Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Hmm... Always thought FoTe was superior to FoFi but man, I hate the difference in dmg it brings if what your saying is true (still staying with FoTe though NoHybrids for me). Kinda sucks a pure tech build loses out to damage to a mixed hybrid though. >.>;
    Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Hmm... Always thought FoTe was superior to FoFi but man, I hate the difference in dmg it brings if what your saying is true (still staying with FoTe though NoHybrids for me). Kinda sucks a pure tech build loses out to damage to a mixed hybrid though. >.>;
    Only true to an extent. FoTe Foie and FoFi Barta are parallel. FoTe Rafoie and FoFi Zonde or Sabarta too. But there's no equivalent of Ragrants and Light is a fairly universal weakness on most important enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    no its not a itty bitty more than FoTe. It's a substantial amount as its been and the gap is bigger due to the buffs in technics. And FoFi isnt useless against all bosses. You can't really take it to Wind/Dark/Light weak bosses, but Fire/Ice/Bolt Bosses are just fine with FoFi!
    I used to do all these builds back before interesting subclassing got burned down by sega and after you've lost your PP from your initial burst you're done as anything but a Te sub. Maybe the pp ring or some new affixes that have come out since then help a bit but if you have to switch to gunslash or whatever to recover pp you've already lost in dps to a Te sub so it's pretty pointless.
    Also fire is pretty mediocre for bossing, I remember lightning doing no damage, and being completely worthless against some bosses like the dragons because of their resists. I even tried an uncharged build with the boots of seraphy (back when they were relevant) and it was still worthless.
    Ice is probably still ok but if it wasn't worth going Fo/Br for in the day then it surely isn't worth going Fo/Fi for now.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    I used to do all these builds back before interesting subclassing got burned down by sega and after you've lost your PP from your initial burst you're done as anything but a Te sub. Maybe the pp ring or some new affixes that have come out since then help a bit but if you have to switch to gunslash or whatever to recover pp you've already lost in dps to a Te sub so it's pretty pointless.
    Also fire is pretty mediocre for bossing, I remember lightning doing no damage, and being completely worthless against some bosses like the dragons because of their resists. I even tried an uncharged build with the boots of seraphy (back when they were relevant) and it was still worthless.
    Ice is probably still ok but if it wasn't worth going Fo/Br for in the day then it surely isn't worth going Fo/Fi for now.
    Don't forget the recent Rod Shoot buff and huuuuge Lightning/Ice buffs at the start of Ep5, like Nazonde was buffed to more than double of Ep4 damage and Barta cast time was almost halved while damage almost doubled. You'll need way less PP to do the same damage as before and PP regens a lot faster. PPC ring helps too of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    You can't even hit most bosses from behind most of the time. So either Brave only, or both for stance dancing.
    That's true...

I was thinking about those rare situations, where you can't agro a crowd of mobs or boss(es), in an MPA setting (Ultimate Amduscia, Buster Quest, Mining Base series, score-based EQs etc).

Regardless, I rather opt for Brave Stance, then having both, since stance-juggling is rather annoying and forgettable (especially during the heat of a battle).

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Not sure why there is any question on choice of stance for Fi sub. You literally have enough skill points to max out both stances, along with all 3 of striking up and still have skills points leftover.
    As for Fi main though, apparently you can't max both stance with their stance crits, so it's still probably preferable to just skip Wise.
    I mean, it's a legitimate question for folks that are A) relatively new to the game, or B) don't keep up with the current cookie-cutter builds/meta-game. I'm positive that were some (non-)PSO-World members that shared the same concern; they just weren't being vocal about it.

Plus, we only got one All Skill Tree Reset pass, therefore, if you screw it up -- then what?! You'll have to wait until for another skill adjustments/balance patch -- let alone, EP VI to arrive?! Well, that's a super, duper negative on that one...

All for all, it's better to be safe than sorry, hence the reason why I asked that "silly" question. With that being said, thanks for the information, escarlata.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Also the big thing is, everybody is taking fire and Light as an example when they think PP consumption. Those two shine with TE sub because of how PP intensive they are in general. Lightining with PP Save, on the other hand, is incredibly sustainable, so you don't even need PP Restore/Convert to keep dishing on damage. As for Ice, the slow charge times make it that much easier to sustain, even without TE sub. Only Ilbarta is PP intensive, and even then it's better on a FO/BR or FO/FI because you want that last hit to hit as hard as possible rather than be able to do several chains in a row for most content
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Another part of why FoFi is so much more viable post Ep5 is really due to how much Ragrants has fallen off from being the holy grail of all techs. It is still the strongest tech dps-wise (I think) but when you take away its ability to give a Barant every 10 sec, the newly buffed Ice and Lightning techs become infinitely more appealing with their slightly lower dps yet significantly higher dppp

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Plus, we only got one All Skill Tree Reset pass, therefore, if you screw it up -- then what?! You'll have to wait until for another skill adjustments/balance patch -- let alone, EP VI to arrive?! Well, that's a super, duper negative on that one...
    I don’t mean to sound condescending but the /Fi sub tree is impossible to mess up. Maybe for Fi/ main trees there is an actual trade off to consider but /Fi sub only needs 41 skill points for all core skills (brave stance(up)/taja(pps)/pp slayer) and you honestly don’t lose too much even if you just save the remaining 53 points. I mean in perspective, you can be level 20 and have the majority of your multipliers from a /Fi sub
    Last edited by escarlata; Sep 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

A Rod Shoot Ring is actually really good for regenerating PP as FoFi simply because that you regenerate PP per enemy hit. Considering the huge buff to Rod shoot now, I'd go as far to say that FoFi doesnt have any regen problems for mobbing and sustain on bosses is substantially easier.

Fire is more than mediocre for bossing on FoFi just because of all the fire buffs, specifically to Foie and Nafoie which would be your premier taja loop during boss encounters. Ponthi put out a video of bossing with rod in lilipa UQ and he was gettin 180k Nafoies with FoBr. Yeah enemies are weak to fire but you're still hitting around 130k on Nafoie alone on non weak enemies with Rod FoBr. I'm not going to say Fire is amazing for bossing, but it's good unless the enemy has substantial non-weak tech resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Don't forget the recent Rod Shoot buff and huuuuge Lightning/Ice buffs at the start of Ep5, like Nazonde was buffed to more than double of Ep4 damage and Barta cast time was almost halved while damage almost doubled. You'll need way less PP to do the same damage as before and PP regens a lot faster. PPC ring helps too of course.
    But which element is best now for FoFi in general. :eyes:

fi buffs feeling real good
    Spoiler!

https://twitter.com/sala_spit_g/stat...868944384?s=09 comparing mobility from various PA/techs