Default PSO2 on UHD/4K Topic

No sure if such a topic exist, but just in case, I figured I'd make a topic so that people can share their experiences while playing PSO2 on a UHD TV/Monitor.

For my part, the biggest issue I found was the UI (and text size). If you play in any mode in a 3840 x 2160 resolution, then you can kiss your eyes goodbye because the UI/Text Size option will not be compatible with this resolution. In short, you need to play in 1980 x 1080 if you want to be able to read, especially if you're on a TV and not using a monitor on a computer desk.

The downside is that you need to play in Fullscreen only because the Windowed option will give you a tiny Window (it's not scaled) and the Virtual Fullscreen cannot be set with any resolutions, it will grab your screen's current resolution (if you open the official PS2 laucher, you'll see the resolution is grayed out when selecting Virtual Fullscreen).

So ya, I'm stuck playing in Fullscreen mode and risk crashing the game if I Alt+Tab

The alt+tab crash can usually be fixed by enabling large address awareness. Additionally, if you go into your user.pso2, you can try to change the reference size of your UI, making sure to set it to lower than the resolution you want to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The alt+tab crash can usually be fixed by enabling large address awareness. Additionally, if you go into your user.pso2, you can try to change the reference size of your UI, making sure to set it to lower than the resolution you want to play on.
    Are you saying that we can against the limited options that were programmed into the game (regular for 1280 pixels, 1.25 for 1600 pixels and 1.5 for 1980 pixels)?

Edit: What exactly would I edit in there anyway?
    Last edited by the_importer_; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Are you saying that we can against the limited options that were programmed into the game (regular for 1280 pixels, 1.25 for 1600 pixels and 1.5 for 1980 pixels)?

Edit: What exactly would I edit in there anyway?
    You are looking for the lines that look something like this:
    },
    Screen = {
    InterfaceSize = 0,
    MaxScale = 1,
    PreferredScale = 1,
    ReferenceResolution = {
    Y = 720,
    X = 1280,
    },

Here's the guide that goes into it a bit more: Guide: UI scaling

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    You are looking for the lines that look something like this:
    },
    Screen = {
    InterfaceSize = 0,
    MaxScale = 1,
    PreferredScale = 1,
    ReferenceResolution = {
    Y = 720,
    X = 1280,
    },

Here's the guide that goes into it a bit more: Guide: UI scaling
    Ya, I saw that guide while googling, but it's obviously outdated because person came to the conclusion that it's not possible to get past a certain size:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...ing_it_larger/

SEGA will have to do something about UHD displays sooner or later. For now, I'd be happy just to find a way to run Virtual Fullscreen in 1920 x 1080 in order to get the 1.5 UI option or to upscale the Windowed mode when set to 1920 x 1080.

Get windowed borderless gaming and use it to run a windowed 1080p pso2 and see if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Get windowed borderless gaming and use it to run a windowed 1080p pso2 and see if it works
    Interesting little program, I'll give it a try, thanks.

EDIT: It sort of works, but you can see that it's not a proper scaling, so the picture doesn't look too good. Also, the mouse controls are fucked up and keyboard input are delayed.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Oct 31, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

try changing MaxScale to 4, same for PreferredScale
    P S O W
    (΄_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Any updates on how to fix this ? I’m running the tweaker and I changed the resolution once and then the it was small ever since, trying to re install everything rn but now the windowed version is small too so I don’t know what to do my pc is outputing 4096 x 2160 so please help if anybody has any solutions ... thanks ):