Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Hero Class: Sword vs. Talis vs. Guns

Ok, it's been bothering me for a while so I have to get opinions. What's better? Sword, Talis, or TMG?

Of course I have my preference as I'm sure all of you do as well. Personally I think sword is king when it comes to Hero class because it's so versatile. Vapor bullet is god-tier especially with target lock. Sword can replenish PP from a distance while dealing damage and deal an outrageous amount of damage from kamehameha when used properly.

Talis is great, I enjoy switching from sword to talis in combo attacks especially, plus talis replenishes large amounts of PP per hit. I don't use talis action but that's only because I maneuver around bosses with sword's vapor bullet (jumping dodge + extra jump, then auto lock + vapor bullet). Blast off a non-charged kamehameha and alternate with vapor bullet.

My least favorite weapon is tmg. Although hero tmg is fast dps it's a PP drain and replenishing PP means having to stop attacking while becoming vulnerable to attacks. Since Hero builds up a higher offense over time with the Hero Boost skill, taking a hit means losing dps. IMO tmg have their place in Hero's repertoire for handling lightweight mobs but I wouldn't boss with it.

Observing other Hero's in this week's Profound Invasion EQ and running Ult Amd I have to say, tmg and talis exclusive Hero's need to get on that sword game. With a sword, while suspended above boss types (jumping dodge + jump) Hero can easily build offense with vapor bullet and non-charged kamehameha while avoiding damage with ease, retaining Hero boost and delivering unimpeded damage.

Which Hero weapon do you think deals the best dps against boss types, and which Hero weapon do you think is better suited for smaller mobs? Of course everyone has their play style, though it seems like some players treat Hero as an upgraded version of gunner.

I made this video to argue that HP/PP is irrelevant on Hero if Hero is used properly. Phaleg is just the opponent, the technique used is what I'm trying to highlight in the video.
    Last edited by Asellus; Oct 27, 2017 at 02:16 PM.

I like sword because I can cheese my way to boosted falz by just using double jump, rising slash then cancelling it once I gain the altitude and repeat it until I am at the very top, lock on the core and spam Vapor Bullets and recover with weapon action.

You will be airborne indefinitely, dishing out continues attack while being safe from boss attack.

If they going to be lazy and implement the game with a stat boost, might as well learn how to cheese.

You can do a similar things with Talis as well but to gain altitude, you need to keep on cancelling Rising Slash.

asdf.jpg
    Last edited by AirinMikune; Oct 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

Sword are overall broken and can do everything, using them in dailies/weeklies is a necessity because it shaves off hours every week yada yada
    TMGs are much more fun though and better at mobbing than sword against large amounts of enemies in a line like in buster quest, also most of the buster quest enemies have their weak points in places where they automatically get hit with TMGs so I prefer using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    With a sword, while suspended above boss types (jumping dodge + jump) Hero can easily build offense with vapor bullet and non-charged kamehameha while avoiding damage with ease, retaining Hero boost and delivering unimpeded damage.
    the problem with this is you aren't countering, hero's best dps for all 3 weapon types. yes you are safe, but if you really want to improve your gameplay/dps, learn to counter attacks rather than playing scared.

Why do most people always try to push people to dodge and counter attack like it is something a skilled player should do while on the contrary, countering is easy as shit to do with a huge active frames where you can perform it.

The problem with sword counter is, its really a short range slash, sure it does a lot of damage and fills up your hero meter but I rather just stay airborne and have a constant stream of DPS without a fear of losing my hero damage by getting hit and stopping for a bit to anticipate a dodge.

It works wonders on UQ when fighting Anga, while you waste your time to trying to dodge like a 'pro' you claim to be, I am just hovering on top dishing them mad DPS and I do know I outdamage most of the players because Anga got the Talis resist after I switched to it when he got the sword resist, which I was the only one with Talis on the MPA.

I wonder how can you really outdamage a floating Vapor of bullets spammer when you are busy trying to counter and chase a teleporting boss through a maze load of different attack coming from different angles. You would most likely lose the hero boost by getting hit and you will be hit despite whatever claims of how good you are with countering and dodging(show me your player record with 0 death to prove me wrong otherwise).
    Last edited by AirinMikune; Oct 23, 2017 at 12:17 PM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

-snip-
    Tmg + Talis Hero here (though if things call for it, I did go sword, felt rarely tho) .....
    Spoiler!

Well, main preference is of course Tmg. That PA options .....
    As for reloading ...... It is pretty important for me, since I can plan a bit while reloading (it doesn't take long to completely fill my PP (123)). I also usually switch from other weapon to Tmg for PP recovery.
    Having the option of range also means I can see the field more ..... (it's harder to do point-blank-fight in TPS, especially when it's very crowded with other players).

Talis mostly used on boss fight .... Usually I do : (manual switch to Talis) JetWheel + WiseHound + RacerEdge + DiveBullet (switch back to Tmg). Every now and then (after some time had passed for WiseHound or I see the boss ran from JetWheel)
    It's also my preferred weapon when doing Counter with normal attack (Tmg and Sword counter slides a bit).

As for Sword ..... a bit .... problematic for me with high PP consumption of BrightnessEnd (well, still great AoE) .... so I usually just SecondEdge (switch to sword) + normal + BrightnessEnd + VaporBullet (switch back to Tmg) ....

Must do weapon switches for filling Gear ;w;
    Last edited by final_attack; Oct 23, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Talis for newbs, sword and tmg is metter of prefference. You can use only one, no swithcing, since hr is casual.

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Why do most people always try to push people to dodge and counter attack like it is something a skilled player should do while on the contrary, countering is easy as shit to do with a huge active frames where you can perform it.

The problem with sword counter is, its really a short range slash, sure it does a lot of damage and fills up your hero meter but I rather just stay airborne and have a constant stream of DPS without a fear of losing my hero damage by getting hit and stopping for a bit to anticipate a dodge.

It works wonders on UQ when fighting Anga, while you waste your time to trying to dodge like a 'pro' you claim to be, I am just hovering on top dishing them mad DPS and I do know I outdamage most of the players because Anga got the Talis resist after I switched to it when he got the sword resist, which I was the only one with Talis on the MPA.

I wonder how can you really outdamage a floating Vapor of bullets spammer when you are busy trying to counter and chase a teleporting boss through a maze load of different attack coming from different angles. You would most likely lose the hero boost by getting hit and you will be hit despite whatever claims of how good you are with countering and dodging(show me your player record with 0 death to prove me wrong otherwise).
    let's do some quick math shall we. 1 counter for me deals 110k on anga with full hero boost, one vapor deals 11.5*6 = 69k. which do you think is better dps? in case you can't figure it out, swiki will answer for you
    vapor vapor normal dps - 1589
    counter - 4118

even a hero who just lost hero boost does more dps with counters than a max hero boost vapor spammer. you're welcome to think you know what you're talking about, but numbers don't lie. man up and counter.

Gotta use them all and must know when to use them against the right enemy.

TMG is honestly rather lackluster.

Started to irk me a bit when doing Ult Amd all this week, and I've been hearing several people's brand new star attacks non-stop, especially from people fighting anga a mile away.

It's alright for BQ.

Which Hero weapon do you think deals the best dps against boss types, and which Hero weapon do you think is better suited for smaller mobs? Of course everyone has their play style, though it seems like some players treat Hero as an upgraded version of gunner.
    Outside of counterspamming with sword, talis would be the strongest boss dps if your atk stats back it up decently. I'm using S atk heavy units from Br, so that doesn't apply to me. It also gets hero time ready in under 2 minutes easily.

For mobbing against enemies that can take a hit (or 10 in stuff like boosted ult Amd), sword. For somewhat fragile enemies, TMG.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 23, 2017 at 01:48 PM.