Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    When was the last time you ever see Elder flips the board anyway in pug? Episode 2? Seems like some people in my ship (4) already forgot about it or new players never even have the chance to see that move they don't even have any idea how to deal with it. And that was great.
    Oh, lord, I loved seeing that again. I admit when I saw it I was kinda like "Holy crap, I forgot about this" and it actually ended up killing me because I forgot the actual safe spots (I thought I was in a safe position to attack his arms with my TMGs, but I was just on the outer edge of his butt). That first run of this boosted version, I ended up dying like 5 times, and they were all because I was so used to how easy the EQ normally is, and did not expect the beating the Falz could really dish out when they were at this level.

PSO-2 was the first time they decided to focus 100% in Japan.
    Even with their SEA version which was left up to the Publisher (one big mess) to do almost what they please with it...
    PSO-2 became successful in Japan due to the focus being primarily in Japan.

However, each major game in Japan (even those that are global like FF XIV) had major problems that kept people away.
    PSO-2 is interesting as outside the classes, the major problems present themselves and change at times...
    In other games, the major problem or obstruction is so large in one area that it requires an entire patch....

The Desperation Sega has is the fact that for the first time, other game developers have announced that they are patching up or addressing those weaknesses. For example..... The team who created FF XIV finally announced that they are announcing a fix for the housing shortage, especially after two players bought 28 houses in a server...but it will take a patch.

My opinion is that each developer wants to see just how much will come from a fix to their games as far as returning players and revenue. However, SEGA does not have a clear fix for their many problems, so their answer is to give players more of what has worked for them, while they work on solutions. SEGA is in a spot because although their game has major problems, it is a competing F2P game against P2P games in the area.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Challenge mode was the last good content to happen to this game. It got people together, people had dedicated roles to fullfill during the quest, it was content that lasted 30 min-1 hour per attempt and it was all pretty intense for us at the time. I remember I used to trash it back then, but 2 years later I definitely appreciated what it tried to bring to the game. If it was a quest that was impossible for less than 8 people and involved our actual classes, it would've been better. Too bad that's probably asking for too much.

The combination of management incompetence and the playerbase's fixation on "racing" each other for kills/damage in everything killed much of the future for content, I think. Instead, Sega has just been encouraging that Kirito mentality, which lends them to make content that's utterly pathetic for any large amount of people and/or require very little in actual tactics.
    It's amazing how much a 6x HP modifier alone can do for these old bosses, that's for sure.

There's a giant graveyard of good concepts inside most of the dead content. The potential of "infinite adventure" that free fields could bring is one that doesn't get taken advantage of, for example.
    Ultimately, I just wish Sega would see what made that old content feel so wonderful in the first place.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Oct 19, 2017 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Oh, lord, I loved seeing that again. I admit when I saw it I was kinda like "Holy crap, I forgot about this" and it actually ended up killing me because I forgot the actual safe spots (I thought I was in a safe position to attack his arms with my TMGs, but I was just on the outer edge of his butt). That first run of this boosted version, I ended up dying like 5 times, and they were all because I was so used to how easy the EQ normally is, and did not expect the beating the Falz could really dish out when they were at this level.
    lmao true, same as me, cause pre-boosted elder was more of: break arms >> elder flies back >> throws balls >> comes back >> dies for each and every EQ. Now the fight takes longer and when Elder flips the board I was running to one of the WRONG corners and died cause I forgot where actual safe spots are, I was like "Finally I died in Elder again, this is gonna be fun"

I don't mind bosses not dying instantly to buffed players.

I have a problem with said bosses one-shotting with their normal attacks without Te buffs, and fodder enemies doing the same.

Fodder enemies becoming damage sponges is also extremely tedious.

Wish SEGA learned that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I don't mind bosses not dying instantly to buffed players.

I have a problem with said bosses one-shotting with their normal attacks without Te buffs, and fodder enemies doing the same.

Fodder enemies becoming damage sponges is also extremely tedious.

Wish SEGA learned that by now.
    That's what happens when you build for attack and PP with no investment into HP at all. Personally I haven't been oneshot by anything during this boost so far (although I assume some Elder attacks could do it if not for the fact that they were so slow)

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    That's what happens when you build for attack and PP with no investment into HP at all. Personally I haven't been oneshot by anything during this boost so far (although I assume some Elder attacks could do it if not for the fact that they were so slow)
    Most people have as much HP as I do, which is a bit over ~1k.
    I got tail slapped by those little tail dragons in ult amd for like 1.3k without deband cut. Anga does around the same with his tail wag, and random sonic booms without deband cut.

I'm inclined to say retarded damage scaling is the bigger problem here than me not investing into more HP affixes for the game's outlier.

Regular quick attacks shouldn't be hitting people for 1k+. There's other examples of silly damage that shouldn't even be.

Also, intentionally designing the game around the possibility of people affixing like Firesword at this stage is retarded, and just pisses on the investments of ALOT of people out of the blue. I don't expect them to make crap like this the norm, but it's hellishly annoying when they put out ill-thought out concepts like double enemy damage, or 90% heal cut with just about 0 consideration of... anything (that ff14 LQ was equally stupid and unfun after a few runs if you didn't have techs).

Enemy damage should be based against the average HP of level-capped players + the best unit sets the game has to offer. It's silly to design content based around the possibility of people having... lets say 1.5k+ HP when 90% of the population does not have that.

This is why I said just the added HP to bosses is fine because players got way stronger on average, but didn't get any more durable for at least the past year. Unit sets haven't given us any major bumps in HP since... crafted saiki, and austere 2-set.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 20, 2017 at 12:25 AM.

I got tail slapped by those little tail dragons in ult amd for like 1.3k without deband cut. Anga does around the same with his tail wag, and random sonic booms without deband cut.

I'm inclined to say retarded damage scaling is the bigger problem here than me not investing into more HP affixes for the game's outlier.

Regular quick attacks shouldn't be hitting people for 1k+. There's other examples of silly damage that shouldn't even be.

Also, intentionally designing the game around the possibility of people affixing like Firesword at this stage is retarded, and just pisses on the investments of ALOT of people out of the blue. I don't expect them to make crap like this the norm, but it's hellishly annoying when they put out ill-thought out concepts like double enemy damage, or 90% heal cut with just about 0 consideration of... anything (that ff14 LQ was equally stupid and unfun after a few runs if you didn't have techs).

Enemy damage should be based against the average HP of level-capped players + the best unit sets the game has to offer. It's silly to design content based around the possibility of people having... lets say 1.5k+ HP when 90% of the population does not have that.
    You don't have to affix like firesword though. I have 4926 satk with shifta/drink/tree (and katana gear), 1561 hp without deband but with my ult amd timed abilities factored in, and 206pp before pp drink. My units are just 90satk/50hp/9pp. Considering that this is a almost certainly a test for the next difficulty, it would make sense for things to actually be, like, difficult (also it's not double enemy damage, it's double enemy attack, which is actually a pretty big difference).

You don't have to affix like firesword though. I have 4926 satk with shifta/drink/tree, 1561 hp without deband but with my ult amd timed abilities factored in, and 206pp before pp drink. My units are just 90satk/50hp/9pp. Considering that this is a almost certainly a test for the next difficulty, it would make sense for things to actually be, like, difficult (also it's not double enemy damage, it's double enemy attack, which is actually a pretty big difference).
    Firesword was just a silly example. The point is, balancing damage around what players COULD POSSIBLY affix is silly. Doing that now after this many years pisses on people who invested dozens of millions affixing a certain way. Especially when the average HP players inherently get from units hasn't changed much since saiki/austere but suddenly cranking up the damage to disproportionate levels is fine?

Also:

Considering that this is a almost certainly a test for the next difficulty, it would make sense for things to actually be, like, difficult
    Making things one shot a player that didn't before isn't difficulty. Or at the very least, not enjoyable at all. That's annoyance.

And worst of all, that form of 'difficulty' can be subverted by the size of my wallet. This is the big difference between Devil may Cry doing this, and PSO2 doing it.

If you want to make something difficult, something more has to be done other than just raising the numbers.

Take FF14 for example: They don't give things more HP, make them hit harder and call it 'hard mode'. Square puts in mechanics.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 20, 2017 at 12:47 AM.

This is why I said just the added HP to bosses is fine because players got way stronger on average, but didn't get any more durable for at least the past year. Unit sets haven't given us any major bumps in HP since... crafted saiki, and austere 2-set.
    And i'm inclined to say the issue is you expecting ennemies to be balanced around glasscanons, which for sure would make for an extremely boring mmo.