Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    In my experience increasing your hp and resistances is more valuable than defense anyway. But that's fine. No need to take any of that into account.
    This is true, especially for LB. Which is why Weila Board and Izane is so valuable.

That and the units are always exclusive to some limited content.

So basically this whole post can be resumed in. "We´re dying, remove this hard content" and players saying "git gud scrubs". Stop crying babies; Its going to be removed soon either way. Remember that you always have the option to go play SH mode as well. No one is forcing you to play XH. Just till the week ends, k?

hmmm.....
    Isn't XH relatively easy now compared to when it first came out due to all the weapons and units released, along with the whole hero class thing?
    I'm confused.....

Or did they actually spike up the difficulty while I've been gone?
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    In my experience increasing your hp and resistances is more valuable than defense anyway. But that's fine. No need to take any of that into account.
    To an extent yes but stuff like Gryphon/All Res3/Stamina3/ability3/Junk doesnt remotely help out in the long run, everyone is (the non casual people) all about speed and efficiency but there are builds that can accommodate these things (the HP+resist things) just people are uhh either misinformed or lazy (and ya, i guess lack of guide as well)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    So basically this whole post can be resumed in. "We´re dying, remove this hard content" and players saying "git gud scrubs". Stop crying babies; Its going to be removed soon either way. Remember that you always have the option to go play SH mode as well. No one is forcing you to play XH. Just till the week ends, k?
    I don't understand the complaints, the current boosts are perfectly fine and SHOULD stay here, I like that Profound Invasion actually lasts a good while not under 5mins and that AM UQ is a lot funner than before (even solo). I have people on my team running in non expert blocks getting roughly 20->35min PI runs, this is just ridiculous along with people running out of moons and what not

I guess the only people who want these gone are the non expert block players/casuals/muh obscure build that i think is good but really isnt crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    hmmm.....
    Isn't XH relatively easy now compared to when it first came out due to all the weapons and units released, along with the whole hero class thing?
    I'm confused.....

XH was really only challenging on release then gradually got easy and still is and with the Release of Hero XH is basically N or idk H mode now thanks to current gear. Just people need to learn the play their classes better or something

i still dont miss your long ass wall o text posts you still make
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Oct 22, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I don't understand the complaints, the current boosts are perfectly fine and SHOULD stay here, I like that Profound Invasion actually lasts a good while not under 5mins and that AM UQ is a lot funner than before (even solo). I have people on my team running in non expert blocks getting roughly 20->35min PI runs, this is just ridiculous along with people running out of moons and what not

I guess the only people who want these gone are the non expert block players/casuals/muh obscure build that i think is good but really isnt crowds.
    I'm pretty sure the reason why people are upset is because numerical boosts are just band-aids solution to the problem and is not the direction of how people want content buffs to go. PD rework is an example of increasing difficulty done right. People want more mechanically intensive content that actually adds to the gameplay instead of taking away from it.

Numerical boosts is a textbook example of the latter, you just feel like you are fighting the same content for an unnecessarily long period of time (PI is actually one of those EQ who didnt get a HP scaling with the WB change so you are essentially fighting the same content with 10x as much bulk), except with the lightest of hits actually killing you this time. When every hit is gonna kill you, it makes boss fights less enjoyable by making boss mechanics moot, considering this makes them less deadly than normal attack patterns. Dodging is rewarded yes, but every other tactic is made irrelevant; managing burst skills with CD becomes much less rewarding; proccing conditional abilities like Crazy Heart and Super Treatment with Elder's freeze and Luther's burn is almost impossible in the current iteration; etc.

I'm perfectly fine with this being a temporary buff, because it gives me another worthwhile EQ to run (if only for the 14* which I'll never get) but it should never stay for good, because that indicates that sega probably doesn't have plans to make mechanical changes to Elder and Luther for a long time.

Ult Amd boost is done in a much better way than PI, the only thing that makes it more annoying is the fact people are either just dying left and right, or just running around trying to stay alive.
    Last edited by escarlata; Oct 22, 2017 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason why people are upset is because numerical boosts are just band-aids solution to the problem and is not the direction of how people want content buffs to go. PD rework is an example of increasing difficulty done right. People want more mechanically intensive content that actually adds to the gameplay instead of taking away from it.

Numerical boosts is a textbook example of the latter, you just feel like you are fighting the same content for an unnecessarily long period of time (PI is actually one of those EQ who didnt get a HP scaling with the WB change so you are essentially fighting the same content with 10x as much bulk), except with the lightest of hits actually killing you this time. When every hit is gonna kill you, it makes boss fights less enjoyable by making boss mechanics moot, considering this makes them less deadly than normal attack patterns. Dodging is rewarded yes, but every other tactic is made irrelevant; managing burst skills with CD becomes much less rewarding; proccing conditional abilities like Crazy Heart and Super Treatment with Elder's freeze and Luther's burn is almost impossible in the current iteration; etc.

I'm perfectly fine with this being a temporary buff, because it gives me another worthwhile EQ to run (if only for the 14* which I'll never get) but it should never stay for good, because that indicates that sega probably doesn't have plans to make mechanical changes to Elder and Luther for a long time.

Ult Amd boost is done in a much better way than PI, the only thing that makes it more annoying is the fact people are either just dying left and right, or just running around trying to stay alive.
    ah ok from this point of view i agree with everything you said, if they went about revamping like they did with PD i would be all for it 200% but ya i understand the band-effect isnt the best solution (ya its lazy) and they could have honestly done better. I couldnt very well tell what they did to AMUQ, it felt the same? maybe because HR is just melting everything iunno even when i ran it solo i couldnt really tell

I was under the impression (still am) that people are just bad in general and wanna complain about everything (which they do).

More or less what escarlata said.

Bumping up attack values to stupid levels <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< making new content that is actually mechanically different and more challenging.

While lazy, XH Luther having his clock shielded after being broken until you broke his arms, was a way of forcing players to engage with the boss himself that trumps giving SH Luther 20x HP and 6x Attack Power as an alternative method of making the fight harder.

If you tell me tha tyou'd prefer SH Luther with 20x HP and 6x Attack power over XH Luther, then you and I just wont be eye to eye because that's just boring and dumb.

Honestly I like the system of these boosted bosses because they feel more rewarding than the current rush for loot we have in most EQs.

I'd much rather have boss fights which take longer but have a significantly higher drop chance over easy bosses with low drop rates.

keeping up a system like that would be a win for everyone, we'd get actual challenge out of the game without it heavily impacting the amount of overall loot we get negatively even if there's the occasional failure. boosted PI is a perfect example of this, the boss fights take around 10-15 mins for an average party to actually complete, and usually at least one person will come out with some 13-14* drop, the boss fight feels satisfying and rewarding, Sega needs to understand that longer, tougher boss fights with more significant drops would keep people so much more interested and still give casual players the ability to come across some neat finds occasionally.

hmmm.....
    I'm confused.....

Haha you wish

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Spoken like a person who didn't bother reading a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason why people are upset is because numerical boosts are just band-aids solution to the problem and is not the direction of how people want content buffs to go. PD rework is an example of increasing difficulty done right. People want more mechanically intensive content that actually adds to the gameplay instead of taking away from it..
    P'much. I'd say it's a simple, and legit grievance.

They just multiply HP and atk levels on enemies in certain quests every few weeks... so no.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Oct 23, 2017 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Removed inflammatory portion