Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

really, I would be less concerned with the person who knows how to play bonucer well enough to solo ult amdu quickly, and more concerned with your average pubbie that spends their entire pp bar on a single rising slash, then uses sword basic attacks until they are full on pp again

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    friendly reminder: Don't feed trolls. Just treat them like they don't exist and they'll slowly go back to their cave.

anyways, is DB Bo good now? I tried it the other day but it still feels.....weak.... aside from normals cause that clearly got buffed. But the overall gameplay seems somewhat the same from before.
    Damage-wise, it's average right now. Not Hero or Fighter, but not Techer or Summoner either. Mechanically, you need a rainbow set to be average, and manage cooldowns and Gear with Kestrel 0 and don't have much ranged outside of blade throw. Of course, you could go single weapon and be below average if you want too. So...

Playable and viable? Yes
    Troublesome? Yes
    Fun? You need to decide for yourself.

So a thought crossed my mind. even thought they're going to make stances function as single skills, they might not actually BECOME single skills. The change might just be for the convenience of only needing one subpallet slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    So a thought crossed my mind. even thought they're going to make stances function as single skills, they might not actually BECOME single skills. The change might just be for the convenience of only needing one subpallet slot.
    That's what I assume as well since there doesn't seem to be any mention of combining them into a single skill, just that they are making them into a passive/active pair. I doubt they would do anything that could potentially save 15-20SP per class that this effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Damage-wise, it's average right now. Not Hero or Fighter, but not Techer or Summoner either. Mechanically, you need a rainbow set to be average, and manage cooldowns and Gear with Kestrel 0 and don't have much ranged outside of blade throw. Of course, you could go single weapon and be below average if you want too. So...

Playable and viable? Yes
    Troublesome? Yes
    Fun? You need to decide for yourself.
    Basically this.

While I don't agree completely with Xaelouse; he basically does have a point that Bo doesnt really have anything that makes it stand out in a noticable fashion.

It doesnt outsupport Te with its fields and JB-Shift actions.
    It doesnt outdamage Fi or Hu or Gu with PBF, Krestral, and Vinto.
    It doesnt outcast Fo with JB casting.
    It doesnt outmob Br with moment gale or shrike.

It just does a bunch of things at an acceptable level.

But like Selphea said, you have to deal with everything that Bo is made up with to even reach that theoretical level of average performance in the first place.

Rainbow Set DB for max consistency when it comes to damage.
    Stance Dance for optimal damage in the odd situations where breakables come into play.
    The need to feed your JB gear with techs just to reach max vinto damage.
    The need to constantly upkeep shifta and deband for max pp regeneration and damage to offset the PP-Hungry costs of its PAs and really, really mediocre general multipliers that arent tied to weapon specific actives/multis.

The list goes on. The class is very clunky. It's a lot of work for so-so rewards compared to the likes of BrHu and FiHu and Hr.

Personally, I think that FiBo is significantly better than BoHu for a handful of reasons.
    Most notably, you basically lose nothing by subbing Bo and gain 2 huge multipliers by maining Fi. Losing main class boost and losing Break Stance D Bonus is nothing.

So no, I dont think that Bo is garbage/trash, but I do feel like it doesnt really offer anything stand out and that's prob why Xaelouse thinks its trash in the first place.

As far as I know, I've never seen anyone get upset over the lack of Bo in their MPA.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Oct 11, 2017 at 10:13 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

man if my ledran bursts dealing 40-60k per hit is below average then idk what is good even

hits for more on super weakpoints like golem heads

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Personally, I think that FiBo is significantly better than BoHu for a handful of reasons.
    Most notably, you basically lose nothing by subbing Bo and gain 2 huge multipliers by maining Fi. Losing main class boost and losing Break Stance D Bonus is nothing.
    I wonder, actually. Main class is + 21% these days. Also Fi main hinders your ability to use both weapons unless you have a pure DEX mag(and live in the future) since J boots strike is main class... Hu tree also has better utility stuff.

EDIT: Never mind, rare mastery isn't for main class weapon types only. Old misconception of mine probably.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Oct 11, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

Does anyone not take cost into account with bo. A hero will make do with a good sword and shit tmg/talis for utility. A fi, hu and br only need one of each class wep. Meanwhile our stripclub guard needs multiple dual blades to not lose dmg and a pair of heels and it still loses dmg when more than two element weakness appear at one time (and lets not talk about changing weapon everytime the element changes). You essentially pay more (both meseta and time) for less. Srs go play braver, its better and less of a hassle.

Also, id like to see if a similar result was achieved in a quest with more than one element, lets say the special lqs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Only thing I don´t get is why ranger got nerfed in DPS vs bosses. Used to deal around 31k per tick using parallel slider vs a rock bear (With WB mark). Now it went down to 21k. The effectiveness to mobbing was increased overall by 50% i´d say though.

I just think the -40% damage from weak hit adv was too much. Should be tweaked up from 15% to 25% per skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I wonder, actually. Main class is + 21% these days. Also Fi main hinders your ability to use both weapons unless you have a pure DEX mag(and live in the future) since J boots strike is main class... Hu tree also has better utility stuff.

EDIT: Never mind, rare mastery isn't for main class weapon types only. Old misconception of mine probably.
    You can use Fi weapons as back up weapons if you feel JBs wont cut it. A light FI weapon covers a super majority of the situations you would need a back up weapon for DB.

I personally carry around JBs because I like the weapon but real talk; just carry around a DS as FiBo and your fine.

And yeah it's only 1.1x for main class thank god.

EDIT: And yeah, Hu sub has utility, but I dont feel like its super necessary considering Technics.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Oct 12, 2017 at 12:13 AM.