Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Bouncer, and especially boots, are still as trash as they were before the patch. Since they offer nothing over hero and every other melee class also got mass buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Wait, what?! Bouncer's Jet Boots really got buffed that much?! I mean, I saw their list of buffs for the Sept. 27 balance patch, and it didn't seem that drastic compared to Gunners and Bravers (unless I'm missing something?).

Care to elaborate, please, Zephyrion? That portion of your comment has really left me very intrigued.
    zeph jb only solo, video is moon phase
    Spoiler!

solo pd jb only 5:20
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by milranduil; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It's still mechanically clunky compared to the other melee classes, but the Boots buffs essentially amounts to a straight numbers and consistency buff, with an extra (yet desperately needed) speed buff for Vinto. It's a very plain buff, but the buff was substantial enough to put Boots in reasonable competition with most standard melee weapons (ignoring Fighter).
    Interesting! Thanks for the insight, Altiea!

I haven't played Bouncers in a really long time, so I don't even know if Technic -> Technic -> Vinto Gue is still a viable bossing combo...

I'm pretty sure the meta game for Jet Boots has changed, post-Sept. 27 patch; therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Gran Wave -> Moment Gale (or Strike Gust) -> Vinto Gue is better now.

Edit: I just saw milranduil's post, so I'll check out the videos now~
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Interesting! Thanks for the insight, Altiea!

I haven't played Bouncers in a really long time, so I don't even know if Technic -> Technic -> Vinto Gue is still a viable bossing combo...

I'm pretty sure the meta game for Jet Boots has changed, post-Sept. 27 patch; therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Gran Wave -> Moment Gale (or Strike Gust) -> Vinto Gue is better now.

Edit: I just saw milranduil's post, so I'll check out the videos now~
    basically it's tech -> few normals -> vinto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Bouncer, and especially boots, are still as trash as they were before the patch. Since they offer nothing over hero and every other melee class also got mass buffs.
    yeah same
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by milranduil; Oct 10, 2017 at 11:02 PM.

Those videos don't necessarily prove me wrong, and this is a multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Those videos don't necessarily prove me wrong, and this is a multiplayer game.
    how can you say bouncer is trash when it clears some of the hardest content in the game at the same speed as fi or hero?

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    basically it's tech -> few normals -> vinto
    Awesome! Thanks for the info, milranduil~
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

how can you say bouncer is trash when it clears some of the hardest content in the game at the same speed as fi or hero?
    if you ignore evidence that proves you wrong then it disappears!

---

anyway bow is fun
    torrential arrow is usable now and thats all i really ever wanted
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

Because other things got buffed that already outclassed Bouncer pre-patch, which doesn't make any of their buffs special in the slightest. It is still "that other melee class that still comes close to FI and HR sometimes" yet matches them in no way, offers no useful utility in majority of the quests, and still has to match element to not lose a chunk of damage.

And the difficulty of this game has definitely lessened after that patch with damage boosts across the board, so standards should be much higher as well. 5 min solo PD and being a second away from timing out on zephyros is whatever now. Flow of fights in multiparty is faster now, so even the speed boost on vinto is not enough. Barely any mid-range presence, mobbing PAs/combos that brightness end/divine launcher can outpace with ease, and movement PAs are still sorta clunky. Also, shit bursting ability compared to BBow and less flexible compared Hero sword WA (another melee weapon). It just simply loses to a lot of things while offering nothing in return. The patch did not help the class's situation at all, it just cemented it as a mediocre class that's only fun to play.

An average Hero is still more respectable than a good Bouncer because the former at least have a lot more room to improve and contribute better to MPAs.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Oct 11, 2017 at 01:03 AM.

None of that says that Bo or JB is trash.

It does say that JB/BO is on the lower end of the bell curve but as far as I know, still being able to beat some of the hardest content in the game solo is a good disqualifier for being trash.