Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do I have a bad loadout/classes? Opinions? Ideas?

I always wondered, if I am the only person using this loadout:

Race: Newman Female
    Classes: Hu/Te (played in PSO a RAmarl using Sabers) currently Ra/Te to level Ra
    Levels: 64/53?
    Weapon: Blue Gunslash+10 Ex. 9 (cant craft 10)
    Has some ATK+30 stuff and Poison in it.
    S-ATK is over 800, planning to aim for 1000 by crafting. I can post a screen later, if needed.

Armors: some rare armors i got from the Matter Board, its a Set.

Weapon PA: Serpent Air -> Rage Dance -> Rage Dance
    Palette Main Skill: Resta, Zondeel? (the one who pulls enemies together), Anti, Guard Stance and the other stance

I am having no problems so far unless I run out of PP to heal myself, which i don't want to exchange.
    I think I am a lot underpowered, compared to others, but I use movement and PA spam.

However, what can I do to increase DPS?
    Different weapon? But I like GS abd other weapons are too slow or have recovery frames.
    Different Classes - maybe, if I can still use the PA on GS and/or Resta.

Should I affix weapons or armors for more ATK/Def?

I know I sound like a Nub, but I have been playing that way since Beta.
    I have Trouble with Extreme Quests, but I seem to lack DEF (or HP?)
    Like... 2-3 hits and i am dead.

So, any opinion or ideas what I can improve or balance weaknesses out?
    If needed, i can show my skill trees.

EDIT:
    Here is my Skilltree

Weapon: Blue GS+10 Ex.9 Element FIRE +50 ; Poison 2, Mark Angar, Exp Boost 1

Armors:
    Rear/Flaxuica+10, Ex 5 (from Matter Board 1-7)
    Arm/Flacuete+10, Ex 3 (from Matter Board 1-7)
    Leg/Flagrance+10, Ex 5 (from Matter Board 1-7)
    R/Boost Slayer+2
    Don't have a fitting L/ Ring yet.

Mag:
    Rukmin
    (from top to bottom: )
    66, 25, 12, 71, 6, 9, 11

Account is non-Premium, so no Weapon Exchange Passes (for now).
    I own two 10 Star and one 11 Star Exchange Passes, though.
    Last edited by Nospax; Nov 2, 2017 at 04:43 PM.

So many things wrong...

You say you play since Beta, why are you only 64/53? I wanted to say play Hero if you want to be fast and use techs, but you need 3 classes @75 for it.

Why do you still use crafted weapon without potential when the CF's are super easy? The 2017 Badge GS is super easy to get, you can even buy a 13star GS in the player shop Skuzirath Skull スカジラーススカル (potential is bad, but still better then Blue GS).

And why would anyone play Hu/Te? You can't guard with GS so Guard Stance is useless without GSA skill. And Resta? Who needs that when you can faceroll with Automate Halfline+Massive Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nospax View Post
    However, what can I do to increase DPS?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...hread/dmcic0n/

So, any opinion or ideas what I can improve or balance weaknesses out?
    - If you truly want to play with a GunSlash, do not go for Hu/Te. TEchter is usually used as a Main Class for Wand wacking or as a Sub Class to help FOrce but for a GunSlash use try HUnter as Main and FIghter as Sub. You'll get way better damage. HERE is an exemple of what you could do.

- 13★ weapons are almost mandatory nowadays. Until the end of the year, you'll get 2017 Badges you can exchange at the Badge Shop in order to get an Ite Shigure (which, without being wonderful, will be far better than your actual weapon). And of course, grind it to +30/+35.

- Try to get/exchange/buy some 11★ Units with a good Set Effect (or get some 12★ ones). A list of Units can be found HERE. You can also mix two 11★ Units with a Set Effect and complete with a 12★. The AUSTERE SET is really great for that purpose.

- Try to affix your Weapon/Units with at least 4 Affixes being a mix of ATK/PP/HP (up to your way of playing). You can find the Affix Simulator HERE. Things like Power3/Spirita3/Stamina3/LeoneSoul are really easy to get and give 65 S-ATK, 5 PP and 70 HP for each piece of equipment, for example.

OP, you don't have just bad classes, you have bad everything.

Your DPS is bad because TE makes for a lousy subclass for HU, because you don't use Fury Stance (arguably Guard Stance could work with Guard Stance Advance if you parry a lot, but Gunslash can't parry), and because your gear is bad.

You can buy weapons up to 12* rarity and units up to 11* from the visiphone. Like other pointed out, ideally you want 13* weapons. But even with a 12*, your damage would be much higher than it is now. Blue weapons haven't been meta for, well, basically never. Regarding units and affixes, saiki is cheap for a 11* set. Austere is better but something tells me you don't have the money for it. You can't really do lategame without decent affixes so my advice is, start with something simple like trying to affix vol soul/power 3/stamina 3, and work your way from there.
    Also my personal advice is, drop Gunslash as a weapon. It's not a good one. Oh, and switch to a 3 button PA style, it's much more flexible and feels better than 2 button.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Nov 2, 2017 at 09:31 AM.

It is true that you should aim for a 13* weapon, but, in the mean time, you can purchase a 12* weapon that will be a great improvement over your blue gunslash. Make sure that it is a NT weapon; avoid old type weapons, which the player shop search parameters make easy to do.

There are two 12* NT gunslashes available at this time, Nox and Likasunesia-NT. I would argue Likasunesia-NT is definitely better because of its potential, but Nox is still an improvement over what you have, so purchase whichever one you can afford. Make sure to buy multiple copies of the weapon with the same element, so that you can maximize its element to 50. This probably will cost you less (maybe a lot less) than 300K. Then work on grinding it to at least +30.

If your character is getting killed in two or three hits, you can try taking advantage of either Automate Halfline or Iron Will from the Hunter skill tree. Pick one or the other and max it, and it will improve your survivability greatly.

As for units, go with what Terrence said. Austere is the best that you can buy, but it is also the most expensive. Ideal is also good but also expensive. A (very) cheap alternative would be the Kaiser set, which would give you a lot of s-atk and r-atk for your gunslash.

As an alternative, you may be in a good position to try Te/Hu. Te/Hu is a great support class with high survivability, and wand smacks hit hard.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Nov 2, 2017 at 10:22 AM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Ignore people saying drop the gunslash as a weapon.
    Use it as a backup wep if you're a Ra or get hardcore into it and play Fi/Hu with a cookiecutter fi/hu build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zSyo_tkqEA&t=
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it's up to them to use what they like to; but I suppose they might need to give all of the other weapons another look. there are plenty of nuances to various weapons, either trough class skills, skill rings, PAs, or even interactions between them all that the game won't tell you upfront, some that can completely change your approach to how you use them.

for instance, the first thing somebody looking at using swords needs to do is get a photon sphere and get the level 1 Sacrifice's Bite disc (or level 17 if they can spare the 20 cubes yet) from the exchange shops, then go get that modded into the Type 0 variant. Or if they wanted to try out doublesabers on Fighter, the difference between using a DS with and without a +20 L/DS Kamaitachi ring is night and day (or at least +10 or higher so you can start to get a picture of it).

though I would still say if your gear is that out of date OP, it might be a good idea to mess around a little with the other classes; but at least try to learn all the PAs for each weapon first so you can give them a mostly-proper shake

EDIT: looking back at the OP, I am going to firmly suggest Wand Te/Hu. Getting a Form Sythe these days is kind of a pain in the butt, but a Detonation Wand from current collection files can at least stand-in until next month's files, or Etherion Dragon's files assuming either of those will sport a decent unconditional damage boost.

anyway, with Te/Hu you get to smack things in close range, and throw down some decent support. your ranged options will be limited, but once you get the Safoie Type-0 modification that won't matter anymore, because you can just fly into your targets to bonk them, no matter how high up they are. the only exception is stuff like bal rodos that just kinda flies outside of the platform most of the time.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 2, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    You say you play since Beta, why are you only 64/53?

Who needs that when you can faceroll with Automate Halfline+Massive Hunter?
    I didn't play thoughout the years. Thanks to my RL, I had to take very long breaks between plays.
    PC broke down, Internet Problems, etc. Oh well. Things always happen

OK; back to Topic.

Thanks for your Ideas. So essentially, it boils down to this in a Nutshell:

1. Get a 13Star Weapon
    2. Get better Armors.
    3. Change Subclasses to Hu/Fi or Te/Hu using Wands.

However, I added more detailed Data to the OP Post, including my Skilltree and Mag. Please check the post.
    Thanks to Terrence for showing me that Skilltree. But there is something, I wonder about.

Wouldn't "Automate Halfline" and "Halfline Slayer" cancel each other out?
    If a Mate-item is used as soon I get hit under 50%, I'd restore HP to get over 50%, losing the bonus, right?
    That way I couldn't reach Deadline, unless I get hit so hard, I'd almost die.
    (That's why I skilled "Iron will" and "Never Give Up"- just in case that happens)

If a Mate-item is used as soon I get hit under 50%, I'd restore HP to get over 50%, losing the bonus, right?
    (That's why I skilled "Iron will" and "Never Give Up"- just in case that happens)
    The only time that you would need to fully spec into Halfline and Deadline Slayer is if you main Fi, and can thus use Limit Break; with Limit Break, you proc the Slayers because you HP drops to 25%, but for the sake of Automate, your HP is 100%, and it will proc when you lose 12.5% of your actual max HP.
    In Terrence's Skill Tree, Half- and Dead- only have points in them for the sake of getting the Skills they are prerequisites for, so they aren't skills that you will proc often.
    Last edited by Anduril; Nov 2, 2017 at 05:13 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

However, I added more detailed Data to the OP Post, including my Skilltree and Mag. Please check the post.
    Thanks to Terrence for showing me that Skilltree. But there is something, I wonder about.

alright so dex is actually a pointless stat these days, it used to matter a little until they added in a buff for 7*+ weapons that ignores it entirely. these days it's a defensive stat that -sometimes- works, -maybe-, but you wouldn't really notice it if it did work. so you can safely ignore any dex up skills.

JA Bonus 1+2 are essential for any hunter skill tree; you ideally want to get the input timing correct for Just Attacks (when you attack, if you dont press anything a circle appears around your character. hit the next attack button when you see that and you deal 30% more damage), and JA bonus 1+2 make that damage boost even bigger.

when it comes to Fury and Guard stances, Fury is going to be easier to use. Guard Stance can be stronger than Fury if you have the Guard Stance Advanced skill maxed out, but you have to successfully Just Guard (blocking only reduces damage, with correct timing on the block button, a Just Guard will nullify the damage completely) an enemy attack every 40 seconds to keep it going. you do not want to take Fury Critical for hunter main class; critical hits in this game only hit for your maximum damage variance, no bonus damage at all. only Fighter main class and Gunner main class have skills that boost critical hit damage, but im not going to cover that here. even if you go for Guard Stance, you still want to max JA Bonus 1 and 2! those still work no matter which stance you are using!

Guard Stance Advance only works while hunter is your main class, so if you want to use hunter as a subclass to other classes like Techer, just max out all of the Fury Stance skills. I'll say until you can settle down into a particular class setup; I would just stick to Fury Stance.

Here's some early essential skills for a Hunter/Fighter build:
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008

You are going to be in front of the enemy far more than you will find youself behind them, so maxing out Brave Stance is important. Tech Arts JA Bonus will also be important to utilize, but it's an extra layer of complexity past hunter's JA Bonus. for that skill you gotta Just Attack into a different Photon Art then the one you just used. later you will want to max out PP slayer, so you get some extra kick when your PP is under half.

as for Techer/Hunter:
    https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...000dBIb0000008
    Wand Gear+Wand Lovers+Wand Reactor, Elemental Weak Hit, and Shifta Strike are Techer's main damage skills, Deband Toughness is also really good to get, as is Super Treatment and Territory Burst+Territory PP save. long time assist is also super important. I left the hunter tree the same as the one from the Hunter/Fighter tree, so you can use that one until you can decide which is better for you.

in order to use Elemental Weak Hit with wand bonking without needing a wand of each element, I would strongly urge you to acquire a "L/Wand Element Change" ring from the ring shop in the cafe. you will also need to grind it to +20 for the ring's full effect too. with that ring, you can change the attacking element of your wand simply by charging an offensive tech of the element you want to temporarily change to.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    Sir, do me a favor ; stop playing this game. You suck baws.
    if you don't know how to help, you just gotta say so
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 2, 2017 at 10:56 PM.