Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    Regardless, the time you will be spending stopping your attack to anticipate the boss attack that you will need to counter assuming that the counter will hit the boss (countering a projectile for instance it not worth it unless you want the meter) vapor still wins as it is a non stop spam and it was already proven to be one of Hero's best DPS PA.

PP isn't even an issue as you can follow up a stage 1 charged sword weapon action for another good chunk of damage and one volley of regular aura bullets and your PP will be always full.

Didn't even bother watching the vid as it might one of those edge cases of a really hard core player doing 'perfect' runs which doesn't really apply to the majority of players.
    okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    I take the occasion to say thanks for the very informative/useful videos you posted since a while now. Yours and some Sizustar (I think) posted showing the gauge filling efficiency between weapons and finisher damage differences .
    thanks!

I can see how some people would think boosted enemies are unfair when step dodging on the class with the most generous amount of iframes is considered "really hard core" and a "perfect run."

Again and again, just because I got hit doesn't mean I can't dodge.
    So much for this eh? If you need to stand still and stop attacking just to dodge properly that means you can't dodge.
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; Oct 24, 2017 at 04:39 AM.

Regardless, the time you will be spending stopping your attack to anticipate the boss attack

that you will need to counter assuming that the counter will hit the boss

Didn't even bother watching the vid as it might one of those edge cases of a really hard core player doing 'perfect' runs which doesn't really apply to the majority of players.

Yeah, tell me how to dodge after you got flash stunned by Anga, while a laser bolt from above hits you with WB while a core bit is spinning behind you and the tornado is about to hit you and lasers pointing in your general direction while a boosted dragonkin about to tackle you.

Yeah, tell me how to dodge after you got flash stunned by Anga, while a laser bolt from above hits you with WB while a core bit is spinning behind you and the tornado is about to hit you and lasers pointing in your general direction while a boosted dragonkin about to tackle you.
    You man the flash stun that gives you a good 3 seconds to know it's coming, and has a really loud audio cue.

I don't even disagree that vapor bullet is useful in situations where dodging would be a liability or hero counter won't hit, but this idea that you should never ever dodge at all, even when it's your best option baffles me. I can understand using Vapor bullet when a bunch of attacks are flying all over the place, but if you're telling me that you don't even counter Elder's palm smack, I dunno what to say.

You're supposed to fight dragons separately from Anga's main body. Good groups only have a few people in the center of the arena distracting Anga while others are cleaning up mobs. Mobs spawn at a decent distance from Anga's spawn, flash stun and tornado can't reach you there, and you are unlikely to be targetted by WB even if you get stunned. Lasers move around very predictably, shielding against them is very easy, it's also easy to abuse them for counters. Bits can be destroyed by collateral damage while you're fighting mobs, and they shine brightly when they're about to attack. Lasers are also very easy to destroy, as they just sit there and you can go behind them. Even if you get hit by lasers and bits, they deal very low damage even with the boost.

By the time Anga reaches phase 2 you should be fighting nothing but Anga. Anga's bits either go together with her attacks or stay far away from the body, so not seeing them shouldn't be an issue.

Also something that people didn't mention.... Hero Counter builds gear, actually gives a very noticeable chunk at that. It also resplenishes gear during Hero Time, which means longer Hero Time upkeep with that juicy ATK bonus when it's needed. Counter is a core mechanic of the class and should be used whenever you see a clear and good window to do it for those reasons, and that's not even accounting for the extra damage as it was mentioned.

Good example is with Talis : its step attack only deals superior damage to PAs when it's able to hit a target several times, which doesn't happen that often. However, people still counter a lot with Talis instead of only using Dive of Bullet, because the Gear building is simply insane. even if your damage by countering was slightly inferior to PA damage, squeezing an Extra Hero Time out of it sounds definitely worth in several situations

Sword. One-handed Sword. Best Sword.

Sword.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

You... You know you can break out of Stun, right?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Even beyond the damage and hero gear awarded, counter is just a fun mechanic to use. One of the things I miss the most when I play a class besides Hero is being rewarded so well for a successful dodge.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9