Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Yeah, I disagree about just boosting the damage and hp and pass it off as a more challenging quest.

Before people chase me off with burning pitchfork and telling me to get gud, I am rocking a full Qhiphad set with Anga/Vinculum/Ether Factor/Abi III/Doom Break/Elegant stamina while not optimal on survival, should be around pro level of equipment.

Yet I tend to die a lot, not because I am bad at dodging but because of too much shit happening on the screen at once. Not to mention enemy combo that locks you down like Deus' lightning stun to thorns attack.

Anga for instance have those annoying bits, a stun, and a very wide range of attacks. Loser has those annoying red homing balls, quick needed attack, wide range sword swipes, etc. Sure, I can always focus on dodging but that means I am not doing DPS which just prolongs the fight even more seeing he has 5x more HP.

Sega should just pick either of the two, either a boosted damage so while people die a lot, it ends quicker or a boosted HP prolonging the fight but ensures everyone survives enough to dish the sustained DPS. Adding two sure is challenging but it is not fun at all since it's just the same stuff, just more tedious.

It also appears that players are being optimal with the falz run so it is same old thing, except longer.

I wish they could had spiced the EQ like adding a few attacks or adding falz arms on the actual dark falz phase and those owl bird on loser phase. Much more interesting than just higher numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    And i'm inclined to say the issue is you expecting ennemies to be balanced around glasscanons, which for sure would make for an extremely boring mmo.
    Ignoring your misrepresentation, and oversimplification of my point because you're too lazy, enemy damage should be balanced around realistic HP numbers.

They shouldn't be hitting people for 1k on normal attacks at this point in time, nor in the next difficulty. How is this a debate?
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 20, 2017 at 01:34 AM.

Well for one, techer exists for a reason. Making your more durable is one of its two main things. I don't see a reason why something shouldn't be balanced around having it, while also being able to do without if you have decent enough gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Well for one, techer exists for a reason. Making your more durable is one of its two main things. I don't see a reason why something shouldn't be balanced around having it, while also being able to do without if you have decent enough gear.
    I do have decent enough gear, and without a techer, ive been hit for ~1200+ by attacks that aren't designed to be "you seriously messed up" one-shots. I have ~1700 in each defense and close to 10% of each atk resistance. In the rest of the game, we're dealing with 400-600 damage and around the same average HP we had for 1-2 years.

The damage of some things in boosted ult amd is just overtuned, and really shouldn't be replicated in the next difficulty. Period.

If you want the game to be difficult, this isn't the way to do it.

Difficulty would be testing what the players know about the game, their class, weapons, the enemy, and reaction speed. Creating arbitrary one-shots where there were none is not difficulty.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 20, 2017 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    This game feels like a bunch of games in one with a complete lack of direction and dead flavor of the month modes scattered all around. They really should have dropped it around ep4 and started on pso3.
    A PSO3 to keep things fresh would just be another new thing that does not fix any problems, and is not a guarantee that it will be brought to the West like I'm sure some here are hoping.

Before moving on to a new game, SEGA should really figure out solutions to the current game's problems, which they haven't. It would end up like Warframe, where the devs keep adding new big flashy features and graphics without setting up a solid endgame - making the game worse than PSO2 for veteran players. That being said, that game takes a lot of risks as per Western mindset, and seems to be more suited to a number of people here based on their complaints about PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Difficulty would be testing what the players know about the game, their class, weapons, the enemy, and reaction speed. Creating arbitrary one-shots where there were none is not difficulty.
    Can't agree more.

As much as I want harder attack patterns and what not for the next difficulty tier (especially since Loser now feels as slow as Elder), with the way the game is right now crunching numbers up is better than nothing. We do, in fact, have excessive damage for now, and as a temporary solution it works just fine. It makes a difference between experiencing content the original intended way and just mindlessly walking through it not experiencing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I got tail slapped by those little tail dragons in ult amd for like 1.3k without deband cut. Anga does around the same with his tail wag, and random sonic booms without deband cut.
    Here's a thing that's common between those two attacks: they are both telegraphed for 5 seconds in advance. They are stupidly freaking slow, and you have to not pay attention at all to not notice them. Steroid Pendrans can also be stunlocked if you open their weakpoint, they just sit there doing nothing for a while, and a single person has enough power to do it. I've never had trouble with these attacks in MPAs with Expert setting. I'm saying this as someone who is still running 980 HP with Hunter and 1200 HP with Fighter and Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Anga for instance have those annoying bits, a stun, and a very wide range of attacks. Loser has those annoying red homing balls, quick needed attack, wide range sword swipes, etc. Sure, I can always focus on dodging but that means I am not doing DPS which just prolongs the fight even more seeing he has 5x more HP.
    Having to decide between attack and defense is a huge part of challenge. That's the POINT. That's what makes those bosses fun. But there's more... You can attack and defend yourself at the same time! There's tons of options that allow to maintain damage while providing block and invincibility frames. Not everything has to be about waiting for weakpoint to come up and then whaling on it in a braindead manner. In those parts you have to actively seek out opportunities to attack (which is a skill that comes from studying your class and your enemies), and that's what makes them extremely satisfying.

Yet I tend to die a lot, not because I am bad at dodging but because of too much shit happening on the screen at once. Not to mention enemy combo that locks you down like Deus' lightning stun to thorns attack.
    Now this is a valid point. Quite a few mob-centered EQs suffer from this, and Amduscia UQ has this problem in Darker rooms (mostly because of shield guys). Deus is easily the worst boss in the game. During main body fights it's just dodging while waiting, and then whaling, with no inbetween, which is boring. During dragon heads he can suddenly send 4-5 things at once at you (because his attacks aren't synchronized in any way) and there truly is nothing you could do about it. Even if you can see all these things at once (which, as melee, I can't, because a dragon head directly in front of me blocks my vision), there's this thing called recovery frames, so after successfully dodging one or two things you will inevitably get hit by the third and fourth ones. When something is designed to be bullshit, no amount of gitting gud, Fornis weapons and stacking HP will prevent stupid things with none of your fault happening, it only delays the inevitable.

But, again, this isn't a problem of buffed stats, it's a problem of core design. You might not feel the impact of this issue during unbuffed fights, because dragon heads just die too fast, or they deal so little damage that you can simply forget you got hit like it never happened. It's still possible. It'll still happen. It's still bullshit.
    Last edited by isCasted; Oct 20, 2017 at 03:45 AM.

Unbuffed Zeus already murders me with that dragon head knock back + follow up laser while a lightning from front and the sky is hurling towards you.

There is no worse feeling than knowing that in a split second, you are going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I can accept death as a result of my misplays like an ill timed counter but death because of random bullshit is just painful.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    As much as I want harder attack patterns and what not for the next difficulty tier (especially since Loser now feels as slow as Elder), with the way the game is right now crunching numbers up is better than nothing. We do, in fact, have excessive damage for now, and as a temporary solution it works just fine. It makes a difference between experiencing content the original intended way and just mindlessly walking through it not experiencing anything.
    Raising numbers does work as a temporary measure, but after having done this before, it's surprising that SEGA didn't ballpark it better.

With enemies that also have doubled or tripled HP, about a 20~50% attack boost is enough to present a challenge while not being overwhelming. Doubling or tripling the attack is pretty excessive especially with the clusterfucks that can happen with certain bosses and areas like Ult Amduscia.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Why are you trying to revive the era of requiring classes within your MPA in order to have a properly functioning MPA.

They nerfed WB nonsense for this very reason.

People never liked needing a specific class within the MPA in order for the quest to be run as intended.

Unbuffed Zeus already murders me with that dragon head knock back + follow up laser while a lightning from front and the sky is hurling towards you.

There is no worse feeling than knowing that in a split second, you are going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I can accept death as a result of my misplays like an ill timed counter but death because of random bullshit is just painful.
    i feel you about that death combo but it can be detected if you see some dragon head are charging their laser that is the sign of that combo just step back from the line of laser
    Last edited by oratank; Oct 20, 2017 at 03:13 AM.