Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

i only tried gu after those balance patches and all i played since ep5 was hero, gu feels so damn clunky
    ill maybe play gu for the level 75 title, other than that it feels seriously not nice to play
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    It works by doing an itty bitty more damage (might not even be true anymore) than fo/te against trash in a guruguru setting but on the other hand completely worthless against bosses.
    no its not a itty bitty more than FoTe. It's a substantial amount as its been and the gap is bigger due to the buffs in technics. And FoFi isnt useless against all bosses. You can't really take it to Wind/Dark/Light weak bosses, but Fire/Ice/Bolt Bosses are just fine with FoFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Whaaa I play FoFi! Especially with Lightning and Ice buffs and double element builds being viable.
    Not like I would know because i practically never see you in game!

Also you forgot to mention PPC Ring!
    Last edited by GHNeko; Sep 28, 2017 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I guess I didn't expect them to buff the damage of Launcher PAs to such levels, when most other weapons barely got any change in that regard afaik. It does make some sense to compensate for launchers the most, just not to that degree. But as a result I agree, it's a no brainer.
    That's the Cycle of Launcher

Launcher is shit -> Sega increases its speed and power -> Launcher is OP -> Power creep and speed creep -> Launcher gets neglected -> Launcher is shit
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    no its not a itty bitty more than FoTe. It's a substantial amount as its been and the gap is bigger due to the buffs in technics. And FoFi isnt useless against all bosses. You can't really take it to Wind/Dark/Light weak bosses, but Fire/Ice/Bolt Bosses are just fine with FoFi.
    There's no Fire/Ice raid boss if Elder shows up, FoFi Wise Stance is hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    There's no Fire/Ice raid boss if Elder shows up, FoFi Wise Stance is hilarious though.
    At least we have Dark Falz Apprentice. FeelsBadMan

Speaking of subclass Fighter, and we all received an All Skill Tree Reset pass -- which stance should we opt for?

Now that both stance-penalties are relaxed, can we solely rely on Wise Stance (since hitting the wrong side vs. Brave Stance isn't so bad, compared to it being vice versa)?

Or, should we allocate those additional skill points into maxing out both stances?
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    They did say that all non-hero classes could outdamage hero as long as you put in the effort. Very few people want to put in that extra effort, and given the actual output of hero with the minimum effort put into using the actual class, I don't see this changing any time soon.

Any more improvements to the non-hero classes, and they'll most likely have defeated the reason hero even exists in the first place.
    Unless I'm misremembering, that's not true. During the Arks Live on 9/2 they said the balance changes were made to help close the gap between Hero and the other classes, but they made pretty clear that a normal class being played well will not evenly match a Hero being played well. They even went so far as to say having a majority of the playerbase playing Hero is what they wanted, though the survey (which showed a majority found the game's balance prior to 9/27 was not good) seems to suggest that's not what the playerbase wants.

I'd need to check the TGS stream again to be certain, but I do recall Sakai saying he may reconsider his stance on Hero if people continue to make a big enough fuss, but I very much doubt he'd go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Speaking of subclass Fighter, and we all received an All Skill Tree Reset pass -- which stance should we opt for?

Now that both stance-penalties are relaxed, can we solely rely on Wise Stance (since hitting the wrong side vs. Brave Stance isn't so bad, compared to it being vice versa)?

Or, should we allocate those additional skill points into maxing out both stances?
    You can't even hit most bosses from behind most of the time. So either Brave only, or both for stance dancing.

Not sure why there is any question on choice of stance for Fi sub. You literally have enough skill points to max out both stances, along with all 3 of striking up and still have skills points leftover.
    As for Fi main though, apparently you can't max both stance with their stance crits, so it's still probably preferable to just skip Wise.
    Last edited by escarlata; Sep 29, 2017 at 05:22 AM.

Hmm... Always thought FoTe was superior to FoFi but man, I hate the difference in dmg it brings if what your saying is true (still staying with FoTe though NoHybrids for me). Kinda sucks a pure tech build loses out to damage to a mixed hybrid though. >.>;