Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason why people are upset is because numerical boosts are just band-aids solution to the problem and is not the direction of how people want content buffs to go. PD rework is an example of increasing difficulty done right. People want more mechanically intensive content that actually adds to the gameplay instead of taking away from it.
    Well, PD revamp also got numbers rework and tighter gate system coming with it, so there is DEFINITELY a need for simple number modification even though that alone is not enough

And let's face it, SEGA is never going to re-work some old content, simply because they don't have the human means to do that while keeping the content updated. I already see people bitching about the lack of new content, and I imagine most of the people that complain about the tiniest things already would give SEGA a huge backlash if they just stopped updating or giving minor updates for several months for the sake of re-working older content. they might re-work a few EQs but that's the best we'd get given how packed their update schedule is. It's a problem most older games face, and sadly there is not an answer that can satisfy everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Well, PD revamp also got numbers rework and tighter gate system coming with it, so there is DEFINITELY a need for simple number modification even though that alone is not enough
    No one is arguing against numerical buffs, the're arguing against just multiplying everything on a boss and calling it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I imagine most of the people that complain about the tiniest things already would give SEGA a huge backlash if they just stopped updating or giving minor updates for several months for the sake of re-working older content.
    I wouldn't. I actually get really excited when they go back and revamp or update old things because it means there's something for me to do besides wait for EQs. But then again I also want a very specific kind of content that they've been moving away from.

For the longest time, I wish they would introduce something akin to making an Austere weapon.

That weapon alone made a few old content relevant, at least farming the mats.

If the BQ weapon can be upgraded with stuffs like:

100 Qhipald Fuse
    100 Ether fuse
    100 Cleasis
    100 Schvelle
    10 Arena Booster
    10 Weaponiod stone
    50 Union Booster
    100 of each Falz Fragment
    10 of each Large stone from AQ
    etc.

People will be inclined to run old content.

Rings can be also upgraded to Ex.1 up to 5 by combining it with the same ring at +20 making gathering relevant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    For the longest time, I wish they would introduce something akin to making an Austere weapon.

That weapon alone made a few old content relevant, at least farming the mats.

If the BQ weapon can be upgraded with stuffs like:

100 Qhipald Fuse
    100 Ether fuse
    100 Cleasis
    100 Schvelle
    10 Arena Booster
    10 Weaponiod stone
    50 Union Booster
    100 of each Falz Fragment
    10 of each Large stone from AQ
    etc.

People will be inclined to run old content.

Rings can be also upgraded to Ex.1 up to 5 by combining it with the same ring at +20 making gathering relevant as well.

yeah no, locking a weapon behind a tour de france of quest chaining (especially boring ones) is not going to fix anything, certainly the mixmaxing fangirls will log in and play bad content for the sake of higher numbers, but not the people looking for a fun experience..

For one, it will at least makes those ghost town quest something worth out of.

Fun is a relative term anyway, I use to loathe the arena until I found out you can hoard 40% affix from it weekly so I tried it and I actually enjoy it.

Without some incentives to try a quest, no one would really run them and they wouldn't know if they like it or not.

A vast majority of people hated TACO but yet it is relevant since it has some nice incentives to run it.

Free field/Arks quest made accessible due to it being a daily quest.

A lot of people whine about lack of content but in reality we have a lot, just not utilized properly and adding a weapon like Austere, while not a fix, certainly a welcome change.

Also the quest chaining of boring quest you mention already exist, it is called the Collection file and is more gated especially with it needs certain EQ to finish.
    Last edited by AirinMikune; Oct 22, 2017 at 08:47 AM.

This game has too much stuff it feels like a chore just to get most of the stuff done so people just don't do it. Honestly, doing BQ feels like a chore to get it done for me. I guess most MMO tend to make the game as if it is your 2nd life or something.
    test

Boost the hanz/franka/revelle etc client order meseta rewards and i'll run everything and its mother
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    yeah no, locking a weapon behind a tour de france of quest chaining (especially boring ones) is not going to fix anything, certainly the mixmaxing fangirls will log in and play bad content for the sake of higher numbers, but not the people looking for a fun experience..
    People define fun experience differently.

Farming the same quest 90000 times for a 14* that is probably never going to drop is not very encouraging as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    People define fun experience differently.

Farming the same quest 90000 times for a 14* that is probably never going to drop is not very encouraging as well.
    Is this even about loots in the first place? I'm only playing this week for the beefed up bosses themselves and i'm happy to see 4 digits damage on my face here and there, just give players entertaining fights instead of waving the 14* carrot around our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Is this even about loots in the first place? I'm only playing this week for the beefed up bosses themselves and i'm happy to see 4 digits damage on my face here and there, just give players entertaining fights instead of waving the 14* carrot around our faces.
    Thought it was another "RNG drop versus pickup stone" debate. I am still surprised how many people would prefer hopeless grind than having a visible goal.