Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So I logged back in PSO2 after 18 months...

Many changes since then and some questions with those:

1- Where the best place to learn about NT weapons?
    2- SEGA has locked the level cap break behind a 13★ NT grind, how easy is it to get one of these anyway 0_o ???
    3- Is my Austere Rod severally outdated now? If so, what should I look for now?
    4- What about my crafted Saiki Set, is anything surpassing this now?
    5- I switched to a UHD TV since then for my media PC which is also running on Windows 10 now. What cheap Nvidia card that's still on the market could I buy to keep max settings at 3840 x 2160? Screw that question, text and UI are too small, hurting my eyes, I'll stick to 1920 x 1080.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Oct 29, 2017 at 07:33 AM.

2.The easiest thing to do is to grab an OT Tokyo weapon for the class you want (which you can currently grab from both Kasego Stones and the Yamato Collect File available from Pudding), and trade it in to Zeig along with 20 Ether Fuses (which you can get from the Yamato EQ on XH). As long as the OT Tokyo weapon you trade in is under Pot 3 +5, then you can use that for the level cap titles since those are automatically at +x/35 without needing to get multiple copies; if it is over Pot 3 +5, then it will already be at +35/35 and that won't get you the title, you need to grind it yourself.

4. Crafted Saiki is still usable, but the best sub full-12*combo is uncrafted Austere Arm+Rear and a 12* Leg. This has higher stats that Crafted Saiki, and lets you use two Left Rings.

5. Looking around, to get max settings at 3840x2160 resolution with at least 30fps, a GTX1050ti or GTX1060 might not be able to handle it (though given PSO2's graphics, there is a chance it might), so you might only have the choice of a 1070ti or 1080.
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 28, 2017 at 11:06 PM.

1- NT weapons have a light blue border around the weapon image and the biggest thing that separates them from OT is the EXP bar. You just feed the weapon you want to grind other weapons. They introduced an EXP ability known as "Emper Embrace" which gives it 90+ EXP, this is what most people use when grinding weapons.
    The normal cap of a weapon is usually 30+ (13☆ have the chance at dropping with an increase cap between 31-34) but, if you obtain multiple copies of the same weapon you can increase the cap by 1+ for an Over cap of 35+ (caps add up so for example if you have a weapon with 32 cap and another one with 33 cap it will add up to 35 cap). 35+ gives your weapon a "Special Ability Factor"(SAF) a SAF gives your weapon a 100% rate Ability, each weapon has a different ability.

3- Austere is alright, most 13*s still hold but if you're looking for the best, at the moment the Zeinesis(Qliphad) weapon series is the strongest. There is a Collection File right now up for them but they expire on the 31st so getting 3 copies of it through collection files in 2 days would require at least 15 Quest Triggers and 120 Star Gems to reset the file without the 2 day cool down.
    This weapon series has 3 potentials. 1) 12% Dmg Boost + 10% HP Recovery in 30s intervals + 2% DMG boost to your party. 2) 10% Ability success rate. 3) 2x Abilities on the weapon (Ex: 100ATK on weapon = 200ATK) + 14% DMG boost. The 3rd potential requires 120 "Qliphad Fuses" (Drops from the raid boss) to unlock. You could save meseta by just trading in the Zeinesis and converting it into Qliphad which has the 3rd potential and the exchange carries over what was on the weapon so you keep the grind value,abilities,and cap limit.

I apologize if this feels clustered, feel free to ask for clarity.

1. The only real difference is that grinding doesn't have risks, but you have to unlock potentials before proceeding, and NT weapon has higher power base than OT getting improved by 30% total.
    Like people said, feeding emper loots will result in around 150exp per fodder, but so are 12s weapons, which are abundant now from Buster quests. If youre short on lambdas, you might grind 12s first and then feed those to 13s. Meseta cost will be much higher, but you wont need as many lambda grinders.

Most 13s are getting collection files that allow pretty much guaranteed result. Even if youre late for one CF, theres always another up.
    Advanced untek might result in higher cap already unlocked, so you are not always required to find 6 copies if you get something dropped. Theres a lot of cases where stuff has a better chance to drop now than OT 13s before, like in AQ for example, but since you already have Austere, it might not be very much needed.

They're planning to reintroduce ult naberius and lilipa series as NT soon, if Im not mistaken.

3. Buster quest weapon series have higher base attack and very accessible through CF (maybe just a few runs, required items drop faster than gauge completes). Although most of its potential only works in buster quest, but there will be mostly those type of quests in foreseeable future anyway.

4. You might want to look up at least one 12s unit, because they can hold a left ring inside. Its hard to recommend any of them, since they have a mean drop chance, and the ones available in the exchange require ungodly amounts of buster quest autism.

Naturally, most 12s unit sets have almost none set bonus, so collecting entire 12s set might not be advised unless you really need 3-4 left rings working at once.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Oct 29, 2017 at 04:02 AM.

Wow, things that changed. Thanks for the info guys, guess I have some reading to do on the old swiki regarding weapons and units then.

The game just went downhill, period.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    The game just went downhill, period.
    I'm assuming you've stopped playing?

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I'm assuming you've stopped playing?
    Pan literally only shitposts.

You can get around the resolution issue by making use of the UI magnification feature in the options, I think, allowing you to keep the resolution without having to purchase cybernetic eye implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Pan literally only shitposts.
    Not much of a hobby, but hey, who am I to judge?