Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    @dark mits

I would had agreed with you but for the longest time, the game was fine always labeling def as a worthless stat. Yes a def investment would be warranted if only they buff up the attack but you also have to consider the 5x more HP meaning you also have to consider having attack just to chip the boss down else it would be a really boring game of tank slapping each other.
    I see this as a move to make the EQs / Ult Amd resemble what is called "dungeon crawl". Meaning that the player doesn't rush through it, but crawls at a slow pace. And still, if the boss would take 10x longer due to it having 5x more hp and players having 1/2 their damage due to focus on defense, it'd still be over in ~10-15mins, which is something that doesn't seem extreme (at least as an old-school player).

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    <snip>
    Yes, I am serious. The options exist. Therefore if their usage can be proven to provide a smoother run over pure dps-athon, it means that the content isn't overtuned but in fact balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Why are you trying to revive the era of requiring classes within your MPA in order to have a properly functioning MPA.

They nerfed WB nonsense for this very reason.

People never liked needing a specific class within the MPA in order for the quest to be run as intended.
    You absolutely do not need a techer in boosted ult amd like you used to need a ranger in Elder/Loser/Magatsu. It makes things easier obviously, but that's not even close to a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    well which boosted boss you talking about that having so many shit happening at the screen i have no idea
    among the boosted quests we've had (Gracia/Elder/Loser/Ulti), none of them have so much shit you can't keep track except Anga if nobody pulls Anga away of the clusterfuck in the middle of the room. That's the only time they would be justified in saying "I can't see anything, how am I supposed to dodge this" but that's partially also the mistake of whoever has aggro choosing not to fight Anga in a more sane location.

Everything else, maybe it's time to start actually caring about what the boss does guys instead of tanking through it with automate? I've seen people complain about getting killed by the lightning strikes in Gracia because they didn't see them coming. But they are in fact telegraphed, it's just time to start looking and caring instead of trying to tank through everything.

Boosting HP and ATK values is exactly the way to go to fix a lot of our existing content. So many bosses already have a varied moveset, they just never get to use them because they get vaporized, or even if they do, it doesn't matter because they don't do enough damage, and even if they do somehow manage to kill you through your 30 mates, dying doesn't matter.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; Oct 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

Teach me how to dodge a spear, a double headbutt and a laser at the same time when the split happens. How about 2 headbutts, 2 lasers and light projectiles at the moon break phase? Let's for sake of simplicity pretend that we have camera view of a ranged player (so we are actually able to see all dragon heads without them obstructing each other and main body) and dodging capabilities of melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Let me turn off etrial announcements in the middle of the screen and zoom out a bit further so i dont get btfo by random stuff sliding into my rear and doing 1300+ dmg

And for the love of christ let me move the camera up and down when I've locked onto something,or a lockon that picks the parts you want to lock on by using left/right camera directions,in an order,so i didnt have nightmares trying to lock-on to apos core or something.

the camera in this game is the true endgame boss.
    Half the deaths are just not seeing where an unforgiving attack just hit you.
    After playing FFXIV for the better part of the beginning of this year coming back to pso2 was a shock. Even a slow game that doesn't need it as much like XIV has good camera controls that allow you to zoom out really far. PSO2, a much more action oriented game, has absolutely nothing.
    For this reason I did the last raid boss (don't even know its name) a grand total of once and have not touched it since. Sega's insistence on these huge bosses while having a complete lack of control over the camera going on 5 years is ridiculous. More so that they don't get flooded by complaints from the japs over this.

Regular HU tank reporting: for the love of god, people, drop your moons. I don't give a damn about your mates, I need your moons, because *I* am the one standing alive that has to resurrect you after every fucking attack.

That being saif and out of the way...
    > We already discussed this a few page back about so many shit happening at the screen at once
    > that there is no way you can always be dodging things at 100% especially as after you dodge, another attack will be in your face again.

No damage run videos on youtube and nico nico all beg to differ. (we're talking Solo Gracia or PD here but it's valid for any TA run)
    On the contrary, dodging and countering and just guarding mechanics are so cheesy that for all intents and purposes, you don't need HP or Defense, like, ever. And that's what I always complain about when Sega asks our opinion.

>Teach me how to dodge a spear,
    Stay more to the side of the boss and it can't hit you. If your class requires you to be front and center, simply time your dodging, you litterally see the attack incoming.
    > a double headbutt
    The ground glows yellowish on the parts where the headbutt lands. Go to the sides or stay there and just guard + counter. If you're unlucky you will be invincible through both heabutts, but with a bit of luck you can just guard back to back and have both counter attacks hit.
    > and a laser
    You can dodge those or just guard by simply reacting to the lasers appearing on your screen. You can also time it in your head, it takes roughly 3 seconds between the cast animation and the moment they hit.
    > at the same time
    That doesn't matter then. If you dodge (or just guard) one of them, you will be invincible through all of it. You can spam the guard button like a paranoid man until you've just guarded it all if you need to.

Ah, well. If anything, the 500% HP made me rediscover the awesomeness of the Loser Battle theme. I just wish people would know about Zanverse and Resta.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Teach me how to dodge a spear, a double headbutt and a laser at the same time when the split happens. How about 2 headbutts, 2 lasers and light projectiles at the moon break phase? Let's for sake of simplicity pretend that we have camera view of a ranged player (so we are actually able to see all dragon heads without them obstructing each other and main body) and dodging capabilities of melee.
    before headbutt they performing stance before laser they charge when you see a charge be warning if you can't dodge run off the line of laser then you won't stuck by headbutt combo

moon break - same thing you saw it you run

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Every single move you're talking about is telegraphed and none of them get used in such quick succession that dodging/blocking would be an issue during the split phase where only one or two heads are even capable of attacking you at a time.

The moon break phase with all the heads might be a bit of a clusterfuck but if you're not comfortable and you're stuck on a melee with no good ranged option (unlike something BR or HR where you can just stand midrange and spam vapor/hatou) then just wait for the heads to thrust out before attacking. Just practice some caution if you're not confident, that's literally the only part where attacks can be thrown out rapidly from multiple heads on one person anyway since they're so densely packed together.

As was pointed out above, people have done solo runs with no damage so "its impossible" is a really poor excuse unless you're suggesting they just got lucky.

Like I said, there is no real way of dodging a lot of stuffs, I do understand telegraphed moves but there are times that even if you know the enemy is about to use it, you have no real way of responding in such cases like, recovering from a knock back, hit stun for attack, charging tech, PA delays, middle of reviving someone, and the list goes on. Again and again, just because I got hit doesn't mean I can't dodge.

Also a video of an expert solo running something isn't really a valid point because of these reasons:

-Recorded video, they could easily failed x number of times but will only upload the perfect run.
    -Solo runs makes it easier to dodge things because less stuffs are happening on your screen.
    -These are made by expert running with elite equipment which is probably the top 1% of the community, doesn't really represent the remaining 99%.

Long runs doesn't really mean challenging. It gets boring chasing a loser teleporting around the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Long runs doesn't really mean challenging. It gets boring chasing a loser teleporting around the arena.
    Try boosting PD to 1000% HP and see it flying around like we don't exist.