Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

such can be said about life

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    As an English-speaking non-Japanese player, as soon as any sort of a "false flag" is done against my account for any reason, that's it. I'm done. The money I spent on the game? Down the drain.
    It'd still go down the drain with a NA/EU server, since I don't see it going for more than a year.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

opened http://www.pso2.com/us ... ah, it still works... even the Facebook page... :^)

Just a glimpse of false hope you guys have been waiting (still) for 5 years.

My problem with western releases are not the developers, but the publishers.

Do you really want to trust
    Aeria Games
    My.Com
    SEGA OF AMERICA

with publishing a Japanese game in the U.S?

SEGA stopped publishing a lot in the U.S and Europe due to the fact a lot of their stuff bombed in the West between 2006 and 2011. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me. They have also proven that while they have the resources, they simply do not have the personnel, or skill to handle a global game. At least when I play FF XIV (also a jpn game), there are data centers in North America, Europe, and Japan (to have its playerbase happy and with good ping).

Do I desire and wish for a language localization and possibly Localization Rights?

I saw how SoA handled Phantasy Star Online - 1 and Phantasy Star Universe here. I did not like it. I can not believe that any localization in the States would give us a complete 1: 1 game without it being butchered somehow. Not to mention that there isn't a guarantee of a perfect or good translation to exist either in the West...

The model as well would have to be changed.
    When Black Desert Online was released in the West, its business model and game design were altered to fit B2P standards as the original game was released in Korea as an F2P. The director of the game claimed that Westerners are so afraid of F2P being part of the label of a game due to P2W standards (which are common cultural trends in Korea and China to pay for everything as a way of life) that the only way to make it in the west is to adapt a game to western culture..

I think for PSO-2 to be successful in the west and not bomb in the way that PSU-NA/EU (PC Version) is to actually make the game appealing to westerners instead of the typical "here is our cut and butchered game without most of the content... deal with it!" attitude..

I remember having much better response time in PSU-JP than in PSU-NA/EU due to servers in Japan being far better than the super shitty American servers that had frequent crashes. Remember all of those times that the login servers crashed, forcing players to remain logged in for the entire night because if they logged out, they wouldn't be able to log in? That was brutal and nightmarish....

Anyhow...
    Phantasy Star has a special place in my life.

It helped me a lot in my weaknesses in Japanese as a language and eventually my reading/writing improved to the point I was able to begin reading/translating Japanese research slowly. I also fell for the characters and especially the music to the point i learned a lot on my Guitar, Bass, and Keyboard. Some of course hyper-versions of the music. PSO-2 is the first Phantasy Star game where the graphics to me kept getting closer and closer to life-like anime, and the characters are a work of art, but a lot of toxic behavior exists from both, SEGA and its updates, along with the community and their endless complaints (some of them have merit, others are plain banter), which keep me from playing further this iteration of the series.

I just really feel that in every gaming experience I've had where the Developer and Publisher were not the same to a game... the experience has been subpar to the original for me....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

People shouldn't be begging Sega to bring the game west, they should be ripping them apart for going through the trouble of making an English site and then never giving us a product over here.

Regardless of whether the site is appealing or not, they still went through the effort of putting it together, and then they don't even have the balls to confirm a cancellation. While I do think people should give up the ghost at this point...this is partly on Sega as well.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    People shouldn't be begging Sega to bring the game west, they should be ripping them apart for going through the trouble of making an English site and then never giving us a product over here.

Regardless of whether the site is appealing or not, they still went through the effort of putting it together, and then they don't even have the balls to confirm a cancellation. While I do think people should give up the ghost at this point...this is partly on Sega as well.
    I blame the intern who clicked Publish then left after 3 months!

Peeps really should give SEGA more of a hassle for not saying anything. Just say it's canceled, so most people can move on with their day. People do still want this out, because well why not? They liked the game, when they played PSO/PSU/PSP2 and it'll give them a nice start or whatever.

Basically I agree on that. They can just confirm what happened to the west version to stop this haunting thread and talks. I'm actually more curious on why they don't want to though.

It does SegaC no good to announce that the western version is not coming.

So dont expect them to do so.