Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

If there's a cartridge, it's probably just for a premium edition with some item code, Mario hat and Master Sword camo anyone?

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    The complaints about it being stream are irrelevant for foreigners tbh, considering....this seems obvious for Japan's speedy internet only. Unless....some people over there have crappy network as well.
    Japan has dense cities, but I could imagine rural customers running into issues the same way they do anywhere else.

Amazing internet is not some kind of universal trait here (in Japan), despite the seeming general sentiment.

Yes, there are a lot of public hotspots [in Tokyo] such as train stations (the stations, not actually on the trains) or foreigner-dense areas (like shopping centers in Tokyo) but these types of places are not ones you're likely to see anybody on a Nintendo Switch, and especially not utilizing the the connection for a wifi-required game, as these connections are often pretty mediocre (10mb or less down and non-existent up).

Wifi-boxes are neat but a native Japanese person has no use for it. These are mostly a thing visitors and foreigners get/rent in order to mimic having a phone while they are in Japan, because most people use LINE to text, even nationally/locally.

Now in terms of internet you can have at home, yeah, it's pretty good if you pay for it. Fiber internet is obviously of pretty good quality, although none of the amazingly high numbers they promise are usually ever the actual case. They carefully say "up to" in almost all circumstances in which you're getting hikari internet (fiber optic).

What this means is that 1gig of down and 1gig of up is, 99% of the time, giving you anywhere from 75-200 down and similar for up, because fiber is actually forced to share its connection with everyone in your building who is also using fiber. So unless you're the only human in an apartment building using fiber, you're unlikely to ever experience what it's like to actually have a gig down and up as your consistent connection. None of this is to say that the internet isn't great compared to american options, but it's not the ridiculous chasm of greatness that seems to be presumed.

On the topic of PSO2 coming to switch, initially it has my interest because I do have a switch...but the fact that it's cloud is still a huge "wtf" considering the game runs on the vita and nobody cares about that console.

Japan or not, this is a really, extremely odd decision by them to make it a streaming-only accessible game.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Sep 29, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

I honestly think that PSO2 Switch being cloud-based is just Sega either being really lazy and cheap to do a proper, or that PSO2's successor is not far of (is PSO2 still making a ton of money?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    I honestly think that PSO2 Switch being cloud-based is just Sega either being really lazy and cheap to do a proper, or that PSO2's successor is not far of (is PSO2 still making a ton of money?).
    Hey, Switch only has 32 Gigs of memory

PSO3 or whatever it'll turn out to be is some way off yet most likely. If I were to pull numbers out of my ass, we might see mentions of alpha testing in like 3 -4 years.

Yea!But will the USA get this or will we get left out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Saligun View Post
    not sure if sarcasm but stop asking about a US version.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Saligun View Post
    Make a Japanese NNID on your Switch and download it from the Japanese eShop. That's the closest you're gonna get.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I'll be sure to update the original post with any missing and new information tomorrow.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.