Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    At this point, Expert Block equipment req's should be forced, not something people can do then drop the gear
    you can easily meet all these reqs and still be bad but the forced Equipment would make it even less badder i guess, not gonna write an essay for this right now
    Can you prove that the absolute worst player who has completed Expert matching requirements is better than the absolute best player who hasn't? Heck, we already have had discussions about players who had Expert matching completed by someone other than themselves, and I guess there are also players who have enough gear/skill to complete it but simpl don't care.

Bad gear isn't proof of lack of participation and of intentional leeching. It could be that someone is still in their gear up phase and haven't reached their desird gearset yet.
    Also, I'd like to make the counterargument that a lot of peeps with good gear are players who have already maxxed out their chars and simply leech because they can and because "I had to carry others, now you carry me". This type of player exists in every single other online game I've played and is a lot more frequent than your average casual player who plays the game to enjoy it and not as a 2nd job.

Waiting for affix req eventually too, no more: Gryphon/All Res3/Stam3/React3/Arm3 etc
    Let's assume that Sega assigned you to implement the requirements for accessing some part of the game content. I can assure you that unless your requirements are the mathematical highest stats currently available, then there will be at least 1 other player who will consider your requirements to be too low and who would argue that *you* shouldn't be able to access said content, even if you are not interacting with that other player at all (different ship or whatever).

Sega's requirements aren't exactly low. Players have shown that they can complete content with a lot lower requirements than what Sega asks. Sega's requirements seem to be in fact more of a gold sink rather than a "proof of stats".
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Dec 6, 2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: I contradicted myself because I think faster than I type

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Can you prove that the absolute worst player who has completed Expert matching requirements is better than the absolute best player who hasn't? Heck, we already have had discussions about players who had Expert matching completed by someone other than themselves, and I guess there are also players who have enough gear/skill to complete it but simpl don't care.

Bad gear isn't proof of lack of participation and of intentional leeching. It could be that someone is still in their gear up phase and haven't reached their desird gearset yet.
    Also, I'd like to make the counterargument that a lot of peeps with good gear are players who have already maxxed out their chars and simply leech because they can and because "I had to carry others, now you carry me". This type of player exists in every single other online game I've played and is a lot more frequent than your average casual player who plays the game to enjoy it and not as a 2nd job.

Let's assume that Sega assigned you to implement the requirements for accessing some part of the game content. I can assure you that unless your requirements are the mathematical highest stats currently available, then there will be at least 1 other player who will consider your requirements to be too low and who would argue that *you* shouldn't be able to access said content, even if you are not interacting with that other player at all (different ship or whatever).

Sega's requirements aren't exactly low. Players have shown that they can complete content with a lot lower requirements than what Sega asks. Sega's requirements seem to be in fact more of a gold sink rather than a "proof of stats".
    didnt read

HU/RA using launcher on everything and refuses to WB, good player ya?
    Literally almost never happens.
    What are you on about lad.
    Spoiler!

I don’t often post in the main section of this forum (or at all) and I actually stopped playing PSO2 recently due to all my frustration with the game’s current direction, but I couldn’t help but throw in my opinion here regarding the Expert system.

When the system was initially revealed, it was derided because PSO2 has traditionally been a more horizontal progession game instead of a vertical progression game. There are numerous reasons as to why this is the case but the biggest contributor is that at it’s base it’s an online action game - there is a skill and execution barrier in this game which doesn’t exist in other similar online games.

I feel like ever since PSO2 did the collaboration with FF14, they saw the growing divide in the PSO2 player base between the veteran players and the waves of newer, casual players coming in and they wanted to do something to address that. They probably saw how FF14 gates content based on item level and decided they wanted some sort of determination between levels of players as well.

The problem is, as has been discussed on the forum ad nauseam, the requirements are arbitrary and don’t really work with this game. I’m sure you all remember when Expert requirements first came out, that one Rappy dude completed all of the requirements on a fresh character /barehanded/ by just knowing the content and dodging and attacking very slowly while clearing the solo Extreme quest.

Ultimately, this is a problem with SEGA and how they tried to implement these sort of requirements. Because there is a sizable element of skill and execution in this game, you can’t really force people to use certain equipments to make them qualify for Expert as they can have similar survivability and damage with lower equipments. This is the old example but a 10603 Austere weapon is /not/ considered an Expert weapon by the requirements to unlock the setting despite the work to get any Austere weapon being significantly harder and more involved than any NT weapon.

Even getting access to the Expert doesn’t really mean as much now a days since player power creep is out of control and the combat requirements for Expert keep getting easier.

The only real way to ensure you play with players of similar skill levels is, as others have suggested, to group up on your own for content. At the end of the day, this is on SEGA for having short-sighted design choices when the game was created 5 years ago and for course correcting to try to fit into a model PSO2 isn’t suited for.

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Literally almost never happens.
    What are you on about lad.
    you didnt run Nab UQ a lot did you? and you see this stuff on/off Expert Block

i dont get why they didnt raise the level requirements for nab and lilipa to amduscia levels, you could join nab or lilipa with a lvl70 main class and a lvl1 subclass because its setup that way, now imagine the HP+defense boosts going on
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    i dont get why they didnt raise the level requirements for nab and lilipa to amduscia levels, you could join nab or lilipa with a lvl70 main class and a lvl1 subclass because its setup that way, now imagine the HP+defense boosts going on
    one of the reaons im wanting a forced req

anyways not replying to this thread anymore, its irrelevant to a boost week thats past