Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They never really remembered or take note the tragedy that is PSU NA and PSO2 SEA did they.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Having Youtube video creators who do this certainly would explain why this sentiment continues to propagate instead of dying out.
    The the description of the video i posted in the first post literally said this:-

"In an odd announcement, Sega seems to have remembered Phantasy Star Online 2 and they are putting it on the Nintendo Switch in Japan only. Not only that, it's not actually being installed to the system supposedly and will be streaming much like DQX does on the 3DS. Either way, it's on so many systems (even cell phones) so Sega, it's time to bring this game westward."

Ignorant youtubers who dont do their goddamn research are one of the things in the internet I hate the most, the description alone makes me not want to watch the video because it would most likely be complaining about the game not coming to the west.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Oct 7, 2017 at 02:01 PM.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Well, it's about SEGA having forgotten us/ditched us more than any of those. Also, I receive some petition thingy about every month or so to "BRING PSO2 WEST". It's time to stop! No more!
    I forgot to mention those who are not as well informed about the situation in general, too. Then again, I believe this information on 'why no Western PSO2' is not pinned anywhere outside of reddit. It also wouldn't stop people who feel entitled to a Western PSO2 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Ignorant youtubers who dont do their goddamn research are one of the things in the internet I hate the most, the description alone makes me not want to watch the video because it would most likely be complaining about the game not coming to the west.
    I know that guy was spreading it, but when you said youtube reviewers in your previous post, that was plural. I was asking if there are more youtubers besides this person who also did the same.

Ah sorry, I guess made it sound too broad. Well there's this video that got kinda famous for awhile.

test

And sorry for double post, here's more of the videos which i havent watched yet.

test

This is all terrifying but also hilarious at the same time. I just watched the first video and it was the stereotypical old Western PSO player reaction to the game.

Time to watch the rest.

They don't want any compromises while playing a video game, which, in a way, is understandable. I feel like one of the biggest reasons that's still a thing is that if you completely skipped PSU(like a lot of people did, it got terrible reviews and was pay2play after all) and aren't keeping tabs on the state of SoA, it's easy to be uninformed and not realize that a western version would most likely be way worse even.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    They are quite silly and stupid
    Let's not forget, this has all been a big gamble here, on the dedication of an awesome team of fans and Sega/the japanese community's leniency. Nobody's stupid for not taking a gamble.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Oct 7, 2017 at 09:45 PM.

It's almost like people just want to play a game without having to depend on 3rd party software made by god knows who and to be entitled to customer support should they have technical issues or not get locked out of their account forever because they can't appeal a ban or to conveniently make microtransaction purchases.

Stupid people LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    It's almost like people just want to play a game without having to depend on 3rd party software made by god knows who and to be entitled to customer support should they have technical issues or not get locked out of their account forever because they can't appeal a ban or to conveniently make microtransaction purchases.

Stupid people LOL
    I really want a western server, so SEGA can enjoy once more what we're suffering.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    At this point, 5 years after the original release, I can only say these people are delusional. The desire for this game gives them enough power to complain for years, but not enough power to spend some time with a capcha and check some checkboxes in Tweaker. If NA release was to come, they'd play 20 hours and quit because they'd be tired, or because it wouldn't be like they imagined it, or some other shit. And don't forget the fact that SoA has barely any money ever since Sonic Boom fiasco (it's all their fault and nobody asked for it, but in the end it shouldn't be taken off account).

Some of them say that they want "communication", which is "impossible" on JP server due to language barrier. You can find an English-speaking team very easily on Ship 2, and majority of the teams are incredibly friendly. In most online games communication (whether it's with random people or team/guildmates) more often than not boils down to shit-flinging and blame-shifting, which detracts from experience more than anything else.
    Sadly not the case for most, my girlfriend and I dont play it since the translation, which many touts as 90 percent on average for all things, is really around 70 percent, and alot of important tutorial, menu items, and NPC quests are completely untranslated. Therefore, it becomes a pain because we have to figure out what it all means, research online, and spend time doing that to figure things out than just playing the game.

Its been put out of my mind anyway. But if a western release comes yea, ill likely drop ESO since I cant play XIV anymore, and put my MMO time into PSO2. There is nothing else worth a damn for me and her to play until 2019, when Pantheon comes out. Other than, SEs other mmo.....but it is held hostage once again on the sales of a single player game of its franchise coming out in early 2018.

Meh. Oh well. Either way, if PSO2 came out west all of a sudden, id play it, id put money into it, and id stick with it until the inevitable plug pull from the usual faults: Slow content releases, cheating/hacking, lack of support, low population, etc, etc, like it did all the games before.

Sighs, I pray Yoshi-P finding his replacement means he is going to that other SE mmo to start localizing it for the west since he has experience to do so now. Meh.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

The only reason why I still want to see a Western release at some point - despite playing it on the Japanese servers without issue - is mainly this:

As an English-speaking non-Japanese player, as soon as any sort of a "false flag" is done against my account for any reason, that's it. I'm done. The money I spent on the game? Down the drain.

With an English version of the game, I can work out something with support - "No, I didn't log in for three months because I was playing other games. No, I speak English, but I follow all the other rules of the Terms of Service. No, I didn't use any sort of third-party tool to give myself an advantage." With this version, though, I don't know if Google Translate will help me out enough to work out any potential issues with them - and my poor Japanese would definitely be a sign that I'm not likely a native Japanese and thus shouldn't be playing in the first place.

That's all. The odds of that happening are slim, but they're higher than if it were a global or a Western game, where I can play that without praying someone doesn't decide "Nope, fuck it, evil gaijin gets reported because he used a Monomate instead of a Dimate." When you sink money into a game you like... knowing it can be taken away so easily bothers me.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!