Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    Ever since TDs got buffed years ago they've been able to trivialize pretty much all bosses by spamming orchestra or whatever in a place hardly any attacks could reach. I don't play twin daggers anymore but that's how it used to be.
    Of course hero can do the same thing now, ragne comes to mind. Just makes me feel bad for it. Delete it from the game already and 90% of the other ""bosses""" while you're at it.
    They've buffed the players to high heaven while the bosses are the exact same they were when they got released so this happened. The only way they could've avoided this mess is making this game more like an RPG and less like an action game.
    Ragnes a lost cause.
    I was really hoping Esca ragnes core would be immune to damage unless you broke all its legs but it still just gets btfo like the usual ragne.
    Spoiler!

What kills me is knowing these buffs will end next week and sega will see no problem reverting Elder and Loser back into their vh-tier stats..

This is a silly premise.

If anything, the devs didn't go far enough in giving players full freedom of movement. Look at Dragon's Dogma - we have ledge-grabbing, vaulting, monster climbing (this one's huge), double jumping (for agile classes), and of course we have the full-on sprint that PSO2 is still badly in need of and would handily solve the problem of players relying entirely on PAs to move around with. Moving around in the game feels far more natural than in a game as stiff as PSO2.

Not being able to jump or do much of anything besides walk is completely immersion-breaking. Even Dark Souls knows well enough to give the player the ability to jump horizontally, despite it being a complete non-factor in combat, because not being able to jump at all is fucking stupid. (It still needs to give players more traversal options besides running and jumping, but eh.) PSO2 is the opposite case where the jumping is largely used for combat and not really for platforming, which is an entirely valid use case as well for the above stated reasons of target selection and attacking specific components.

Above all, I just want to be able to move properly in the environment. Surely that's not too much to ask? The fact that even first-person shooters are giving players the ability to do things like vault and wall run should say enough. It just feels good to move around, mmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Ragnes a lost cause.
    I was really hoping Esca ragnes core would be immune to damage unless you broke all its legs but it still just gets btfo like the usual ragne.
    Making every mob a toyhouse sounds really nice, but as toyhouse case itself shows, it terminally won't change player behavior driven by reward per second.
    Having bosses to come in volumes to spread MPA thin would probably help more, and they kinda came closer to it with ToT, where enemies are behind walls, and also spawn in waves during the boss. But to reach on-release cradle panic levels they'd need to drop 4-5 ragnes on you at the same time, not counting the other stuff.

again, Im afraid they will just forget about ToT design, and the christmas map will be like last year.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Oct 20, 2017 at 07:52 AM.

They did include flying enemies here and there, and most bosses require jumping in order for you to reach their weak point. The random bipedal monster doesn't reward jumping much, but I think the variety approach works fine enough. There are areas where it's mandatory to attack in the air to get anywhere, too.
    I get the complaint(I think?) but don't feel like it's warranted. Also you literally have all the options in the air, with some of them being shortened. If you wanted different ones, well, you're entitled to your opinion I guess; personally I enjoy the freedom of not being stuck with one or two moves in the air like in most action rpgs I've played, making jumping essentially just an animation in combat.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Jumping has been the dream of players ever since the first days of PSO 1. Now that sega casted this onto gamers...Well they will never want to give it up. EVER!
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This is a silly premise.

If anything, the devs didn't go far enough in giving players full freedom of movement. Look at Dragon's Dogma - we have ledge-grabbing, vaulting, monster climbing (this one's huge), double jumping (for agile classes), and of course we have the full-on sprint that PSO2 is still badly in need of and would handily solve the problem of players relying entirely on PAs to move around with. Moving around in the game feels far more natural than in a game as stiff as PSO2.

Not being able to jump or do much of anything besides walk is completely immersion-breaking. Even Dark Souls knows well enough to give the player the ability to jump horizontally, despite it being a complete non-factor in combat, because not being able to jump at all is fucking stupid. (It still needs to give players more traversal options besides running and jumping, but eh.) PSO2 is the opposite case where the jumping is largely used for combat and not really for platforming, which is an entirely valid use case as well for the above stated reasons of target selection and attacking specific components.

Above all, I just want to be able to move properly in the environment. Surely that's not too much to ask? The fact that even first-person shooters are giving players the ability to do things like vault and wall run should say enough. It just feels good to move around, mmkay?
    Which was the impression I got from the original trailer (Granted, DD came out way later.) I was mildly disappointed.
    [INSERT SOMETHING WITTY]

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    This is a silly premise.

Not silly at all.

I much prefer a more polished and cohesive experience. If new features are added to the game and I'm not feeling the benefit and it actually detracts from said experience, it's not doing anything to "immerse" me. I also do not share your view that the lack of ability to jump is immersion breaking, it is a video game after all. Perhaps for you more is better, but I'll take less if it means I get a more rewarding experience. See Musou, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, etc.