Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Well, I was hoping to see more "colorful" classes on player list after the buff .... so, yea, a bit down when I found no other classes haha
    They did say that all non-hero classes could outdamage hero as long as you put in the effort. Very few people want to put in that extra effort, and given the actual output of hero with the minimum effort put into using the actual class, I don't see this changing any time soon.

Any more improvements to the non-hero classes, and they'll most likely have defeated the reason hero even exists in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Whaaa I play FoFi! Especially with Lightning and Ice buffs and double element builds being viable.
    How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    They did say that all non-hero classes could outdamage hero as long as you put in the effort. Very few people want to put in that extra effort, and given the actual output of hero with the minimum effort put into using the actual class, I don't see this changing any time soon.

Any more improvements to the non-hero classes, and they'll most likely have defeated the reason hero even exists in the first place.
    This is the reason I'm at least sticking with running all my characters as Hero for TAXQCOs; while using the other classes at least brings back some variety, I would rather just mindlessly use Hero to get them done quickly instead of needing to actually pay attention to what I'm doing.
    Other than that, I am going to be using other class combos again since I really missed the variety.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Oh?
    I thought that effort thingy already applied to classes even before current balance (current patch just ease out the effort needed) o-o

I see .... well, I did saw people posting "colorful" classes yesterday on Twitter, so, I thought I'd see the same (since I can't really play the game after last maintenance, just checking Gu's balance then logged off) o-o

Oh well, then .....
    Last edited by final_attack; Sep 28, 2017 at 09:14 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

They did say that all non-hero classes could outdamage hero as long as you put in the effort.
    not even remotely possible with techer. like the whole idea of a techer outdamaging anything much less hero is so completely out there, hard to say what game "they" might be playing because it's definitely not pso2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    How does it work?
    It works by doing an itty bitty more damage (might not even be true anymore) than fo/te against trash in a guruguru setting but on the other hand completely worthless against bosses.

How does it work?
    FoTe only gets 1.2x on weak element, and typically a 1.2x weakness on the enemy itself for 1.44x. Strictly speaking, its multiplicative damage is pretty bad. Its strength is PP management with PP Restorate and PPC.

However, Ice and Lightning are by design more PP efficient than Fire and Light. FoFi also gets 1.725x on TAJA techs. That means FoFi non-weak element, with only 15% Element Conversion can still hit harder than FoTe with TAJA, which also gives PP Save. The current best in slot is Qliphad and there's a ton of combo PP/ATK affixes so PP is less of an issue than it was in Ep3 to 4.

As for how the elements work, with Ice, you alternate cast Gibarta and Rabarta ahead of mobs, so that they run into it similar to Gifoie. Against bosses, Ilbarta.

With Lightning, throw a Talis and alternate cast Zondeel Razonde, or Rod Gizonde Gibarta depending on situation. Gibarta hitstops mobs, which sets up Gizonde. Against bosses, the Nazonde buff makes it decent if it moves too fast for Zonde-0. Nazonde can be used instead of Ilbarta too, if the boss doesn't let you cast 7 times.

All you really need is Lightning Rod/Talis and Ice Rod/Talis. The exception is Lilipa UQ and raid bosses, since they tend to have higher resists against non-weak.

Adding on to above, the other big reason why FoTe was preferred before Ep4 aside from pp management was because the Fo meta was about spamming compound techs ad infinitum. Ever since the cd has been added, Fo/Te has always been in an awkward position between FoFi/FoBr and TeFi/TeBr in terms of tech nuking

also
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Yeah, I did notice the speed changes. It's the damage difference I had little way of figuring out since I never took the time to level a non weak hit ring.
    It's actually pretty straightforward.
    Launcher ring used to make the 1.35 x 1.35 = 1.8225x multiplier of WHA into an unconditional multiplier
    Now most launchers PAs literally gained an 1.8x multiplier on their powers, and launcher ring adds another unconditional 1.15 x 1.15 = 1.3225x multiplier on top of that, so it's a pretty big buff no matter how you look at it
    Last edited by escarlata; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    FoTe only gets 1.2x on weak element, and typically a 1.2x weakness on the enemy itself for 1.44x. Strictly speaking, its multiplicative damage is pretty bad. Its strength is PP management with PP Restorate and PPC.

However, Ice and Lightning are by design more PP efficient than Fire and Light. FoFi also gets 1.725x on TAJA techs. That means FoFi non-weak element, with only 15% Element Conversion can still hit harder than FoTe with TAJA, which also gives PP Save. The current best in slot is Qliphad and there's a ton of combo PP/ATK affixes so PP is less of an issue than it was in Ep3 to 4.

As for how the elements work, with Ice, you alternate cast Gibarta and Rabarta ahead of mobs, so that they run into it similar to Gifoie. Against bosses, Ilbarta.

With Lightning, throw a Talis and alternate cast Zondeel Razonde, or Rod Gizonde Gibarta depending on situation. Gibarta hitstops mobs, which sets up Gizonde. Against bosses, the Nazonde buff makes it decent if it moves too fast for Zonde-0. Nazonde can be used instead of Ilbarta too, if the boss doesn't let you cast 7 times.

All you really need is Lightning Rod/Talis and Ice Rod/Talis. The exception is Lilipa UQ and raid bosses, since they tend to have higher resists against non-weak.
    Uhuh, so it's kinda like FoBr, use one-two elements and buff em with stances.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    It's actually pretty straightforward.
    Launcher ring used to make the 1.35 x 1.35 = 1.8225x multiplier of WHA into an unconditional multiplier
    Now most launchers PAs literally gained an 1.8x multiplier on their powers, and launcher ring adds another unconditional 1.15 x 1.15 = 1.3225x multiplier on top of that, so it's a pretty big buff no matter how you look at it
    I guess I didn't expect them to buff the damage of Launcher PAs to such levels, when most other weapons barely got any change in that regard afaik. It does make some sense to compensate for launchers the most, just not to that degree. But as a result I agree, it's a no brainer.

Uhuh, so it's kinda like FoBr, use one-two elements and buff em with stances.
    Additionally, I find it has good synergy with Nabarta, especially it's type 0 since it's cheaper when tapped. It allows to get an extremely quick JA frame into a tech affected by TAJA and TAJA PP save, at a 10 to 12 PP cost depending how quickly you tap.
    Considering the cold reception of Nabarta type 0 here though, I might be among the only ones who use it that way

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I considered it, but right now I lack a decent lightning weapon for force. had a quilphad rod drop and made that my ice weapon, and I -did- just finish a 2nd quilphad talis even though I think I might not really need it for my hero character if the haloween talis is on par with bullet kunai. so I might make that my lightning weapon; I guess im just not big on the idea of using z0nde from it

I did use nabarta0 for TAJA stuff while playing bonk+tech te/fi though