Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Bring back +200% atk Deus, or any boss with that kind of damage please.
    I'd rather do 100 runs and succeed a few than succeed 100 SH-tier raid quests.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    Bring back +200% atk Deus, or any boss with that kind of damage please.
    I'd rather do 100 runs and succeed a few than succeed 100 SH-tier raid quests.
    What? This is a Dress-up game! There shouldn't be any tough challenges in this game!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

I am okay with the old falz as their attacks are pretty much telegraphed, I hated Deus though, I felt like the extra attack is't warranted that almost all this hits kills you in one shot, not to mention all the random things happening in the map at once there are times that you can't dodge them all.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

The boosted rare rates feel more like they are here to help me get a hold of more Astral Soul and Sentence Power/Shoot/Tech SAF fodder than anything; It'll help out some newer people get some gear closer to what I'm running around with now too. the content itself is refreshing, while I ran ult amdu until I was sick of it back during gix files, now it almost feels somewhat nostalgic. being able to see more of Elder and Loser's attack patterns without needing to go down in difficulty or attempt a solo run is also nice.

if anything I'm appreciating them looking back at all the stuff they have left in the dust and at least doing something with it all

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    I don't believe it's an event, it's more like a test.
    They want to put harder difficulty but since it seems they finally realized they can't balance the game, they're testing it out live. And since they need as much data as they can, they also threw a boost at us to get as many players going as they can.
    It's not like the game is populated currently so they really need to give people reasons to come.
    Yeah, I agree with the test premises with all the new balance and Hero It definitely feels like was being asked to test something.

I like BQ cause towers are soft. Sudden tower Zerg that kills towers out of no were love that. It definitely punishes player Zerg. I always felt 12 men were way too many for some emergency quest.

Personally, I think part of the problem is we haven't had a new EQ in some time. The quest we have gotten have been very boring seasonal junk were you run around in circles and collect rewards at the end. Boss's I don't want to see for a very LONG time Gal Gryphon, Emperor Rappy needs to go back to being rare I don't care if you change his form to Saint Emperor Rappy, Valentines Emperor Rappy, white day Emperor Rappy. Falz Hunar, Double, Angel apprentice doppleganner dio Hunar, Iam just over them. Hoping Omega hunar is at least somewhat diffcult during the new eq.

Plus add in with these junk Seasonal eqs a couple of emergency maintenance I can see why people not feeling the pso2 love
    Last edited by starwind75043; Oct 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

As someone who is on a break from this game after 2 weeks of EP5 and have been on breaks from this regularly since EP3.

I have two main problems why I don’t feel like playing and it’s starting to get worse with each episode:

1. The entire game is rush rush rush rush! No time to enjoy anything because, rush rush rush rush. Not only has content become a complete bore fest because of the huge imbalance between players and enemies, but my main gripe is that all end game content is shorter then 15 minutes (most takes less). I was almost looking forward to the ARKS chronicles a few months back, but of course it needs to have a timer, because rush rush rush is fun right!? I’d rather have a variety of quests with different lengths. 15 minutes quests are fine for stuff like extreme quests, but at least also give us some bigger 30 minute, 1 hours quests, where you die a ton, but hey, maybe put in some checkpoints so it’s not a frustrating experience. Make enemies and bosses harder to kill, but increase the drop rates, so it’s fair to take longer. Also raids in PSO2 are a joke. It’s just a glorified boss fight that gets carried by the strong players. To me BQ’s are the accumulation of everything I hated put into one quest.

2. At end game everything is dripfeed deluxe. Every x month there is an x weapon you can get by playing x quest non stop, with other content having no incentive. And then I am not even getting started about how boring the weapons are that you get (wohoo 3% more damage). What PSO1 did better, was that the entirety of ultimate was your end game with a ton of different weapons you could hunt for. PSO2 is repeating the same content for two months for some boring ‘upgrade’.

besides these two main points there is the horrible balance between players and enemies.

I don’t think SEGA is gonna fix this, judging by the downward trend since EP3 for me.

I think what ultimately killed PSO2 is a lack of choice.

Before you can tinker around a bunch of different class combination, massive burst but long cooldown? Gu/Su or Bo PBF, sustained dps we have them bravers. High risk high reward we have limit break fighters. Want to support but still contribute to damage, TE with zanverse and a tons more gimmicky class in between like Dragon Slayer sacrifice bite, form scythe TE, etc.

It was fun trying to experiment with different class combination.

On the equipment side, although not as diverse, people have a choice of either a weaker damage but always up potential of Austere, or PP recovery with orbit, maybe a risky but rewarding Gix, and so on.

At the end of EP 4 and start of EP 5, everyone is pigeonholed into one set up, Qliphad and Hero that if you don't have those two, you are gimping yourself.

Next we have BQ, I know we are beating a dead horse here but this mode sucks, gameplay wise it is a bit fun but the defense part is really bad, I wish it just happens once but the nail in the coffin for BQ is there is really no incentive in running it.

What you get is a somewhat decent weapon that...only works in the boring quest. It's a lose lose situation. People grind boring quest so they can earn something they can use but BQ does it really weird, you grind a boring mode to have a weapon that only works on the boring mode, might as well not do it then.

Add the fact that it is gated by annoying stamina system which you need to run a free mode that gives virtually nothing aside from wasting your time (i know it boost your next main match but I rather just do the main match twice and get more loots than alternating free and main).

Storywise, they make it appear that the 2D mode of the cutscene was an artistic choice but it just shows lack of budget and a rushed content. And why they heck is BQ a part of the story mode? To make it worse, you can't start it unless you have other players, who the hell thought it was a good idea? And...you get nothing at the end of it making it a mandatory waste of time.

I like the fact that Sega know they fucked up real good this time even trying to release the old class changes earlier than scheduled and while I am seeing a little bit of class variety now, I think its a little to late.

With Closers and Soulworker NA releasing by the end of the year, it is hard pressed to see if I could stay playing PSO2 at this point. It is just log in for EQ, log out at this point.

Why are we talking about the game like it's dead? It's still very much alive.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Wait...Am I the only one that sees what SEGA currently does in a good light ?

- Being fast at addressing balance issues (which NEVER happened, remember shunka, Magatsu disaster, Marron and others) Hero IS overpowered but it's the very first time they addressed it in a timely manner.
    -I Personally find BQ very fun. It's really only really hindered by the Stamina System, but that's virtually gone in about one week, thanks to player feedback
    -Only Evleda upgrades work on BQ only, normal Evleda is an awesome mobbing and utility weapon that works everywhere. The game gives you the choice for an upgrade if you actually ENJOY BQ and want a weap for it. Speaking of utility weapons, SEGA is releasing more of those these days, although they are mainly revolving around Hero (Evleda ofc, Bullet Kunai and Altacray). Friendly reminder that the whole of EP4 files, Fornis aside was "will x finally dethrone Austere or not". Newer weapons, instead of power creeping more, give you more variety, which I like
    - 2D cutscenes being motivated by budget is assumed by SEGA, they had a choice between giving us a lot more cutscenes and events for Story mode content in exchange for 2D, or EP3-4 model, which animated all cutscenes, but to the price of having actually very few. While not a fan of the story itself, new characters and world are definitely more fleshed out than what we used to have, and I think it's a nice change.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all flowers and happiness, EP5 definitely already had a share of fuck-ups, and builds being killed only for Hero to be literally the best of the best left a sour taste, but it seems it's the very first time SEGA is actually addressing said fuck-ups in an elegant and timely manner. Be it out of desperation (which I'm not sure is even true, considering EP4 start was a literal desert until Yamato happened, and it didn't prevent them from not doing anything about it) or a change in mentality.

I like the UQ and profound invasion boost. Feels so alive again. Especially they are for XH only, makes end-game feels worth it.

When was the last time you ever see Elder flips the board anyway in pug? Episode 2? Seems like some people in my ship (4) already forgot about it or new players never even have the chance to see that move they don't even have any idea how to deal with it. And that was great.

Honestly I don't mind if they keep upgrading the XH enemies in relation of better drops and players/weapons that get stronger, if no higher difficulty available yet.

I can only feel the maximum taste of Hero class like this. More than 4 Hero Time in a single EQ (can be more) is what it should be. I'm tired throwing Hero Time only on core weakpoint when the boss got stunned in 12 man mpa. I want to do it somewhere else as well if I could. This boost makes it worth it to use all kind of Hero Time.

I can only imagine what Dark Blast would feel like. Nothing but a dps race more than about fighting the enemy, if the contents stay as it is without the atk or hp boost and no new difficulty.