. Though it's still treated like a game at the end of the day. It begs a whole lot of questions alone, though I maybe I'm looking at it way too deep at this point. Still not a fan of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo_Hoshi View Post
    Though it's still treated like a game at the end of the day.
    It's actually not. By the time the plot actually kicks off, that whole aspect of the story is kinda dropped.

It was still a terrible setup they use at the start which...kinda left people with a bad taste.
    test

I'm still annoyed by BQ players that use the Attack setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    It was still a terrible setup they use at the start which...kinda left people with a bad taste.
    Nowadays, I think the fact that they ultimately dropped that setup as soon as the story started and didn't do anything interesting with it is more of a sin than how bad the setup is. It was nothing more than just a convenient means to explain how a bunch of highschool kids straight out of a slice-of-life anime could make contact with ARKS without having to go into the nitty-gritty subject of making contact with an intelligent species that has never made alien contact before.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I freaking laughed so dang hard when we had to log into earth at the end of it all.

I dont care. this was all worth it just to setup that ridiculous moment.

I liked Episode 4 once it got the highschool stuff out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I'm still annoyed by BQ players that use the Attack setup.

Nowadays, I think the fact that they ultimately dropped that setup as soon as the story started and didn't do anything interesting with it is more of a sin than how bad the setup is. It was nothing more than just a convenient means to explain how a bunch of highschool kids straight out of a slice-of-life anime could make contact with ARKS without having to go into the nitty-gritty subject of making contact with an intelligent species that has never made alien contact before.
    My friend and I would use attack setups in Main Match Advance.

One time we had 3 attack setups. Still won. Who needs defense.