Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I think it works for Japan because japanese internet isn't a bunch of noodles tied in knots across an entire continent.
    I hear it's just one big mega-ultra-knot there; Japan ISP do not adhere to global standards or something, which is how that whole situation after the DDoS attack happened. SoJ's ISP altered the IP addresses of the servers to something the global standards are set to ignore completely, kind of "smart" on their end, but it's like cutting off your own arm just to fix a hangnail on your pinky finger

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I hear it's just one big mega-ultra-knot there; Japan ISP do not adhere to global standards or something, which is how that whole situation after the DDoS attack happened. SoJ's ISP altered the IP addresses of the servers to something the global standards are set to ignore completely, kind of "smart" on their end, but it's like cutting off your own arm just to fix a hangnail on your pinky finger
    Not surprising. Japan still has folks who reject the idea that the world is bigger than their nation alone (not to mention Sega of Japan seems to look down on the other branches as well, like a snobby ass oujo-sama who clearly needs a wake-up beating).

Of course, considering that my nation (the USA) still has people who think China = all of Asia, I may or may not have any right to be snapping at Japan for this.

Either way...

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    At least we know where the ep5 budget went now.
    The EP5 budget was simply SEGA's execs realizing they could make more mawnies if they took a mobile format and nickle and dimed their playerbase. After all, dem otakus LOVE splurging on their anime waifus via Gachapon, right? You see it in other "mobile" games - it worked there, so it MUST work here, right?

.... God I hate having to mock corporations sometimes - even if I feel it's fucking necessary.

I am not in Japan which should be great having this in there, so not approve!

I hope this thing isn't gonna pull back any potential content they could've done with the game but....whatever.
    test

Well, if we're to look on the bright side, you can download... er, this, by just having a Japanese NNID. In theory, it should be the same deal as Monster Hunter XX, the demo of which people were able to download by having a Japanese NNID.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

It sounds stupid only to me? Like, why cloud? Vita could handle the game client, switch should be able too. And if they gonna invent a cloud, why not make available to other platforms too?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think SoJ is still mad at SoA for that whole thing with the 32X and Saturn kinda competing against each other

I mean you could play it outside of Japan perhaps... though even if you could you'd have to put up with 200ms+ of input lag and stream delay if you're in the west so good luck playing with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    ew god oh why? bad enough we have to share servers with PS4 players that are normally awful
    PC player's are usually the one posting hentai and praising Hitler in B1
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    It sounds stupid only to me? Like, why cloud? Vita could handle the game client, switch should be able too. And if they gonna invent a cloud, why not make available to other platforms too?
    The Vita version requires a 32GB memory card to play without a Game Card, and that's with super downgraded graphics and stuff. The Switch only has 32GB internal memory period, so...

EDIT: Apparently Dragon Quest Heroes already doesn't fit on the internal memory, so you've got me there.
    Last edited by Altiea; Sep 13, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]