Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Well, there wasn't any EQ at the time, and no parties in any block. I tried going Main, and waited around half an hour, and never got anyone to join in. Aside from the "tutorial", I haven't advanced the story yet, because I need to win 1 BQ first. Except matching in the same/other blocks just reveals an empty list.
    You cannot search for an open BQ run from the quest list, they default to hidden unless a password have been put in.

You also cannot match with other blocks if you're in block 1 (and maybe 2) and probably any of the blocks starting from 36 to 45. Dunno about shared blocks.

Start a BQ, any BQ, in one of the difficulty blocks like Hard/Very Hard/Super Hard/etc. and drop down to the tent and wait. Turn off expert if you have it on.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think it's just 1, 44, and 45 and MAYBE 43 and 2 I am not sure

I got matched into a quest on 41 once and it filled up so it works there

you think EP5 is bad , EP4 is a blasfemy if you played other phantasy star games , also because of the great stuff EP1 to EP3 show up , a casual player would say : did they ran out of ideas ?

EP5 has just begun unlike EP4 which had bad boss raids , 2 free fields with low imagination with the enemies , a slothy executed UQ , i could continue for hours complaining about how sloth ep4 was .

the only good thing ep 4 give was the gathering and the rings which was the only thing that caused hype on me :/

We all know that new content is hard to create, but it seems that Sega is reducing the amount of new content per episode. We haven't got new ARKS Quests since Tokyo. EP3 Free explorations were one huge area and then one 4man small area with boss. EP4 Frees are smaller area and no dedicated boss area, which makes it even less predictable to farm a specific boss. EP5 hasn't had any Free area yet (and maybe it won't at all).

Regarding Hero and general class design, Sega gave players a huge leap of power creep in too little time. Not only that, but they also managed to make those green and blue bars at the bottom left of your screen almost entirely obsolete. Near-invulnerability with i-frames is becoming so easy to execute as players gain experience that for Sega to make enemies pose threat, they have to make all their attacks both instakill and at the same time apply Stun/Daze/Knockback/Knockdown. But even if someone is not yet experienced for that, fear not, one single Resta tick from someone who hasn't even crafted it instantly fullheals everyone it touches.

And the reason for all the above is the insistence on the "gogogo" mentality and the idea that waiting even 1 second for whatever reason is "bad game design"

The Hero or GTFO meta is getting more and more inconvenient for me by the day.

I mean, I get to be a tiny bit more stubborn in using my class since I can still chill out in the back and lob sparkly stuff even as Heroes rocket off to obliterate mobs (sometimes, even before they get there ) in a "Flash". But there's always this lingering sensation that you're never really welcome in any MPA if you're not a Hero.

This especially happens when I go run a few BQs, where every single wrong thing that will happen on the run would most likely be conveniently blamed "on that guy that didn't play Hero".

Im really really curious on what SEGA will announce on TGS, I bet it's gonna be a "13* Talis with pots for Hero and MORE costumes and accessories" and the "Free field? ARKs Quest? nope, no time for that, we are busy making MORE costumes"

but seriously, I hope SEGA listened to their player base, It's not like we're the only one who keeps bitching about EP5, right?

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    you think EP5 is bad , EP4 is a blasfemy if you played other phantasy star games , also because of the great stuff EP1 to EP3 show up , a casual player would say : did they ran out of ideas ?

EP5 has just begun unlike EP4 which had bad boss raids , 2 free fields with low imagination with the enemies , a slothy executed UQ , i could continue for hours complaining about how sloth ep4 was .

the only good thing ep 4 give was the gathering and the rings which was the only thing that caused hype on me :/
    I've played every game in the series except for Phantasy Star Gaiden and Phantasy Star Nova, and I thought the tone and style of Episode 4 was fitting.
    It's not even the first time our Earth was in the series.

Actually, the whole Mother story arc of Episode 4 was exactly like the original Phantasy Star II, everything was the same.

Being with amazing processing capabilities watches over the planet (Mother/Mother Brain), gets corrupted by Dark Falz, goes haywire, and the heroes defeat both Mother/Mother Brain and Falz, but surprise! Turns out the whole thing was a ploy by humans from the start, as the Earthlings/Adam intended to take advantage of the situation and use the Mother/Mother Brain+Falz power for their own plans.

Content wise Ep4 was kind of eh, but I enjoy the free fields and the Mother EQ was really fun and interesting, if just easier than I'd like.
    Deus is a bit boring gameplaywise, however I enjoy the aesthetic.

Also maybe I'm in the minority here, but I thought Amdu UQ was miles better than Lilipa/Naberius
    I prefer maps that are preset for stuff like this, the other two were basically run around chasing ecodes in a big circle. Honestly that felt lazier to me than Amdu UQ.
    Last edited by Zysets; Sep 11, 2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post

Also maybe I'm in the minority here, but I thought Amdu UQ was miles better than Lilipa/Naberius
    I prefer maps that are preset for stuff like this, the other two were basically run around chasing ecodes in a big circle. Honestly that felt lazier to me than Amdu UQ.
    Amdu UQ is actually really good, but SEGA did slight mistakes that ruined it to people's eyes (The time limit, the spawns being a bit too tame aside from final Anga room, and randomization being present, but not present enough, with only 5 rooms and 2 having a chance of getting something else than the good old happen). And then you add the obnoxious Gix file to make it another hate magnet.

I do agree it's real fun and the change of pace is nice tho. It really just needed a little bit of extra "oomph" to it !

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Amdu UQ is actually really good, but SEGA did slight mistakes that ruined it to people's eyes (The time limit, the spawns being a bit too tame aside from final Anga room, and randomization being present, but not present enough, with only 5 rooms and 2 having a chance of getting something else than the good old happen). And then you add the obnoxious Gix file to make it another hate magnet.

I do agree it's real fun and the change of pace is nice tho. It really just needed a little bit of extra "oomph" to it !
    I soloed that mission. Did you know the timer maxes out at 59:59?

Had to in order to try to fight Phaleg, only for her to kick my ass up one side and down the other. Go me!
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnikaSteinberg View Post
    The Hero or GTFO meta is getting more and more inconvenient for me by the day.

I mean, I get to be a tiny bit more stubborn in using my class since I can still chill out in the back and lob sparkly stuff even as Heroes rocket off to obliterate mobs (sometimes, even before they get there ) in a "Flash". But there's always this lingering sensation that you're never really welcome in any MPA if you're not a Hero.

This especially happens when I go run a few BQs, where every single wrong thing that will happen on the run would most likely be conveniently blamed "on that guy that didn't play Hero".
    I've been in BQs that fail that should have succeeded because even though they were higher-level Hero classes, the players flat-out sucked or didn't know how to do a Tower Defense game in Rank 3. Conversely, I've seen a BQ or two that I thought were doomed from the get-go - and almost did a few times - that had lower-leveled non-Hero classes in them.

If you know what you're doing and using the tools at your disposal, you'll do well. If you don't, then no amount of Hero will save you.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!